It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 90% of you hate America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

It was the British that stood alone against Nazi Germany when no one else would, and wasn't it the Americans that supplied Nazi Germany and the IRA in later years?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SickSoul

ahha love the avatar, ....havent seen the OP in a while

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Does anyone here actually believe the OP of this thread wanted a logical debate? I'm afraid this is no doubt some teenager sitting at a computer laughing his backside off, thinking he's so smart being able to get so many responses with a single post.

Guys come on, this happens all teh time, one person looking to feel some form of power by giving the bees nest a good whack and watching them all fly around in anger.

The OP doesn't care what you think, just that they got the reaction they were after.

i really wish the op was just a silly teenager but i highly doubt it. its probably just another person who discovered his "patriotism" after sept 11th, and now blindly follows the president because as we all know, questioning what your governments motives are makes you a "terrorist loving, defeatist, french commie pinko etc etc" i really have to wonder, where were all these "patriots" before sept 11th and the bush administration? and where were all these "america haters" as well? and doesnt anyone realize that even the thought of calling their fellow americans traitors because they dont believe everything the gov says, dont they realize that does more harm to this country than any terrorist could do? the ops thread is a perfect example of the real disaster that happened after sept 11th, the division in this country. i honestly wonder how in the world any 1 person could ever be president of this country again, without alienating half the population. if this gets any worse, we could see the beginnings of another civil war. i know it sounds far fetched, but this is exactly how such things start.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Am i right in saying the Americans smuggled high ranking nazi scientists out of defeated Germany at the end of WWII?

The V2 rocket's were very useful in the development of the space program I believe.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

One of the reasons people in other countries hate Americans is because they have been taught that Americans are stupid. Hollywood presents an uncomplicated veiw of Americans as himbos and bimbos. Our test scores prove, our schools do not educate most of our people beyond the most basic level of literacy. These things give people a negative image of our people.

The main reason ,however, that people in other countries hate Americans is because the only Americans they meet are those who can afford to travel more often than not those are the richest Americans. Americans who become wealthy are cunning sometimes to the point of being criminal. Even Americans ,do not enjoy the company of our homegrown wealthy snobs. Lord help the person living in another country who has bought into hollywoods mirage of the rich , foolish American they are bound to be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
First of all, U.S.A. is located at America but it ISN'T America.

And second of all, as a member posted here earlier, we don't hate your nation, we just don't like your government.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Not to mention folks in other countries see what the US does around the world (and indeed has done since WWII) and quite rightly has a problem with it.

And attitudes like the OP's doesn't really help make the US look good in the eyes of many folks from other countries, who can easily differentiate between blind patriotism and trying to help, which the OP seems to have a problem with.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This thread has been in my mind all day. Some really stellar posts which made the OP tolerable. I am answering his post because I've an issue with America and need to get it off my chest.

I intensley hated America.

It all started on the morning of Spetemerb 11 , 2001. I was off that day, sleeping in when my mom woke up me up out my sleep to tell me that America was under attack. We watched that day; Angry and shocked, like most Americans. Like most humans.

It wasn't till later that day when some of the details began to come out that I understood that the events of that day would directly effect my life. I knew my days as an American were numbered.

Back in the late 70s my parents came to America, the greatest country on earth, to begin a new life. Even though their tourist visa only entitled a 6 month stay, they over extended it, by about three decades. So I grew up in America, went to school, went to college, had a credit report, had health insurence, a social security card, spoke perfect English - I was American in every way except the kind that said I was on a piece of paper.
No one EVER questioned me. I had a SS card, my licence, I looked and spoke American. There was never a doubt in any one's mind that I was a true blooded all American. I paid my taxes like a good citizen, stayed out of trouble, voted, was socially responsible and I loved my country. I was so proud and happy to live in what I still believed to be the greatest country in the world.

So I decided to take the leap and get legal. Proudly I marched down to the local INS office, surely it wouldn't be difficult for me I reasoned. I was wrong. I declared myself an illegal alien in order to do the right thing and promptly got charged with a crime, fired from my job and threatened with deportation. I was ordered to give information on other members of my family living in the country illegally, or face additional charges. Then they discovered I had committed further crimes by voting! ( You have to understand that I had always felt American, in my mind I was American...)

Anyway, in the end I voluntarily left the country. I couldn't afford a high powered lawyer to fight INS and frankly I was pissed that I would even have to.

So I left. Scariest thing I ever had to do. Didn't know the language in my country, looked, acted, spoke American so I had a hell of a time fitting in to boot.

I loved America. I loved what she stood for. I was patriotic even before 9/11. I believed that America was the greatest country on earth and was proud to call myself American.

But America didn't want me.

And now, with some years gone past, I've mellowed my view.

I love the idea of America - what she stood for. I love the constitiution and what it ensures for the common citizen. I love the American people, their warmth and generosity.

I hate what America has become - a poor stewerd of the earth. I hate the government which is slowly but surely eroding the meaning of liberty. I hate the people in America who wallow int heir ignorance like it was a badge of pride.

