It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Characters are Based on Egyptian Pharaohs

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Archaeology experts have found absolutely no evidence what so ever that Hebrew Jews lived as slaves in Egypt or of their exodus from Egypt...... The plain truth is that Moses didn’t lead Hebrew slaves out of Egypt anymore then Chilton Heston did..... There is not one shred of archeological evidence for the existence of Moses or of any of the bible’s main cast of Hebrew characters – from Abraham to Jacob to King David to King Solomon...... There is however plenty of evidence for the existence of Egyptian pharaohs who these biblical characters are based on.....

Evidence shows that the ancestral patriarch of the Hebrew Jews is Amenemhet the first and that his biblical name is Abraham. Since pharaoh Amenemhet worshipped the god Amen, are Amen and the biblical god the same god?

Since Yakubher is the Aramean name for Jacob, Egyptology experts interpret this as factual evidence that the biblical Jacob and the hyksos king Yakubher were one of the same,

Moses closely matches Thutmosis the third, even the names Moses and Thutmosis are almost identical.

King David reigned for 50 years, Egyptian history reveals that pharaoh Psusennes also ruled Canaan for 50 years at the same time as the biblical king David – both battled the same enemy called the sea people or philistines.

Pharaoh Siamun and King Solomon reigned at exactly the same time and fought the same enemies in Canaan called the Matani, the Hittites and the Philistines.

(Jacob: 1758 – 1611 BC, King Yakubher reign: 1655 – 1646 BC)

(King David reign: 1012 – 962 BC, Psusennes reign: 1039-991 BC)

(Moses: 1527 – 1407 BC, Thutmose the third reign: 1479 - 1425 BC)

(Abraham: 2055 – 1880 BC, Amenemhet the first reign: 1991 – 1962 BC)

(King Solomon reign: 970 – 931 BC, Siamun reign: 978 – 959 BC)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yes. This is certainly an extremely popular theory, and one that is very alluring.

People can't seem to decide on a single candid for each patriach or character though, I've seen as many theories as there are Pharoahs and Bible mythological characters. For example You match Moses with Thutmosis III. One of the more popular ideas is that he is Akhenaten, or one of the more mysterious rulers who followed after him during the 18th Dynasty.

Aligning Jacob with the period of the Hyksos is also a very common idea, this can be said in general about the Hyksos and this period of Hebrew mythology.

It's an amazingly attractive theory, fascinating, but also a frustrating one if you are looking for any kind of solid, irrefutable evidence.

Have fun putting the puzzle pieces of this jigsaw together.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
thing is,even before the Egyptians,the story was there.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
thing is,even before the Egyptians,the story was there.

Which story are you referring to?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What similarities are there between those people and Egyptians????? Names??? Well, thats it,you nailed it. After all, Avraham life as described in Torah/old testament perfectly suits that certain Pharaoh...Or not? This pharaon is also from Mesopotamia? His father was a pagan priest? He also had to leave Knaan because of famine and have this embarrassing Egyptian king story? Perfect fit...or not? The same about all the others.
What about Egyptian (very rare,but still existing) mentions of post-Solomon kings? A global hoax??? Just for the kicks and to perplex and confuse the future generations, ancient Hebrews (who probably were from ancient /b/ forum) for Lulz wrote this stuff. I imagine small forum (though not virtual) ,certain smoke filling the air, histerically laughing Hebrews and someone writing it down giggling.
Not to mention - your theory lacks archeologic proof too. Except a few similar names??? Come on. RamsesII also can be similar to Moses ,must be the same individual. That must be the reason for his campaigns in Knaan....

Edit: spelling

[edit on 25-3-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

Evidence.....? Well if what I’ve given isn't enough I can always give more

Besides Pharaoh Amenemhet and Biblical Abraham living at the same place at the same time, there is evidence connecting biblical Abraham to pharaoh Amenemhet the first. According to Egyptian history pharaoh Amenemhet the first was not of royal blood and his family origin is unknown, Egyptology experts believe he seized the throne of Egypt after murdering Pharaoh Mentuhotep.

