It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: U.S. deaths in Iraq 'laid foundations for peace'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Relax there "sailor", just an old beatup jar. screwing with you. Marines do appreciate your toy boats taking us to hot zones so we can do the fighting for you.

Guess its just a Marine thing......."tweekin'" swabbies............

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Thanks for the Rapture. Just so you know I am well educated on Christianity. I wasn't wanting to turn this thread into a bible session, just added that passage in hopes that it would inspire you. At least this means you read my post on what Peace means

The rapture is a lie from the anti-christ.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I know about the Rapture, who, when, and why it was created. It was not made from the anti-christ, unless you think the anti-crhist inspired man in the same way Christians think God inspired man to write the Bible. Like I said I know alot about Christianity. Certainely Christianity 101 stuff like the Rapture, heh.

Nice dodge on the other things I said btw.

[edit on 063131p://27u26 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I knew a Marine once. He was probably the most arrogant, self centered, superior know-it-all wretch I've ever met (And I socialize with effete plutocrats).

He'd comment on any and every topic as if he were a master of the topic, and knew naturally more than anyone else conversing with him.

He was also one of the more brainwashed people I know, and if I had known him in real life rather than online, he probably would've been very disliked by the majority of people I socialize with (For his faux one-upsmanship in every convo).

I'm not saying you, or other marines, are that way. That has been my experience in the past though.

Of course, Marines are highly trained killing machines conditioned for war and bloody deeds. Trying to argue peace with a marine is like trying to tell a blender that your fingers are not fruit.

Lucid: Love the quote from Jeebus.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Lucid: Love the quote from Jeebus.

Aye, I thought that was a good one considering the context of what was being said

[edit on 063131p://27u21 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Meh, I live in California but I think traveling into OR, WA, and Canada is friggin sweet.

I don't understand why you can't see your own hate
Is the Military to blame for that as well? I don't know. I see Vets on ATS that don't have hate covering their eyes...

Hate? The point I am makng is, there IS a huge difference between "vets" and "WAR vets". War vets actually had lead flyin' at them and from them. Vets, often the loudest, were the ones safe behind the front lines drinkin beer and "bitchin'" about missing "salley jean" back home. Very, very few WAR vets will talk about it, especially on sites where they are hated..............like this one..............

Vets are "want-to-be's", seeking glory that was never theirs, but they feel entittled because they 'served" near the lead flyin area..........

Those who have no lived with lead birds flyin can not speak to the real cost of military deaths. I only cut "dubbya" slack because he has to live with giving the order.

Anywhere american military blood is spilled is sacred ground and the cause will always be "just", no matter what the whiners say. Iraq is a just war. Saddam was a hitler of his time. He stole food from children in the "oil for food" scam. All those in the UN and europe who profited also starved children. The muder of thousands of kurds from chemical weapons gave the world the right to invade Iraq. The environmental horror alone when Saddam set fire to the oil fields should piss-off the enviros'. There are a million reasons to be in Iraq.

The biggest reason is to kill terrorist on the streets of Iraq and not the streets of america, or england, or australia, or even FRANCE...............

When spain gave in to terrorist, then they get what they get. A new invasion of the Moors.............

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I know about the Rapture, who, when, and why it was created. It was not made from the anti-christ, unless you think the anti-crhist inspired man in the same way Christians think God inspired man to write the Bible. Like I said I know alot about Christianity. Certainely Christianity 101 stuff like the Rapture, heh.

Nice dodge on the other things I said btw.

[edit on 063131p://27u26 by Lucid Lunacy]

The rapture is nowhere in the bible...............it is a fake...........

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
Trying to argue peace with a marine is like trying to tell a blender that your fingers are not fruit.

Muahaha
Good analogy. And unfortunately probably true for the most part

Wish the military was able to train effecient killers (did i just say that?) without comprimising their grips on compassion and humility.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Thank you I am honored.................

I know enough to know I don't know everything........but almost...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

The rapture is nowhere in the bible...............it is a fake...........

I...know...that...

Wanna create a Bible and Religion thread or something, or are you just troll'in and uh bait'in here?

I mentioned Rapture earlier because you rained hell-fire down on me with apocalyptic bible talk instead of addressing what I said..

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I'm not sure I was honoring you with a complement, but you are welcome nonetheless.

