It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About what % of people is aware of what's going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have a question for the OP, or anyone else who knows for that matter. I don't want to derail his thread so if anyone could just simply answer me I'd appreciate it. What's with the specific animosity towards MSM? Why are they particularly evil? I never watch it and honestly I don't know anyone who does? Why are they so threatening? Are they grossly more deceptive than say CNN, Fox News?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

CNN and Fox News are MSM.

Main stream, meaning what most people watch, as opposed to reading your local newspaper or listening to your local am radio talk show, or coming to ATS for information.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Forgot to answer your main question.

They aren`t trusted because they are run by corporations who have a lot of economic "pull".

The news is almost a complete monopoly and Rupert Murdoch beholds the throne.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok, gotcha. MSM= Mainstream Media. I thought it was a channel or something

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
the op should have made a poll for this question

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
reply to post by padishahpoobah

Umm...

9/11 was an inside job, there is an NWO agenda, the pharmaceuticals are a big fraud, there is a cure for cancer, AIDS was started in a lab, Bilderberg controls world events, and the Elite is mega-wealthy, manipulating mankind, and involved in the Occult.

What is there to discuss?

Please answer my question: What % of American ppl is aware of everything said above, what % are sheeple, and what % are in the middle?

I don't believe any of question #1 due to a severe lack of substantiated evidence, so I will say maybe 10% because there are always those who want so bad to believe in what is not there.

[edit on 03/21/08 by Stumpy1]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
well i know alot of cospiracys so i am like 10percent of the world because my mouth is so big i talk to much

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

What % of Americans knows as much as we know?

And what % is "sheeple"?

OK, category 1 is those FULLY aware of NWO, govt. deception/manipulation, secrets, and coverups. They listen to Alex Jones, do NOT watch MSM, disbelieve the govt. They understand we are NOT is a democracy. They know about 9/11, Illuminati, coverups, Skull and Bones, Bilderberg, etc. They know the War on Terror is a scam and listen to alternative news. They are awake to the Agenda.

Category 1 ARE the SHEEP.

The one that believe there IS a NWO. And believe what MSM says.

There is NO NWO. It is all in the minds of people that want to believe in it. The more I read on this site the more I have to laugh. The boogyman is out there he is going to control your life.

Yes I do believe there are conspiracies, cover-ups and secrets. That is part of life. But not every little thing that happens is a conspiracy.

9/11 was a tragedy and did involve lots of screw-ups, secrets and problems. The secrets was what each agency knew about but was unwilling to tell others because of the lose of “power” they would have. Each agency held a small part, but because of the internally power struggle did not let others know. But to believe that the whole thing was planned and done by the government is ludicrous. Lots of stuff has been throw around after the fact, but NONE has been proved.

Look at the night sky. Do you see the constellations? If you think you do, you’re wrong. They are not real, they where made-up by people long ago. We see them there because of the human need to see organization in things, but in reality the stars are just random stars. The NWO is just that. People like to see order in random acts. Does that mean there are not people trying to gain power? No people always want power. The issue is that the larger amount of people you try to gain power over the harder it is to hold this power.

To be completely honest, most the people “in power” could care less what you do on a daily bases. They don’t want to control what you do or how you live. The truly rich and powerful already live in a world that is so different then the rest of us that you would not believe it if you saw it. That has been true for thousands of years and will probably never change. Also believe me Bush, or any other President, does not fit into this group. To these people countries are just lines on the map.

That is why there is no NWO, because it is the same order that has always been there. And for the most part these two worlds don’t affect each other. We might brush up against each other once in a while and once in a great while a person may move between the two.

By the way the US has never been a Democracy, from the beginning it was setup as a Representative Republic.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
For those of you who think that the OP is some random guy with a big ego or if you think that the categories that the OP presented is a bunch of BS you are sadly mistaken.

To be "In The Know" you don't have to be an insider and you don't have to be in possession of physical proof, you just have to have done enough research to stand back and say that you know without a shadow of a doubt what the BIG picture is and whats REALLY going on.

I 100% guarantee every one of you who challenge this, if you are serious about finding the truth and you go and do your own personal research, overtime you will eventually come to see the BIG picture and you will know, without a shadow of a doubt what is really happening in the world that we live in. It could take months, years or even decades for you to figure it out depending on how seriously you take it and how stubborn you are.

It is hard to explain, but there is this consciousness that you just click into and just gives you this overwhelming feeling like you have awakened from some horrible nightmare and are now in safe place.

Or lets put it this way, its like you are a slave, breaking free of your chains for the first time.

Speaking truthfully it took me about 7 or 8 years of my own dedicated research before I really started seeing the BIG picture and breaking free of my chains.

Now a days they make it really easy for you, there are literally HUNDREDS of hours of documentaries and Whistle Blower interviews and testimonies to WAKE YOU UP.

And don't tell me that I am being conned by crazy nutty people that just want to take my money, because I am backing up these HUNDREDS of hours of this video onto DVD and I did not pay one penny.

If you are interested you can start by watching the Premium videos that ATS is offering for free up at the top of the screen and or the Premium video thread. After you have watched those then you need to visit places like this: projectcamelot.org... and after you are done with those videos then you need to go to a place like this: conspiracycentral.net:6969... and download anything that speaks to you. Just remember to seed. I am seeding as we speak.