Jacob takes his Hebrew clan and migrates from Canaan into Egypt, this Hebrew migration into Egypt closely parallels Egyptian history when the Semitic hyksos migrants overthrew the Egyptian pharaohs and seized the throne of Egypt. One of the Semitic hyksos leaders who became king of Egypt was Yakubher (Jacob)

Historical records show that the Semitic hyksos kings ruled Egypt for over a hundred years. The Egyptian people rebuild against these Semitic kings and pushed them into northern Egypt. By 1500 BC a peace agreement was reached between the Egyptians and the Semitic hyksos, which allowed the hyksos people to leave Egypt peaceably and move to Palestine and Jerusalem in the Egyptian controlled land of Canaan. Their gradual and peaceful migration closely matches the bible story of the Semitic Hebrew exudes from Egypt into Canaan in 1447 BC.

An Egyptian pharaoh ordering the deaths of all Hebrew baby boys, the Hebrew mother of baby Moses tries to save him by hiding him in the Nile River. When baby Moses is found by the princess daughter of the Egyptian pharaoh, the princes decides to raise him as her own son. Moses now has two mothers – a royal Egyptian princess mother and a none royal Hebrew mother. Thutmosis the first and his princess daughter was Hatshepsut. Egyptian history verifies that princess Hatshepsut married her brother named pharaoh Thutmosis the second, but when Hatshepsut couldn’t produce the male air to the throne, her brother husband chose a none royal mistress named Isis to produce the male air and named their son Thutmosis the third, the bible story of Moses closely matches the factual Egyptian story of Thutmosis the third.

In the bible story Moses gives up his big chance to become the richest most powerful ruler in the ancient world to become a lowly poverty stricken Hebrew laborer, but wouldn’t becoming ruler of Egypt and Canaan been the most intelligent way to help his fellow Hebrews? The historical facts show that’s exactly what Thutmosis the third did. Once he grew up to become pharaoh of Egypt, Thutmosis the third organized military campaigns with his mighty armies and chariots and defeated the enemies of the Hebrew hyksos who had settled in Canaan.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This may account for early old testament stories but what about new testament? I cannot verify the accuracy of this, but there is said to be more first hand written evidence of Jesus and the things he did than there is of Napoleon. If this is the case who are the old testament people referred to by jesus?Maybe someone can confirm or deny if this as just urban myth?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The thing is that there are MUCH more difference then similarities in those stories. Moses was never described as a king in Bible. Moses returned to Egypt at about 70. Moses spent much of his time with Itro, not in Egypt or Canaan.
Avraham never described as king of Egypt in bible. He entered Egypt during famine, had a wife/sister issue with Egyptian king and LEFT Egypt.
A shame no pharaoh was called similar to Itshak, another NOT king of Egypt.
Yaakov is not described as king of Egypt. He migrates to Egypt due to famine and Joseph's position. Note - Joseph is also not described as a king, but he has powers of a king. This is a case i could have agreed to, but THIS you ignore. Yaakov and his family are given a territory in Egypt. Not the capital.
Hyksos were in Egypt for about a 100 years. Hebrews - a lot more.
A time scale that you present really puzzles me. Egyptian dynasties with their archaeological evidence are being argued upon to this day.
How do you know when Yaakov lived? Or Moshe? It is not known. To historians, i mean.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here is a link to a wonderful book that will counter your statement regarding archeological discoveries concerning Israel and Egypt. I recommend it to everyone!

It is filled with some amazing pictures of things discovered on the floor of the Red sea and, much more.

www.leocordia.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
This may account for early old testament stories but what about new testament?

Good question

The historical facts show that the last pharaoh of Egypt was Ptolemy the 15th who was nicknamed caesarian or little Caesar. Born in 47 BC caesarian was the son of two of the most famous parents in world history – Roman ruler Julius Caesar and Egyptian pharaoh Cleopatra. When mother caesarian Cleopatra proclaimed herself to be the reincarnation of the virgin goddess Isis, caesarian became the son of a virgin mother goddess, when caesarian’s father Julius Caesar was elevated to the status of god by the Roman senate, caesarian was recognised as the son of god and air to god’s kingdom the Roman Empire. Caesarian was also recognised as the sun of god in Egypt after his mother named him ruling Pharaoh of Egypt. Cleopatra declared caesarian to be the King of kings, at the age of thirteen during the donations of Alexandria ceremony in 34 BC.

