It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Suicide Also Sends 13 to D.C. Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

A Suicide Also Sends 13 to D.C. Hospital

www.guardian.co.uk

WASHINGTON (AP) - Several people have been taken to a hospital in the nation's capital after a man was found dead in an apparent suicide with a vial of a hazardous substance next to him.

D.C. fire department spokesman Alan Etter says authorities went to the home Monday afternoon and found the man and the vial.

Fire officials say police left the home and summoned a hazardous-materials crew. Eleven fire workers, one police officer and one neighbor were taken to hospitals as a precaution.

Etter says the fire department will not identify the substance because police are investigating.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is a rather odd event and Ait is just breaking. Sounds a bit like the Las Vegas story a few week ago when the authorities found Ricin.

The victim was found dead with a vial of hazardous substance next to him and 13 people have to be taken to the hospital for treatment.

The article did not say Ricin was found, but it certainly sounds like that may be the case.

I have not found this article anywhere in the local Washington DC papers yet.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

yes it does sound just like that other story. I wonder if these people are trying to kill masses of people but so far it hasn't worked.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
reply to post by realmatrix

yes it does sound just like that other story. I wonder if these people are trying to kill masses of people but so far it hasn't worked.

This story does not give us much info yet, but the case in Las Vegas was very similar, although the guy recovered from the coma he went into....however officials never did update the public on the ricin found in that case....and now this! Strange

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
"Etter said because a police investigation is under way, the fire department will not identify the dangerous substance."

Well I guess there is a reason not to snoop for the identification of the substance... Now to understand why 13 were hospitalized... One person found him and said, "hey guys, check this out." or something?

new topics

top topics

join