It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 90% of you hate America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I wonder if this post had used the words love instead of hate, it would have gotten the same amount of response?
Sad, really.
I can remember when we were the ones the world looked to in times of trouble.
I can remember when we exported hope instead of jobs.
I can remember when we took care of others instead of advantage of them.
I can remember when our greatest national ambition was to leave this planet,
and not leave this country.
I may not agree with the actions of this country at the moment.
But a great nation we still are, and we shall be again.
No nation is perfect.
But believe me when i say this.
In the near future, the world will need America the great once again.
Do not hate her too much.
And do not count her down and out.
Thank you...thank very much.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graemej213

Originally posted by pepsi78
I hate Bush and his brigade.Hate any one that suports his ways, I hate their guts. This is ovius, I hate the American goverment and any one that elnists to support their cause.

So you hate the 4,000 men and women who lost their lives to support your right to type #### like this on the internet? You my friend are one sick individual to say something like that, honestly.

For my right to what? I live in another country with a democractic system.
So how do the 4,000 men and women that lost their lives have to do with anything?
You want to know for who theiy lost their lives?
For Bush and his pokets, for the war industry that Bush is part of, for oil.
Let me ask you something, US was at war with Vietnam, alot of people that were sent to Vietnam lost their lives, what did those people die for?
Today Vietnam and the US have trade agreements even if the war was not won by United States, so I ask you, what did those people die for?.Did it solve anything? Alot of people died for nothing, alot of people were amputated so weapons could be made , sold and used.

By the way, the Internet was not made as the outcome of a war.No body died so the internet can take birth.What makes the weal turn is brainless people.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I dont hate America.
Afterall,how can I hate something that no longer exisits?
America dosent look blindly apon the Bill Of Rights and the Constitution.
America dosent illegaly wire tap peoples phones without warrants.
America dosent torture,and then legalise it.
America dosent invade foriegn countries without just cause.
America dosent use government and media to sell fear to its people,in order to get what it wants.
America dosent do a half a$$ed invetigation on the 9/11 attack,while using tons more money investigating wether or not Bill Clinton got a BJ.
America dosent side step Habeas Corpus for detainees.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oddly, as an American (I'm willing to forgo the whole semantic issue of referring to the US as "America") I initially felt fairly comfortable with this thread. I thought, despite the nature of the question, the exchange of ideas was fairly healthy.

But now I am feeling much less so. I understand now that, regardless of what I think (or say for that matter) generalizations about America are circling the drain.

Americans are obese, sheep-like, insensitive, arrogant, compliant, uneducated, uncultured, simpletons. I think that generally summarized the 'flavor' of the characterization of what it is to be an American to the most forceful respondents here. Not a pretty picture.

As an American, I see that this is the predominant image being presented here. I find it quite discouraging considering that Americans are, in a very real sense, a composite of many cultures and nations. What does that say about the critics? Do they believe that upon becoming an American one's IQ drops 60 points - one's weight increases, your stop reading and simply chime in with everyone around you? It certainly reads that way.

Or perhaps that they know of a place where the citizens can all state in unison "Whatever my leaders and government say and do is a representation of my will!" Must be great.

If you think that the platitudes regarding '... of the people, by the people..." bears any weight in this argument better think again. Of all the 'gathering of the minds' I had encountered up until this moment I would have thought this would be the very last place where any intelligent person would blithely ignore the fact that virtually no government actually represents the will and character of a population. For example, I suppose if we were to look at North Korea, we should expect soul-less automatons populate the peninsula. South Koreans know this isn't so.

I get the very real impression that my problem with this thread is that what many are calling America, isn't America at all; it's what you have decided America is, be it through reasoned consideration, or populist propaganda.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeTracker

But I think America needs to humble its self a little. You don't have to be in everybodies business to be a great nation. A great nation doesn't have to continually remind its citizens and the world of it. Just because a nation is getting all the attention it doesn't make it great. Especially when that country sells it's agenda of war as an illusion of help. The only place the U.S. has really helped is the pockets of the wealthy, who I can't consider 'American' because they care of nothing but themselves.