Now go and educate yourself and WAKE UP!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Are you here to promote ignorance or deny it?

I could ask the same of you. Disagreement is not "promoting ignorance." Only someone arrogant and ignorant would make such a conceited statement. You are behaving in the same way you accuse the "sheeple" of behaving; you have found "the truth" and nod your head without giving it any thought; and if someone disagrees, well, they are just promoting ignorance!

Do some research. Read The Biggest Secret, Trance-Formation, CIA diary, Federal Mafia, and Pale Horse.

And how do you know I haven't read these? Simply because I do not believe every word and line? You are making assumptions based on no evidence; promoting ignorance, indeed. To say I do not find Ickes or Cooper to be credible is being generous; even within the conspiracy-community they are not held in much regard.

DO SOME RESEARCH YOU DISINFO AGENT!

And here we come to another symptom of the arrogance so pervasive here. If you don't agree, then you must be a disinformation agent. The only possible way someone could ever disagree with you is if they are some agent of the "conspiracy" here to lead people astray. And you actually think what you are saying is so important that the conspiracy would send out agents to debate you.

Please tell us what evidence you have that I am a "DISINFO AGENT," other than the fact I called you arrogant and do not agree with the premise of your argument.

If you are here to promote ignorance, call us kooks (what you are basically implying), and talk like the MSM, then please get off this thread.

And please stick to the topic at hand.

Now, now...I didn't call you a kook, or even imply it. I said you are arrogant. Big difference.

And I am on topic, I just do not agree with the premise. Besides, it's not for you to decide who can stay and who can discuss what, simply because you don't like my opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The problem isn't that X% don't know about the conspiracy things, it's that X% DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Big difference. I can fix ignorance (classical definition). I can't fix apathy.

Edited to add one more thing. A sheeple that I "woke up" told me something. He said something to the effect of "I don't WANT to believe this, because if it is true, that means all of the things I've believed in have been lies".

Judge his comment for yourself.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456
They aren`t trusted because they are run by corporations who have a lot of economic "pull".

And it plays into the false dichotomy* so many people buy into. They (MSM) can't be trusted, because they're biased...but Alex Jones (or any other alternative source) MUST be telling the truth, and can't possible ever be biased, agenda-driven, or would ever promote spin or propaganda. Those "in the know" (the smartest-of-the-smart who are better than everyone else, you know. Just look at the responses in this forum) just nod their heads along, never questioning these "alternative" sources, doing exactly what they accuse the "sheeple" of.

Truth is, these "alternative" sources are every bit as trustworthy as the MSM.

*I've been using that term way too much lately, I know.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

There are many problems with the premise of this thread, and SaviorComplex has diligently enumerated many of them.

More broadly, the idea that "what's going on" can be boiled down to a handful of bullet points that fit neatly into an "agenda" is a gross simplification of the staggering complexities of this world. It is fundamentally misleading.

And it follows that, beyond death and taxes, there are few absolute certainties. One man's prophet is another man's raving lunatic, and it is not necessarily ignorance that drives either one's judgment.

On the other hand, there are indeed, if not levels, then gradients of understanding--but there are as many of them as there are humans on this planet. How on earth can one hope to simplify and quantify the unquantifiable?

And finally, I--like everyone--holds degrees of belief or skepticism on all manner of subjects, and they are in constant flux. Some move toward confirmation, some regress. So we all deal with degrees of certainty as well. Trying to herd them into a single "truth" is pure folly.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Well I know everything there is to know about nothing and nothing about everything there is to know. Therefore I stand by my original post...except to say (of course). No one can say someone is in know or not based on their posts. We all know a little something and if we ever get in a room together- we could change the world!

I love it! Actually this is the first time I have ever used sheeple, and useless eaters is a common phrase used by those who have read anything on The New World Order. I actually use the term; "Lemmings" for I do find that most people choose to remain in ignorance!

Bravo on your post!!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OK, I'm putting SaviorComplex on my Foes list.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I fall somewhere between category 1 and category 2, in that I'm not sure how the Bilderberg group ties in with it all. And I've read many sources that the Illuminait used to exist but died out a few centuries but who knows? And if they do still exist, wouldn't they have the same intentions as the Bilderberg group (ie world domination, etc) and thus clash with them? But I agree with everything else in category 1.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Undercover1

Well, Bilderberg is simply an organized meeting of the Illuminati. Bilderberg is a 120-member annual meeting in which important political decisions are carried out.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, Bilderberg is simply an organized meeting of the Illuminati. Bilderberg is a 120-member annual meeting in which important political decisions are carried out.

What about the; "Committee of 300?" Are they separate? This is the committee that has the most power with the most notoriety and money. Some of the leading people in commerce, politics & fame are secretly part of this group. What do you know about them? Or are they connected to the same group?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Committee of 300 is the "outer circle" of the Illuminati.

Committee of 13 is the "inner circle".

Just bellow the Committee of 300 lies the 33rd degree of Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ah, thank you for clarifying that. A few years ago I was handed a black market book entitled, "The Conspiracy of the 300." I was allowed to read it for a couple of days then I had to return it. It has been many years so I do not remember all of it, but it was quite an eyeopener!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join