It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Women Want?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i cant speak for everyone,

but im with someone and we're broke.

we walk everywhere, we dont have a car.

and im happier than i ever was.

alot of women want to be content. but i realized that being content is jsut an excuse to stop trying, so i dont do that anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My cousin Dustin.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Women want men that are or provide:

confidence
security
laughter
affection
non-judgemental (a lot of women are insecure)
attractiveness
a little adventure
empathy

some other traits that some women like are:

1. external power (sort of like rock stars/politicians/movie stars/athletes where women enjoy the limelight of being near someone popular...it hides their fear of being "not good enough"...hey us guys do this too sometimes with our sport heroes/ and gods)

2. immaturity (the bad boy/jerk women want to change and mother)

3. hard bodies (the 6-pack abs/nightclub guy with the flashy smile and cocky talk that swoons them into bed)

4. men of mystery (secret agent man/the pothead/ the alternative guy who intrigues them because they can't figure him out)

5 sterotypes (women who love just black guys/ white guys because they remind them of their knight in shining armor...they fall for what the media tells them is cool and tries to find that person based on their skin color or appearance. Not really racist...just kind of sexual fantasies women have).

6. intelligence (I would rank this higher, but I don't think it deserves to be...women don't care about how smart you are if you don't have emotional intelligence (see affection and empathy), I don't remember anyone banging down Bill Gates door for a date until he had a couple billion in his pocket. Nerds don't get dates until they learn the prime traits that I put at top of my post.

I'm sure I've missed some, and some people may disagree, but I've dated plenty of women to know they are all a little different, but they all do "want" something. They are not like guy relationships where you just "hang out"...they expect treats or your butt is out on the street.

Best advice I've recently heard: "see every women as if she is unattractive (even if she's a model) so that you can be "real" with them and not blinded by your lust, and she will respond to you since you are talking to "her" and not one of your male fantasies"

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The media would have you think women only want men that have alot of money, and that this is the most important thing that influences their decision. Do you think that�s true? What do they want?

No it is not necessarily true. Men can feel inadequite at times if they think they are not "good bread winners". If you want to know what the woman in your life wants...ask her, she just might tell you

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Your views are a bit biassed, perhaps based on some personal experience that cause you to stereotype all women. I like the layout you made, but do not appreciate some of the ways you undermine women throughout the document.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They WANT RICK JAMESSSSS. Cause he is "mad 'n-word'ish"-Charlie Murphy.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
QuestForSafety, RELAX dude or girl or it whatever you are, with your avature i dont know if your a freak or not

(jk)

I would say they look for what we look for, goodlooking, brave, not crazy not lazy and money

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i would say...most women look for whatever they lack

and in some cases, all they lack is a penis

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Scat that is...Extremely crude.

I am not to relax when some of these views are So sexist, a person must learn the truth, such horrid untruths must not spread, lest a person be hurt somewhere.

I do not appreciate you thinking I am a 'freak' by my Avatar either, some of the Avatars people have are very strange here, but that does not mean they are strange. Of course if you do not like my Avatar I wonder why, that is a great picture of Michael, but some people just react with fear to non traditional things.

I see it was just a joke, but still I never found it very funny.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
Scat that is...Extremely crude.
[Edited on 22-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

WELCOME TO AMERICA, BUDDY OL PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus, im no sexist, im just honest.

an honest WOMAN at that!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought about doing something essay-ish on this thread, and then I thought about just going on one of my famous rants... but rather than all that I think I'll just keep it brief.

Women are all different of course but we do tend to want security and companionship, not necessarily to be provided for - we are perfectly capable of doing that ourselves.

What I think has distorted life for a lot of girls is the media-driven "me-first", "what's in it for me", material-girl, madona-esque, "omg! I gotta look like a model or my life is ruined", mindset....

There I've said it - if I go any further I will have lied when i said I wasn't going to rant....

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If any of the one night stands I've had have taught me anything, it's that women want a good liar. If you're good at blowing sunshine up their butt, you're gold. I'll listen to you talk, I'll pretend that I care then, I'll try to leave before you wake up.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why would I want a man with money?

It's better to have the money.

Seriously though, I'm not in need of a man with or without money.

I want to know if I will be alive & well in 2012 & if anything significant is going to happen around this time. Is there anything to this hype surrounding 2012 etc. Also if I will ever master psi abilities to a full potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join