It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 90% of you hate America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world.

So what if Bush might be a reptile, I guess he would be a chamelon! Maybe Bush has taken over the US and wishes he could take over the world, I don't know, maybe he doesn't even know what he wants.

is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

You must be from the government, or hatched out of one those concentration camp schools with the barb wire fences and metal detectors. Sure that would be progress in the land of the used to be free, right. People could list day and night the violence, fundamentalism and mullah like behavior of the federal government and still have more to say, well, til the end of time. So what! America does not exist in some isolated perfect state outside of reality, people sometimes talk to kids, I doubt they really listen much anyways. Maybe 911 was an inside job, beats me, looks pretty weird by the manner it was investigated by those in charge of the protection on that day, there appears to have been quite a few major mistakes that no one seems to care about, let alone the fact that the people in charge made some strange decisions on that day. Maybe there were people on the inside helping the terrorists, if they were they were pretty damn intelligent, since they still have not been caught, of course if they were involved with the Excutive branch they might have something to fear when that particular branch leaves office and somebody accidentally discovers something about the previous administration.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My personal reason is they invaded my life, and i do not even live in the country, and have never wanted to go there.

They think they are the world police now, and the rubbish that they show from hollywood, is not anything like the real america. WHy people outside america cannot see that is amazing.

I always said, the people who sold out there own country in iraq, did not know what they were doing, as england and usa can do far worse to them, and they will. There social engineers will change iraq eventually, and whether iraqis think thats for the best thats upto them.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I dont hate America. America is a country, a thing, a piece of land. I have no hard feelings towards the land that is America.

I dont hate Americans. Americans are people, my friends, my brothers and sisters, and above all, humans. I have no hard feelings towards them.

I dont hate the Idea of America. I think it is a wonderful idea, a country and government for the people, of the people, by the people. A republic, a democracy, designed to eliminate corruption.

I do, however, hate US leaders and US foreign policy. For it is the leaders of the US that have brought destruction and chaos to much of the world, all in the name of Capital accumulation. It is US foreign policy that has struck down revolutionary governments that had the temarity to want to organize their country in a different way, a way that would benefit the needs of the people rather than an investing class of superrich that live on another continent.

Many times on this board is anger directed at "America" or "The American People" But usually it is neither at fault, but rather the policy enacted in the name of America or the American people. Policies that rarely benefit the Average American citizen.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graemej213
Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such.

But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world.

My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad.

Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread I would really like to hear an intelligent response to my question...WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

I am a Dutchman, and I wander what the real intent is with this thread of yours, because after you reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, you suddenly feel the urge as if you where striked by lightning you make one and come with this.
Obviously is the 90% in my opinion nothing more then a big fat wet thumb conclusion, but very well chosen because it is a 100% guarantee of getting many heated reactions.
But that is exactly the intention.

You name your question a good one, but I call it a sneaky one, in seems like fishing for information.
But that is just my opinion, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

You name your question a good one, but I call it a sneaky one, in seems like fishing for information.
But that is just my opinion, nothing more.

I too, Like you, question the motivation behind such an inflammatory topic heading.

As you can tell, OP, from the majority response, we here on ATS "come in peace", a brotherhood if you will. For, even in the heated debates we have with each other, I think I can speak for the majority when I say that when push comes to shove we would ALL back each other in a crisis.

That being said, it seems the majority response is one of not hating AMERICA, but America's Foreign and Domestic policies. Patriotism isn't doing what you're told, Patriotism IMHO, is exercising your God given right NOT to, and when anyone at all, be it government or individual, encroachs on your ability to do just that, then the true patriot must rise up even if he/she must fight the battle alone, he/she knows that they did it For the people, By the people, and Of the people.

No one here hates America, but i DO think everyone here DOES want to see a change, and, if not, I AM that one true patriot that does.

AB1

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
correct me if im wrong, but didnt the people who questioned the government in nazi germany get the label of "traitors" and "germany haters" or something like that?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

You make the mistake off assuming that criticism equals hate. I love my country, I served in its armed services but that does not mean I am blind. It is because I love my country and want it to live up to its ideals that I can and do criticize both its foreign policies and its politicans when I feel that they are in the wrong. I believe that is more of my duty as a citizen as opposed to blind obedience and/or support.

Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying... "It is a sin to be silent when it is your duty to protest."

I do not vote my party, I have none, I vote my ideals.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down.

Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad. Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Graemej, I would encourage you to seek out the truth and the facts. If you truly believe that 90% of the folks here hate America, why have you not bothered to do your own research yet? There are all sorts of news sites on the internet, some even reliable, where you can find out what is REALLY going on.
I'll start by saying this: do you really think it's OK to go into another country (especially when we KNEW it had no terrorist links) and rob, rape, murder and pillage? Read about the Winter Soldiers testimony, it may open your eyes.
I love America, but I don't like the govt. I don't think they're doing anything to help America, I think the decisions they make are destroying America and are unConstitutional.
Another point is that even the families of the 9/11 victims think it was an inside job. They've spent 6 1/2 years trying to get an honest investigation going, to no avail. Instead we have a white-washed report full of lies.

