It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 90% of you hate America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Why do you speak in absolutes as if there is just a large group of people who hate America? I love America, being American and all. LOL BUT, it is our job as citizens to make sure the govt does as it is supposed to. Lets be honest, it doesn't exactly represent many of us these days.

I don't follow along with the mentality that if you are not patriotic that you are somehow anti American as seems to be what your insinuating, although I could be wrong. I don't know if 9/11 was an inside job and would hate to think that were the case, it would be disgusting actually. But the point is that questioning everything and not just following along like the loyal puppy to what we are told to believe is not the answer either. People should think for themselves and usually when something feels wrong, chances are there is something wrong. I question everything, I don't believe the govt is doing what is best for the people, but how does that mean I should leave my own country? Why so that the govt and the koolade drinkers can live in harmony? I think there is a lot wrong with this country and do what I can to change my part. What I like the best is being able to state my opinion, to have a voice and have the freedom to do it. It is the people who make up the country, not the govt. So when the people find things that are not right, then it is up to the people to speak out, correct?

I don't see that as being hate, I see it as pointing out things that are in need of change. If you see an injustice then do you not stand up and say "hey, no thats wrong"?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Let's be honest. The NWO wants its citizens to believe anyone who is not 100% in line with the govt, is now anti-government, or in this case anti-american.

Only one step away from being a domestic terrorist. Better watch out, you may get put into a fema detention camp once martial law hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I hate this government, but i also think WE THE PEOPLE should take more responsability and make our voices heard more. Much more before its way too late. Some of the fault does lie with us that we indeed have allowed this mess to go on this long.
I mean, i love this country with all my heart and this is why i say this.
Some action needs to be taken by the people NOW. Not later. Not next week but now!
We are sitting on our assess hoping it will all go away, munching on hot wings and watching everything deteriorating around us and we do nothing.

90% of us LOVE AMERICA which is why we need the truth! We want our country back as it was and we are pissed that its gone to the dogs but we cant figure out how to take action. Its extremely upsetting. I scratch my head and wonder where it will all end.
I hope people from other lands love their country with the passion most Americans have for the USA.

I hope this sheds a little light on us, America haters.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by steve22

Wake up! You are the government.

If you hate a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, you cannot love your country.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The government hasn't been by, for, or of the people for some time now. At least not the "average" American. The corrupt Americans run this country, not the "people."

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by steve22

Wake up! You are the government.

If you hate a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, you cannot love your country.

Kind of like how Bush got his second term via a court when he lost the popular vote?

Thats a great idea, and is how it's supposed to be, but hasn't been true in generations I think.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I hope the OP has digested the thoughtful responses to his/her question and will consider that it might be you who, if not "hates" America, is at best ambivalent about it. Why? If you would rather pretend that everything is cool and we are always the good guys and it's disloyal to criticise the gummint, well then YOU are doing our society a great disservice. Being defensive about the reputation of this country is, oh how shall I say it...kind of retarded. Bush I and II and their cabal has done much of the damage, not you personally. I assume. If you follow them and support their policies, I would call you culpable, but you didn't start the fire. If it bothers you only when foreigners/Americans criticize, ask yourself why. Good grief. When someone from abroad gets in my face about this country, I don't become defensive, I don't represent the gummint, which is where their hostility is directed, actually. If they don't get it, then THEY lack understanding. You are the other side of that coin.

Sorry if I'm coming across as harsh, but the whole POV reeks of dysfunction and lack of clarity.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Pilot]

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Pilot]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Don't be confused OP, you are not your government and your government is not you.

You are America, not george bush or any of the other people who leech Americans for all they can.

Nobody hates you, don't take criticism of an institution personally. The people who do that are the ones that allow hitlers to gain power.

It's your country, stop apologising for those that rape it. It's patriotic to question, it's nationalistic to blindly support. Nationalism is fascism.

Edited to add...
We are all in this together, we just need to realise who the true enemy is and stop fighting among ourselves. They want us fighting among ourselves because united we would scare them out of the country, we wouldn't need guns either. They crap themselves any time people come together and organise politically or culturally against the status quo.
Understand some recent history to see this in action, note times of social unrest and see the tactics of the establishment to demonise the movement in the press, and even use scapegoats to tarnish groups of people with anti-social acts. Manson and the hippies, Ritchie and the punk movement (which was initially and continually a very political and culturally creative movement. Regardless of how the press tried to portray it as stupid and destructive).