On the subject of "Anywhere American blood is spilled is sacred ground". In that case, America itself it the most sacred ground of all, and as a Marine, you're sworn to uphold the freedoms of your homeland against enemies both foreign and domestic.

You can say you just follow orders, and that it's all on Bush... but you're a marine, and should know that if history finds Bush contemptible towards the freedoms of this land, that you might be considered complicit in that decision making by following his orders.

The same sort of thing happened during the Nurenberg(sp?) trials, many "good germans" claimed they were just following orders, and many were hung for it.

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, and I'm not trying to scare you (scare a marine? HAH!)

I am just saying that every free man holds himself accountable for the things done in his own name. I honor and respect your service, and wish you whole health and safety... even should my views of peace conflict with yours of conquest or American superiority.

I think you might be served to talk to marines and other veterans of Vietnam about the importance of wars, and one should duly ask them also what they think of Iraq in comparison.

You might be surprised at the responses from those gents who danced with death in that era.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Vets are "want-to-be's", seeking glory that was never theirs, but they feel entittled because they 'served" near the lead flyin area..........

So basically, reading over that entire post, I can really just sumerize it like such:

Marines, and the other soldiers with the 'big guns' on the 'front lines' are the real heroes, and all the other people in the military are worthless as they are not constantly getting lead thrown at their face.

Dude do you seriously think the other members in the military, outside of infantry , are not contributing? That's absurd. I have never served and even I know what you're saying is ludicrous. Who do you think is even gathering the intelligence you baboons need to get to the positions where the 'lead is flying' to begin with

Who is flying you guys around?

Who's fixin your injured?

Where is ANOK when I need him

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Anywhere american military blood is spilled is sacred ground and the cause will always be "just", no matter what the whiners say.

And that is what I meant when I said your eyes are covered in hate..

You're saying that no matter what as long as it's an American war then it's sacred and just. That's blind man. Open up your heart.

Saddam was a hitler of his time.

Who, I believe, was trained and appointed by the US Government!..

There are a million reasons to be in Iraq.

Then there is a million more not to be.

The biggest reason is to kill terrorist on the streets of Iraq and not the streets of america, or england, or australia, or even FRANCE..............

Did I miss the part where you actually gave the reasons

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Relax there "sailor", just an old beatup jar. screwing with you. Marines do appreciate your toy boats taking us to hot zones so we can do the fighting for you.

Guess its just a Marine thing......."tweekin'" swabbies............

I retired from the Corps. and you, not only make a mockery of yourself and serving or former Marines, but you are systematically ensuring there is further justification for hate. Not only from a Wold opinion, but you are also fomenting hate and anger from within? You call yourself a Marine? Son, you need to seek some help, stop crying out for attention, and go back to your video games that let yo be the Virtual Marine that you are purporting to be.

A true grunt knows precisely when to keep his mouth shut, his eyes open, and his ear to the ground. Apparently you possess none of these abilities. That leads one to call into question, your efficacy as a Marine. No wonder you're a "beatup" Marine, I'm quite certain those who know what the game is, didn't want to hear you either.

A million reasons to be IN Iraq? Really? List them all please, I will be happy to read through exactly 1 Million reasons.

Truth be told, there was a very finite set of reasons to be in Iraq from the on-set. It is certainly understandable to have been there HAD there been a stockpile of WMD; had there been a stockpile of Bioweaponry; had there been atrocities (like Darfur, Congo, Mogadishu) too horific to let the world endure.

NOW, there is only one reason to be in Iraq, solely to try and keep the peace as much as can be, for as long as can be such that the Iraqi Government can handle the process alone. If you think you're "in the know" with respect to some "superdooper Governmental top-secret maxwell smart" intelligence that dictates otherwise, by all means lay it on the line, otherwise please DO be a true Marine and learn when NOT speaking is equally as compelling as doing so.

AB1

[edit on 27-3-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Bush is absolutely right! The foundation has been laid but the house is a impossible mission to build. If their strategy was to bribe the tribe leaders in the beginning it would have worked, but now you have people who are way too deep to co-operate with the US. Don't forget in the war before the US made a lot of enemies in Iraq because they bombed all of Iraq's food supplies, plants and etc. Now they have killed a lot of people in the bombings and think "Oh, well the Iraqi's are coming around to it." Even though a lot of them lost their parents, siblings or relatives.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

I retired from the Corps. and you, not only make a mockery of yourself and serving or former Marines, but you are systematically ensuring there is further justification for hate.
[edit on 27-3-2008 by alphabetaone]

Chesty Puller where are you, Perhaps another "fry cook"?