It's a shame because real Americans are great people, but you all have put your eggs in the one basket called the white house. You then became proud and take credit for what your government is telling you its doing. Will you still claim credit when you find what your government told you was lies?

[edit on 25/3/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I hate Bush and his brigade.Hate any one that suports his ways, I hate their guts. This is ovius, I hate the American goverment and any one that elnists to support their cause.

So you hate the 4,000 men and women who lost their lives to support your right to type #### like this on the internet? You my friend are one sick individual to say something like that, honestly.

Just how many Iraq civilians have lost their lives because America whipped up a bee hive of Brinkism? The real estimates, the facts you won't hear on CNN, FOX or any other puppet patrol are absolutely staggering in purportion to American casualties.

...And even if they did say "Hey...we've killed 300,000 people following George Bush and his cronies", 50% of you Americans would respond like Cheneyfied clones, and reply -- "So!"

Peter Gabriel couldn't have imagined his record could be so negative...

Iraq's genocide for the sake of oil makes 911 seem like a joke.... and everyone knows we went after the wrong guy. Here again, America had it's salivating blood hounds at the ready, all while bending it's own military over a fence post with no Vasaline....

Could someone please have the testicles to tell it like it is...?? Yes... and look what happened to war corrospondent Peter Arnet... He was put to pasture because our Goverment's prostitutes... (The American mainstream media) did'nt like his style...

I say you are the sick one sir... but the only problem is... If you multiply 150,000,000 sick Americans like you, X un-reality... it = World War lll

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
An excerpt from the ATS Tour Bus:

And you can see in this thread on the left the puppets of international communist movement try to pin everything on the American Republic, decrying for more "openness" or "democracy (code: Marxism)". Don't mind them folks they mimic only what the dominate media men say and do. Next we take a tour of the Lear boards, where acid meets schizophrenia....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The American government is trying to police the world. They have made many useless wars where many have died.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't hate my country. I hate my government and our fascist leaders
who dip in to my social security and listen to my phone calls. Just like right now
their is some one reading this in the FBI office because a computer picked up that I typed hate and government in the same sentence.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by ThEsEnTiNeL]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such. But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world. My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread I would really like to hear an intelligent response to my question...WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

Nice of you to put in the disclaimer after you bash the readers participating in all that so called "un-American" activity. You say you have been reading these boards for two years? I would think you had a pretty good Idea what the "Anti- American" extremists here are ticked off about.

Regardless of your McCarthyesque ad-hominem reminiscent of the old 60's axiom, "America, Love it or leave it". Perhaps YOU should leave it.

If you can't agree to Americans constitutional right to complain about their Country either trying to get others wake up or angry at the most pathetic excuse for a U.S. President and commander in cheif who has gone toward rogue while the Democratic Party got swept in and their tail got swept between their legs.

My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

We don't need you speaking on behalf of everyone else, who are you? Americas social conscience?

Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad.

So you come here and start "shoulding" on people?

Guy,, and please,, until you have some proof you are the public relations person for the RedNecks of America or the "Insulted 911 Victims Families against Truthers on ATS Committee",, spare us all the red white and blue monosyllabic diatribe.

because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

Who is "we" and what makes you think Americans are such emotional tampons they can't handle hearing other Americans vent their anger and disgust at what have been justified reasons.

Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

umm before you go telling people how "unintelligent," they are ,,

You might want to

spell it right.

- Con

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

So,it's sick to realise that our armed forces are really only there to protect the interests of the military/industrial complex? it has been that way for decades.But of course the mindless flagwavers will be the first ones to be carted away to the FEMA camps when the police sate is started.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
reply to post by Graemej213

Everyone should notice that the opening post is the only post this person has ever made.

You know Graemej213, it is really rude not to respond to some of the posts that some members have spent time on after starting a discussion. What's the matter? Just came by to stir the pot and watch it boil?

Graemej213 Member Profile

My guess is that this is either an alter handle created by one of our habitual Gov-lovers, or it is somebody 'working for the system' and trolling.

I can't begin to recall how many times I've been called an 'america-hater' because of the nature of my threads. I don't hate the country itself, nor most of its inhabitants. I do, however, LOATHE it's completely filthy, rotten gov and everything they do. And I also can't stand the chosen apathy of many americans towards this vile bunch of criminals, and what they are doing to us all as a nation. They are gutting our country and making us despised the world over.