Not sure why I've made this post, but somehow it has been cathargic for me.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Man, I really dislike election year

If you cannot place nice, then I think it is time we revok your independence from Great Britain. Once you learn to settle problems over a nice cup of tea and a gentlemen's game of cricket, you can be independent again

Deal or no deal?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't hate America
I am not an American

Hate is a very powerful word
but here are somethings that would fall under that category;

War
War for profit
Weapons / nuclear
Killing innocent life
Not releasing all information related to 9/11
Manipulating / controlling the people

Those are the first that come to mind, I am sure I could think of others.
Now the question is, prove the US has not been part or caused any of the above.

When govt spends more money on war and weapons rather than spending it on health care and the people, then IMO people should hate as much as they can to force change. It is not the country that people hate, it is those who control it in the background.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graemej213
Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such. But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world. My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down. Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad. Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread I would really like to hear an intelligent response to my question...WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

I use to think like this right after 9-11....I wanted our country to kick arse and take names....I was brainwashed....I worked at ground zero for 6 months starting the day after it happened and saw first hand the horror.I watched fox news like it was going out of style and actually believed all of their BS stories.Then one day I asked myself what if there is something to this story of 9-11 being an inside job.Well after looking into it much deeper and questioning many other practices our beloved government has done...I woke up from my sleep.I feel we are actually honor the people that died at 9-11 by questioning our government about their true roll.It is our right and duty as American citizens to question our government......it is in our Constitution.Learn it,Love it, and read it.I would say the people that are ruining the country are the corporate elite and the citizens that don't question our government and want to keep the same old satus quo.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Everyone should notice that the opening post is the only post this person has ever made.

You know Graemej213, it is really rude not to respond to some of the posts that some members have spent time on after starting a discussion. What's the matter? Just came by to stir the pot and watch it boil?

Graemej213 Member Profile

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmmm...looks like like trolling to me.....Probably a government agent trying to keep the anger and dissent going with threads like this so people wont wake up from their brainwashing...hehe

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i second your Idea,though seen as the Federal reserve is just a wing of the Bank of England and the bankers are the puppeteers of the USA it is practically true in all but name.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by BBTBE]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I cant respond with the answer to the question you posed simply because i don't hate America at all and i agree with a lot that is said on this board.i feel that because you seem to believe that questioning of the government equals hate of the governed country i must ask you in turn what made you come to believe that?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Man, I really dislike election year

If you cannot place nice, then I think it is time we revok your independence from Great Britain. Once you learn to settle problems over a nice cup of tea and a gentlemen's game of cricket, you can be independent again

Deal or no deal?

You mean the way you guy's settled your disagreement with the Irish and Scottish. No thanks....I don't think I like that type of tea and that funny way you guy's dealt with Argentina.......that was a classic game of cricket there.....lol look in the mirror more.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Eh? Scotland and England were merged by having the same king. And what do you mean about Ireland? Can you be more specific?

And Argentina? They invaded sovereign UK territory, and got repulsed.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The hate comes from the lies that America was formed under strict constitutional guidelines. As we skip 232 some odd years later, now the average Joe has finally come out of his beer guzzling fog... He's reasonably educated from a computer, and armed with a newfound abiltity to think out of his "Patriotic box."

Now he can clearly see the con this country has whipped up upon us. Whether it be false freedoms, Bibleslapping fake ministries, selective genocidal arrogance, cheating NASCAR drivers, lies about his car being American made, lies about Wars or just plain racisim.

So here we are folks... 2008. Joe is finally starting to cue in on the wrongs about this place we call the "Land of the free... and Home of the slave." America's citizens have finally grown "the balls" to challenge it's own hipocritical mantra. Where each passing generation puts another piece together in the puzzle of America's lies & deception.

Today, you have 4 star generals, musicains, actors. govenors, priests, and unfortunatley Vets coming out against the atrocities this country has pulled around the world all in a fake name of Democracy. You can only pull the wool over intellegent peoples eyes for so long, especially when our CEO's have outsourced their life & careers to foriegn nations.

If you think the hate is bad now my clever posting friends...?? just wait till China and India are Superpowers. Talk about a turd hitting the pecking order fan! Americans will go ballistic... with anger - fear and disbelief. ....And this country's elected mascot of all morons - Bush.. will be the one hiding in caves this time... from his own people... hunker'd down in the steamy caverns of Yellowstone National Forrest.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
[edit on 25-3-2008 by Level X]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
to the op..

the people here who question and doubt (warranted or not) are the people we need on here to help shed light on a broken system...there are a ton of intelligent americans and non-americans who give different perspective and alternative opinion that keeps some of us open minded and informed to something else other than faux news.

the person who wrote those words is a fool..in the most literal sense of the word, and i hope it discourages no one to. and this nationalistic attitude gets very, very old.

to anyone who actually paid attention to what this guy said..please don't take his moronic words as speaking for the majority of ats americans.

I have not come across anyone who hates america. Some certainly have some negative opinions about some policies (and rightfully so, I might add), but that can be said for other countries as well and their citizens.

[edit on 9/16/07 by abelievingskeptic]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join