Semper Fi

1 Samuel Nicholas 1775-1781
2 William W. Burrows 1798-1804
3 Franklin Wharton 1804-1818
4 Anthony Gale 1819-1820
5 Archibald Henderson 1820-1859
6 John Harris 1859-1864
7 Jacob Zeilin 1864-1876
8 Charles G. McCawley 1876-1891
9 Charles Heywood 1891-1903
10 George F. Elliott 1903-1910
11 William P. Biddle 1911-1914
12 George Barnett 1914-1920
13 John A. Lejeune 1920-1929
14 Wendell C. Neville 1929-1930
15 Ben H. Fuller 1930-1934
16 John H. Russell, Jr. 1934-1936
17 Thomas Holcomb 1936-1943
18 Alexander A. Vandegrift 1944-1947
19 Clifton B. Cates 1948-1951
20 Lemuel C. Shepherd, Jr. 1952-1955
21 Randolph M. Pate 1956-1959
22 David M. Shoup 1960-1963
23 Wallace M. Greene, Jr. 1964-1967
24 Leonard F. Chapman, Jr. 1968-1971
25 Robert E. Cushman, Jr. 1972-1975
26 Louis H. Wilson, Jr. 1975-1979
27 Robert H. Barrow 1979-1983
28 Paul X. "PX" Kelley 1983-1987
29 Alfred M. Gray, Jr. 1987-1991
30 Carl E. Mundy, Jr. 1991-1995
31 Charles C. Krulak 1995-1999
32 James L. Jones, Jr. 1999--2003
33 Michael W. Hagee 2003--2006
34 James T. Conway 2006--

Warriors..................those who understand "foundations of peace" given in american blood..

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. [Ronald Reagan, U.S. President; 1985]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Saddam was a hitler of his time.

Who, I believe, was trained and appointed by the US Government!..

You would be very wrong. Saddam took power and is directly connected to the nazi party in the 50's.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I served for six years including the first Gulf War, and I agree with every post so far but yours.

[edit on 25/3/2008 by ANOK]

So what truck did you drive well behind the lines? Or were you just a greasemonkey? It is amazing how many have "served" in the first gulf war from as far away as a bar in germany............

Every go the an "anti-war" rally of (war) vets.........everyone there was a green beret or a ranger............amazing how many potato peelers in the kitchen were really green beret's................

With that helio, you have really shown yourself to be the delusional monster you are. Thanks for coming clean.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

No I didn't have to dodge bullets, just F-14's, yellow gear, spinning props, jet wash, shipboard fires, the ocean, Navy food, stupid dumb marines patrolling passageway and getting in the way of REAL work when they should be dodging bullets, Chiefs (watch for the coffee stains). All this while lugging around 60lbs of tie down chains and a 30lbs bowser in 120deg heat on the flight deck for 12 hours 7 days a week. And I couldn't shoot back...

Were you in constant combat 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 8 months?

I hope you learned to dig holes well because that was probably the extent of your training...

You insult every single person who has ever served with your attitude. I know you're just trying to wind me up because ya a jar . and have the typical stupid jar . brainwashed attitude. Judging by this post you were a real good one. But please just go away and stop de-railing a good thread and forcing me to defend myself and my service. We take ATS and these threads and comments in them very seriously.

I am a Gulf War vet and I served in a combat zone, my danger pay, hostile fire pay, and flight deck pay, all tax free, were not because they just felt like being generous.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
George Walker Bush makes me sick to my stomach.He's a pathological liar and I really doubt he loses any sleep over lives lost in this illegal invasion.
Weren't less people dying when Saddam was in power?If the Iraqi's wanted their own peace on their own terms someone would eventually take out Saddam.
Once the WMD fiasco was proven false,America should have pulled out.
The only person to blame for 4,000 American deaths is your decider.

In a statement issued Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the continued cost of the war in blood and treasure has become "unacceptable."

This woman talks out of both sides of her lying face.If this is and was unacceptable, she should have initiated impeachment proceedings when Americans made their voices heard.

It's quite apparent that there is no such thing as democracy."Democracy" is just a dressed up word that no longer has value in the political arena.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join