It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: U.S. deaths in Iraq 'laid foundations for peace'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I guess in your guise we will just 'have to kill them all', because the sons of the dead will be the next jihadists, and so on, and so on. Guess that makes it all good. The next israel/palestinian nexus.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by jpm1602]

SOOO the 116,00o americans that died in WWI were just pawns

Oh...OH how about the 406,399 that died in WWII............

Or the 36,000 in Korean

Oh surely the 56,000 in Vietnam............

The 4000 did hunt down jihadists to save YOUR butt..........rem that!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Perhaps the world is a rough place because of those kinds of reminders

Perhaps you support a rough world. Some support peace.

Very few sane VET's who actually fought in a war support WAR. Most as do I support peace. WAR sucks...........

But there are these nutjobs called "Muslim extremeist" that do want war, the kill all "non-believers", Jews and americans. That is reality "missy", not "can't we all just get along", "PEACE NOW" stupidity.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So the cycle of killing and violence is not only patriotic but knightworthy.
Yes, let us continue to kill, maim, and occupy all our foes.
But what of Darfur? Do you not think those poor Africanis are worthy of some democracy? What with the genocide and all. Oh, I see, American stalworth is a tactical game of reward versus cost.
My mistake.
Oh oh oh, and what if the next tan minivan pulls into your driveway to give you the next triangular flag.
'Peace now' stupidity. Brother I pray for you. Shoot 'em all and let Allah sort 'em out. You really take the cake.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I do not find any reason why a cojoined international alliance could not find a logical alternative to mindless encrypted killing. I think it is worth a chance given the alternative.
I believe most humans around the world have grown weary of daily bloodshed.
Then again it is the NWO that would like to see our ranks culled to 500 million by 2012.
When will we lift the veil from our eyes and see who our true enemies are?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Was=peace
truth=lies
railroading=justice

and so it goes.... George Orwell warned us.... when bush minor and cheney the dick started talking about an unending war lasting a generation or more the hackles on the back of my neck stood up... now McCain talks about keeping troops in Iraq for 100 years.

These republicans are stark raving mad and anyone who votes for them in this election cycle is a damned fool.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Where did the flag waving manifest destineers go Grover? I guess back to hive to consider their next triumphant crusade.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The 4000 did hunt down jihadists to save YOUR butt..........rem that!!!!!!

First of all, *I* served AND retired from the Military. And YOU should remember THIS, that MY butt was never on the line. This war saved me from nothing, apparitions won't harm me.

YOU need to calm down my friend, as you clearly are lost in a world of illusion and fabrication, which, you may well find attractive, however your opinion of chasing ghosts as a viable mechanism for onslaught seems not to be shared by your peers.

While I don't agree with all who would use nefarious means by which to defame the USA due to this ongoing war, I certainly also find your method of "agree with me or you're anti-american" equally as counter-intuitive.

For anyone to blindly believe your view of what is truly going on there, is as anti-american and unpatriotic as is blindly believing that there was NO reason to be there.

AB1

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
'Democracy' by Death.

'Liberation' by lives extinguished.

When Bush meets his maker on judgement day and can no longer hide behind all of his yes men, he will be forced to feel the anguish and incredible suffering he has caused to millions. He is a truly evil, diabolical soul.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jpm1602

When exactly did you serve? When did you "ask" to fight and keep your country safe? I think perhaps you have been 'too" safe and need a reminder the world is a rough place.

4000 "AMERICANS" gave their lives for thier country to keep thier faimilies safe.

How are we kept "safe" by soldiers that are in another country?

How does that make any sense?

No one is protecting the borders here at home. If there really exists "terrorists," they'd have a much easier time getting into the country now that we are vulnerable.

4000 soldiers gave their lives for NOTHING. NOTHING.

Our country is less safe after 2 invasions. Did you hear me?

We are LESS safe.

Their blood paid for you "right" to whine and point fingers. Their blood took down a brutal dictator, killed thousands of insane muslim terrorist. /

NO SIR. Their blood did not pay for #. Their blood paid Bush's oil bill and lined Cheney's mercenary pockets.

Insane Muslim terrorists? Are you kidding me.

YOU ARE THE TERRORIST. YOU CREATE FEAR. YOU SIR ARE THE TERRORIST.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

WW2 was a completely different story. Korea and Vietnam didn't protect this country either, they were proxy wars to "fight communism."

Today's communism is "fundamental islam," while we have christian fanatics preaching hate in our very own country.

Hate is hate no matter what brand it is. If you honestly think people "out there" are trying to kill you, good for you.

I for one, am not afraid of the boogeyman.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But there are these nutjobs called "Muslim extremeist" that do want war, the kill all "non-believers", Jews and americans. That is reality "missy", not "can't we all just get along", "PEACE NOW" stupidity.

I think you are highly delusional to think that. Muslim extremists don't want war. You want war. You seem to love it from the sounds of things.

Be honest.

Muslim "extremists" don't care about you, or any jew or american.

American foreign policy is to blame. In case you aren't familiar with this countries past, we've done some pretty messed up things in the name of "freedom."

We INVADED Iraq. INVADED Afghanistan, twice. These people deserve to be free.

They don't want anything to do with us, but since we're there, they are going to shoot at American soldiers.

If an occupying force invaded my country, you bet your ass I'd be doing all I could to get them out of here, suicide bombing and everything.

You must be in a fantasy land to think these "muslim extremists" care about you enough to want to kill you.

They don't, you're not that special.

President Bush, well...he's the #1 terrorist. Wanted in over 100 countries for genocide, mass murder, and being an all around douche. His whole administration is wanted for high treason by the real patriots, who actually care about seeing this country live.