Quit listening to the Bush administration's rhetoric of calling anyone who disagrees with them a traitor and an America-hater. This country was founded on revolution by free thinkers and rabble rousers. What is wrong with seeing what isn't working for your country and trying to fix it???

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such. But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world. My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down. Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad. Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread I would really like to hear an intelligent response to my question...WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

I think the real question is Why do YOU hate America? It's quite clear by your vehement anger and stark anti-intellectualism that you despise America and you are projecting your hatred onto other people to assuage your own guilt. Stop hating America OP.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Britney Spears, Mcdonalds, Disney, the way aluminium is pronounced 'alloominum' and the way Americans simplify words such as axe to erm... ax and colour to color and the fact that you call crisps - 'chips' and chips you call 'fries'...

But apart from that and the murderers in the white house and your neo-nazi approach to world domination and guantanamo bay...

You're allright.

x

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Britney Spears, Mcdonalds, Disney, the way aluminium is pronounced 'alloominum' ...

I never understood why britains add an extra I in aluminum to get alumin(i)um. Both are considered acceptiable, but where does that extra I come from?

Thats probably why our pronounciations of the word are different.

[edit on 25/0308/08 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I love America, and i think GW Bush is the coolest president ever.

Now let the mud slinging begin

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such. But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world. My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down. Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad. Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

They don't hate america. You have to understand that in America, at least 90% of the people I meet are haters of some kind. There is a culture of criticism in America, and that often appears as "hate". Also, when you post a message like the one you did, you are basically saying that you also HATE people who you say are hating America.

Our Government is in the hands of big business, and that's a point that makes people very criticial.

Also, keep in mind, it is NOT an American trait to blindly follow and adore ones Government. I for one Love my Country, but DETEST the government and the systems at play.

Is the GOV all to blame? No the vast amount of people in America are stupid. Yep, that's right, we are all a bunch of stupid people for a very good reason. American culture does not tend to revere the intellectual, the artist, the designer. We tend to revere the brute, the crass, and anything that makes us feel better about our own status.

A lot of that is fueled by religion. It's a fact, religion in America makes one stupid. There is a song out by Tim McGraw called "Drugs or Jesus" Thing is, both of them will stunt your intellectual abilities, so it doesn't really matter which way you go.

So why do people appear to HATE America? Perhaps it is because there are so many different types of people in America and there is such a push toward homogonization that no one has the ability to feel secure in thier self. Which leads to self destructuve behavior, which leads one to criticize their government.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Britney Spears, Mcdonalds, Disney, the way aluminium is pronounced 'alloominum' ...

I never understood why britains add an extra I in aluminum to get alumin(i)um. Both are considered acceptiable, but where does that extra I come from?

Thats probably why our pronounciations of the word are different.

LOL!!!! Have you even stopped to think that we actually REMOVED the I?

This is a perfect example of Bias.

Think about it... UranIUM, PlutonIUM AluminIUM

Someone here in the states just didn't like the way it looked.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The George W. Bush Doctrine of Pre-emptive War is worthy of all the hate one can muster. Under Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush Presidencies, the USA has become the most arrogant and dangerous institution in the world -- especially as the USA remains the only nation to have ever used atomic weapons of mass destruction.

The Constitution of the USA and the people of the USA speak of much better things and are not worthy of hate but rather admiration where it is due.

But the government of the USA in its Executive and Legislative aspects is a danger to all life on Earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Both are considered acceptiable, but where does that extra I come from?

It comes from the correct spelling of it in the Oxford English Dictionary, thats why its there

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
...It's actually 98% that hate America, the latest poll is just out :-)

hehehe

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
It comes from the correct spelling of it in the Oxford English Dictionary, thats why its there

Both are in fact the correct spelling....just a play on cultures. Americans removed the I ofcourse, which is why we pronounce it Aloominum. One side note though are any other elements modified for the english language?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does anyone here actually believe the OP of this thread wanted a logical debate? I'm afraid this is no doubt some teenager sitting at a computer laughing his backside off, thinking he's so smart being able to get so many responses with a single post.

Guys come on, this happens all teh time, one person looking to feel some form of power by giving the bees nest a good whack and watching them all fly around in anger.

The OP doesn't care what you think, just that they got the reaction they were after.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

No, we don't actually

However, that doesn't mean that the perception out there may be viewed as such, a logical debate or perhaps, more specfically clarity, on what the title assumes, may actually be in order...irrespective of the OP's intent.

AB1

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join