If going after these scum-bags makes me a 'hater', then so be it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I highly dought that the American government planed 9/11. But it is very possible that they knew it was going to happen but did nothing to to stop it.
so they could enact the patriot act. now the OKC bombing on the other hand
DO you really believe that one car filled with home made explosives could blow up a building that evenly. If you saw the footage, o and they also enacted the anti terror act shortly after that. One more reason to hate the government.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeL
I highly dought that the American government planed 9/11. But it is very possible that they knew it was going to happen but did nothing to to stop it.
so they could enact the patriot act. now the OKC bombing on the other hand
DO you really believe that one car filled with home made explosives could blow up a building that evenly. If you saw the footage, o and they also enacted the anti terror act shortly after that. One more reason to hate the government.

I thought it was a van? Yes I do think it could have blown it up that even

- Con

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

ok sir so what do you know about explosives?its allot different seeing it up close than the helicopter view the media gives you.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Someone may have asked this already, but I'm way too lazy to read 154 replies of people defending their love for the USA or condeming it.
I have one question:
Why is this in Above Top Secret? Is there controversy here or just a argument?
Is this what we're about? Just arguing stupid philosophies and waxing intellectual over them?
Sorry bit I don't see the relevance at al.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All I can say is go on Xbox live for an afternoon. As soon as anyone with an accent or a black person gets on there is immediate bashing. I don't like to pass judgement but it is usually americans, mostly younger ones. I think the average american just comes off as pushy and arrogant. I personally love going to amercia and Have met loads of great people from there. But as long as that Gov is in power and there media keeps pushing there crap then they are going to get a bad rap from the rest of the world.

No one likes being told what to do, and that seems to be there way.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

Nice quelling of freedom of speech.

Let me ask you something: Why do you hate the Founding Fathers? Did you know they hated their government and revolted? Do you know that's the only reason "this country" exists?

So you applaud them as heroes so you can speak your mind freely, but you tell us to get out of the country for speaking our minds freely?

Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad.

I feel bad that my government was responsible for killing them. You should feel bad that, not only do you not point the blame at the real killers, but you support their wars of greed and profit that completely degrade those who were killed and only mock and insult their tragic deaths.

You should be ashamed that you do not question authority and that you actively and openly bash and attempt to shut up anyone who does.

It's people like you and the government you support that is ruining this country. You think that being a patriot means supporting your government when in fact it is the defense, the support, and the standing by your country's core values and what our Constitution and what our flag stand for.

It's not standing by what George Bush said in a damn speech. It's not standing by what ever law they force on to us. It's not standing by allowing them to do as they please with our men and women in uniform like they're damn pawns.

I'm not sure what's more "unintelliegent", blindly supporting your government while they oppress you or not knowing the definition of patriot while claiming to be one yourself.

Stand by the Constitution or stand by this government, because I promise you, they're going in opposite directions. That's your choice to make.

As your hero would say, you're either with us, or you're with the terrorists.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeL
I don't hate my country. I hate my government and our fascist leaders
[edit on 25-3-2008 by ThEsEnTiNeL]

And who do you think elects the government?

Maybe you americans should all vote for once instead of letting the minority of extremist voters get their choice, and stop complaining about Hilary Clinton, Obama, George Bush....and do something about it sheesh

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alinost
(code: Marxism)"...

Marxism LOL?

I'll give you a poem of sorts, from crass...Sums it up...

Marx had an idea from the confusion of his head
Then there were a thousand more waiting to be led
The books are sold, the quotes are bought
You learn them well and then you're caught
Anothers left, anothers right
Anothers peace, anothers fight...
Who do you see? Who do you watch?
Who's your leader? Which is your flock?
Who do you watch? Who do you watch?
Who's your leader? Which is your flock?

You see not all of us follow leaders, and especially Marx...lol
You see we've learned the game, right-left, ALL the same. Marxism is just another 'system' that would be used against us for the benefit of the elite.
Systems kill...

Your generalisations are weak, unfounded and uneducated....Have a nice day...

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join