(The pronoun "you" has been used in a general tone towards brainwashed America, this was not meant as a personal attack)

[edit on 3/25/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
We INVADED Iraq. INVADED Afghanistan, twice. These people deserve to be free.

Do you have any idea how "free" they were before we showed up?

They don't want anything to do with us, but since we're there, they are going to shoot at American soldiers.

Then why do they have to resort to such tactics? Why not just elect the politicians that want us to go? Without the support of the government, there is no way we would be over there right now.

Oh wait, let me guess. Your response to this is going to be something along the lines of the US fixing the election so that they elect who we tell them to.

President Bush, well...he's the #1 terrorist. Wanted in over 100 countries for genocide, mass murder, and being an all around douche. His whole administration is wanted for high treason by the real patriots, who actually care about seeing this country live.

Blah Blah Blah. Same anti-Bush rant that we are always hearing. Can't you people come up with something new?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I can come up with something new......

Our president... declared one of the worst wars in the history of this world....

One of which there was no CLEARLY defined reason for going over there... becuz if the reason was to remove sadam an bring back a peaceful country we have failed miserably an well with that reasoning we should goto china, darfur, columbia, North korea, Russia and many other places but we dont becuz.....

theres nothing to secure there cept people, an well this admin just cares about oil, an PR.... member negitive PR isnt bad PR when yer selling weapons an war goods.... Specialy if you can get your own company to supply it....

Not to mention the many many people over there that we can Introduce Walmart an starbucks too once we " Americanize " their homeland. soon the Christain Missionaries will be there, Oh wait they are...

So we arent trying to force anything on them huh..

These people had a life before we came, it might of been a supressed life but at least one of which they could go outside without fearing mortars, kidnaping, american roundups, targeted raided or airstrikes, no clear understanding of whats going to happen tomorrow.

So whats stoping Russia or china from doing the same thing here, declearing our way of life unfit an our ruler a dictator becuz we killed millions of Innocent lives? it was all for war so its ok, but when a man does it for ethic cleansing its just tottaly wrong... so death by warped views is wrong but death by war an poor judgment arent?

Dude if none of you can see that this government we live in has implimented* More laws, more taxes, more shaddy deals that the american people can see then maybe we are better off griping about it on here, an going back an forth with blaming an saying Your wrong...

How about we all grow up, act like civilized beings, and talk about this Situation as a Group Co-op, Not a war itself... WE are Voicing ourselves, let those voices be heard not silenced nor Penalized.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There's two kinds of people who still back Bush's War:

Millionaires and suckers!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

President Bush expressed sympathy Monday for the families of the 4,000 Americans killed in the war in Iraq, promising to make sure their loved ones "were not lost in vain."

"One day, people will look back at this moment in history and say, 'Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come,' " Bush told reporters after a meeting at the State Department.
(visit the link for the full news article)
---------------------------------------

Sure, Bush truly laid the Foundation for Peace in Iraq, this is how he laid his misguided Foundation of Death and Carnage for a War attributed to Someone else's Agenda, within his Circle. Check out this link if you dare, to see how Bush waged His War of Peace :

mindprod.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
are their also only two Colors? White an black?

Come on, so if im not a Millionaire Imma Sucker... lol How. What did I get duped with this time? Fasle facts? a Jaded sense of Understanding? disinformation that is being directed into my brain now?

Just becuz they listen to him an made money doesnt mean they are gettin over on us. Just means they have alot of Plant fiber in their owning. I'd rather have my wits an Understanding about me then plant fiber or Natural resources, becuz I can pick nature up all around me, its the wits an understanding that many dont seem be to able to find.

" Read My Lips, No More Freedoms "

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Your link was horrific.

Bush should have his face rubbed in it every hour of every day.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

They at least weren't afraid of moving around their country. I'd say that's more free than worrying about a sunni or shiite neighbor blowing your face off because of the civil war.

At least Saddam had some stability, ditto with the Taliban (who are actually are the rise again, so much for the war on terror).

Then why do they have to resort to such tactics? Why not just elect the politicians that want us to go? Without the support of the government, there is no way we would be over there right now.

Its a little difficult when the democrats want the same thing the republicans do: power and money.

Its clear the democratic party don't give a damn about the Iraqis either. I never said they did.

In all fairness, the republicans have been straightforward with their bigotry, the democrats have been hiding their motives.

If voting for a new politician ever changed anything, voting would be outlawed in the first place.

You know as well as I do that a politician is a politician. Pick your poison.

Oh wait, let me guess. Your response to this is going to be something along the lines of the US fixing the election so that they elect who we tell them to.

Rigged? Not necessarily. Do we really have a choice? I chose the lesser of 3 evils. And that's not Clinton or McCain, best buddies.

Can't you people come up with something new?

"You people?" What, questioning your government and calling them crooks and liars is anything new?

We knew Bush was a criminal when he was elected. He was just a helluva lot better than Gore or Kerry, which isn't saying a whole lot. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened of Johnny old boy was elected. Armageddon probably would have happened by now, but Bush has the country headed that way after 5 years of one illegal war and 7 years of another.

I suggest you research the US foreign policy the last 8 years and tell me you're proud of what we've done. Go back even further, geez, I start having nightmares.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla

[...]

"One day, people will look back at this moment in history and say,
'Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come,'

An equally ludicrous statement would be along the lines of :

[Thank God there were willing people to act courageously,
because they provided the surgical traumas for our fine young surgeons
to train on
...]

...sheeze...

[edit on 25-3-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I was talking about the Iraqis electing folks who will legitimately kick us out.

You are trying to spin this into a Republican vs Democrat kind of thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join