The face of history suddenly changed when Julius Caesar was stabbed to death by his most trusted men, Octavian the adopted son of Julius Caesar swiftly seized power as the new Roman emperor. After Caesar’s death Cleopatra became romantically involved with married commander from Caesar’s army named Mark Antony. Mark Antony and Cleopatra parented three children, a twin boy and girl followed by a second boy, since caesarian was Julius Caesar’s son and was rightful air to the throne to the Roman Empire, Cleopatra feared for his safety. When Octavian’s mighty Roman army invaded Egypt, Cleopatra arranged for caesarians safe passage out of Egypt with her most trusted servants. Historians confirm that Cleopatra sent caesarian to India, there are no historical records for caesarian’s fait, despite false rumours of his capture.

Cleopatra’s trusted servants who travelled with caesarian, became the boy’s parent guardians but who exactly were these parent guardians who Cleopatra intrusted her son to - were their names Merry and Joseph by any chance? While caesarian fled from Egypt with his parent guardians, Cleopatra and Mark Antony’s three children were placed in their care of Antony’s wife, after suffering a crushing defeat against Octavian’s evading army, Mark Antony committed suicide by falling on his own sword, the devastated Cleopatra also committed suicide by a self inflicted poisonous snake bite. While travelling undercover through Egypt with his parent guardians, caesarian was forced to hide his identity and change his name. The Egyptian name for Jesus is ‘Esue’ (spelling?) which means the son of Isis, it can be found in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

This is an interesting theory, Andre. It seems to be a lot of coincidence for some of it not to be true.

There is already a thread in the Conspiracies in Religion forum that is quite similar.

Also, I was just wondering where you got your information in your opening statement since you did not list any credits.

Do you have a link to where you found this information to share, in case a person wants to read further about it themselves?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Sure - for more information I suggest you look into "The unknown life of Jesus Christ" by Nicolas Notovitch

And for the Egyptian pharaoh section I suggest you look into 'Antonio Lebolo'

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Thank you. I found a place to read "The Secret Life of Jesus Christ," online. It looks like some interesting information that I just glanced at, but will enjoy reading in depth.

I did notice that the author penned the book in 1890 which is interesting because that means that theories like these date back to quite a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
One thind to consider about the New Testamant, is that none of it was penned in his lifetime. If I remember correctly, the first stories were not written until at least after he had supposedly lived and died.

There is another plauseable theory, that Jesus was actually King Tut. I read the book, and it was good enough to challenge my own beliefs enough to leave me not sure what to believe. Especially considering the contents of this video. I have also included a few links below talking about the book "Jesus int he House of the Pharohs."

www.curledup.com...
www.shout.net...

[edit on 3/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Did the Hebrew authors of the bible’s Old Testament really expect readers to believe that Abraham lived to be 175, that his sister wife Sarah gave birth at age 90, that Moses turned staffs into snakes and rivers into blood? Why did they mix up historical fact with myths and legends? Researches of both bible and Egyptian history have concluded that the Hebrew authors of the bible covered up the fact that the Hebrews and the Egyptians shared the same royal bloodline, but why, why the cover up…. because after the Egyptian people forced the Hebrew hyksos kings out of Egypt, the only way the Hebrews could continue ruling Egypt was to hide their Hebrew identity from the Egyptian people. They did that by changing their Hebrew names to Egyptian names and intermarrying with Egyptian royalty just like the biblical Joseph did.

By hiding their Hebrew identity the Hebrews continued to rule Egypt secretly as Egyptian royalty. They worshipped Egyptian gods, followed Egyptian laws and violated Jewish Hebrew laws, this meant they had to hide their Hebrew identity not just from the Egyptian people but from the Hebrew people as well. They had to keep their royal Hebrew Egyptian identity and their worship of Amen hidden

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Did the Hebrew authors of the bible’s Old Testament really expect readers to believe that Abraham lived to be 175, that his sister wife Sarah gave birth at age 90

There are some people who believe that this might actually be possible. No one really knows for sure why we have the lifespans that we do, or that seem normal today.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Even people of royalty only lived up to 70 - 80 max, maybe in the near future with medical advances but back then I’d have to say no. Anyway, do these same people also believe Moses turned staffs into snakes and rivers into blood as well as parting the red sea?

Some more info -

After his famous battle in Megiddo in Canaan in 1479 BC, Thutmosis installed district governors in garrison cities throughout Canaan. Thutmosis probably chose his district governors from the 12 Hebrew Tribes named in the bible. Is it just a coincidence that today’s temple of Isis located on the island of Philae in Egypt has the same name as Thutmosis mother, some suggest that Thutmosis the third built the original temple of Isis to honor his Hebrew mother who was named after the goddess Isis and that the temple was latter restored by Ptolemy kings, an inscription inside the temple identifies as the mistress queen of Egypt.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
This may account for early old testament stories but what about new testament? I cannot verify the accuracy of this, but there is said to be more first hand written evidence of Jesus and the things he did than there is of Napoleon. If this is the case who are the old testament people referred to by jesus?Maybe someone can confirm or deny if this as just urban myth?

You are very, very wrong about this. There is zero incontrovertible evidence that Jesus even existed. Anyone who says differently is fibbing or is misinformed, especially with regard to that absurd statement about Napoleon.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I can believe it. If anyone has read The Hiram Key, it is somewhat along the lines of what the authors of that book were saying. I will paraphrase a part of their hypothesis:

The Semite tribe the Hyksos, were proto-Jews. When they captured the throne of Egypt, they wanted to know the secrets of Egyptian king-making. These secrets were only known to the former Pharoah, Seqenenre Tao II, still king in Thebes, and his two senior priest/advisors. The Hyksos king who wanted to know these secrets was Apophis. Vizier to Apophis was Joseph.

Apophis tasked Joseph to extract the secrets of becoming Osiris, so he could achieve eternal life, which was his right as the reigning king of the Two Lands. Joseph sent his brothers Simeon and Levi.

The brothers approached the two senior priests first. They did not reveal the secrets and were killed. They then confronted Seqenenre in the temple while he prayed. Again, they were refused and Seqenenre was murdered. Thus, the secrets of the Egyptian king-making ceremony were lost forever.

Later, the Hyksos were driven out of the Egypt. They went on the become the tribes if Israel, and developed Judaism, which is basically the Egyptian king-making ceremony without the actual 'secrets' which made it work. The Hyksos copied what they knew of the ceremonial rituals. This is also the basis of the masonic myth of Hiram Abif.

Some say the Templars found these secrets buried under Solomon's Temple during the Crusades. But, I don't know how this could be true if the secrets were lost. However, it could be the reason why so many Christian mystical traditions resemble the ancient Egyptian ceremonies.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Historically a series of powerful invaders the philistines, the Babylonians and Persians conquered the land of Canaan which the Hebrew people called Israel, the Hebrew tribes of Manesseh and Dan joined forces and became the Macedonians or Macedanians (Manasseh + Dan = Macedanians) They fled to Greece where they wore white kilts like the Egyptian pharaohs, played goat skinned bagpipes, adopted the Greek culture and settled along the River Danube which they named after the tribe of Dan.

By 322 BC their leader Alexandria the Great reconquered Egypt and appointed his general Ptolemy I as the new Hebrew pharaoh of Egypt. Cleopatra was the last in a succession of Hebrew Ptolemy Kings, although Cleopatra is considered to be the last of the Egyptian pharaohs, author Ralph Ellis claims that Jesus was the last of the Hebrew pharaohs of Egypt. Must read ‘Jesus, Last of the Pharaohs: The True History of Religion Revealed’

(just go to google and type in the above title)

[edit on 26-3-2008 by andre18]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join