Understand how our society is manipulated into thinking how the establishment wants it to. The majority is rarely correct, as it is the apathetic majority that is easily manipulated and exploited. Those of the 'fringe elements' are usually the ones who really see what is going on but are portrayed as nut-jobs in the media, and the silent dumb majority parrot what they're told without even a subjective thought about it.

Society is highly manipulated and has been for a very long time. Where have all the great characters gone? Everyone thinks the same. Where have all the great artists gone? The establishment dislikes the masses to be creative, we serve them better when were dumb. Now everyone is an artist and everyone is a hero, but there's no one left to look up to. They have been pretty successful in their work, but they have us working for them, against our own best interest.
TV is an incredible tool of control, the powers that be must have wet themselves with anticipation when that was unveiled. Look how much society has changed since the TV filled every ones homes. Understand your history and where you have come from, this is not the same place it was...

[edit on 25/3/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I like how you twisted this. What kept you.

You know like someone else said, its no longer for the people and by the people so let me twist it back to you. Twisted sister.

Grady, are you suggesting we rise up and do something???? So we can love our government once more?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I do not personally hate America, but I do have a great deal of contempt for the criminals who have hijacked our government and in turn taken us all hostage.

I resent the thousands of American men and women being sent overseas to fight an illegal war that was waged under the guise of fighting terrorism, but in reality has been crafted to make evil business men and crooked politicians disgustingly wealthy. Our fighting men and women are being used as pawns in a global pyramid scheme and it is appalling.

I am angered by the fact that our soldiers who fight proudly and perform their duty when asked are coming home to unemployment, foreclosures, divorce as well as mental and psychological damage that will never be repaired. The fact that our soldiers are asked to do a job and then in turn are stored away in death houses called VA hospitals when wounded and are forgotten about and left to die, while receiving little to no compensation for their losses.

I detest the fact that my tax dollars and our national reserves are being squandered by the $millions$ every day on a pointless "war", while in the mean time our economy is sinking faster that the S.S. Titanic. Not to mention that we will all be eating out of dumpsters for the next fifty years because of our multi trillion dollar debt that is compounding interest daily.

I hate the fact that our rights are slowly being stripped away from us through illegal fly by night legislation that is being thrust upon us under the guise of protecting us from invisible middle eastern boogie men who want to come and kill us in our sleep (they hate us for our freedom...rememeber that one?) Ever read the entire Patriot Act? I don't suggest reading it before bed time. You may have trouble sleeping afterwards.

I am absolutely furious at the fact that almost all sensible evidence points toward the fact that yes, in fact, 9/11 was directly or inadvertantly committed by the very same government officials and agencies who are pretending to protect us (just my opinion, which I have a right to). I would love to point out a few main topics of interest regarding 9/11 and why I believe this, but I don't have that kind of time right here and now to do so.

And last but not least, I am pissed off because people swallow this "your'e unpatriotic if you question your government" crap hook line and sinker. Im sure there were many good citizens of say 1946 nazi Germany who were just shocked and disgusted when they learned what policies they had REALLY been supporting. Ignorance is bliss, but it is still ignorance. Im not insinuating that the US is doing anything even remotely on the same level as the nazi party did, but I am also certain that if you, Mr. American citizen, were to know the whole story, it may be worse than you ever had envisioned.

I do not hate America, quite the opposite. I love my country, but even a good son can see when his father does wrong. This version of America is not what our forefathers ever intended or envisioned. We are in a perilous time, and things, I truly believe, will be corrected sooner or later. An ideal and a dream as powerful and as wonderous as the American dream can not be silenced. Just like truth, once unveiled, can never be denied. We have seen freedom, and as free individuals we can never go back to the way things were before 1776. And in the end tyrants can not and will not triumph over good and honorable men.

I hope I live long enough in my life time to see the looks on their smug faces when the American citizens get sick of their lies and decide to take the power back.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here's one for you Grady...

Unlike today's Americans, the founders of our nation were suspicious, if not contemptuous, of government. Consider just a few of their words...

Thomas Paine observed, "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. . . . It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
John Adams reminded, "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."

Thomas Jefferson gave us several warnings that we've ignored: First, "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." Second, "The greatest [calamity] which could befall [us would be] submission to a government of unlimited powers." And third, "Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force."

Read more (and weep lol)

Nothing has changed except 'the people', who have been duped into thinking their government is a just institution that should be honoured and not questioned. Congrats Grady! You are the perfect example...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I wolud not be an American if I did not question what our government is doing,I don't think the founding fathers intented for our Constitution to be considered as a peice of f'n paper,like Prince W seems to think 9/11 was allowed to happen so that the Neo-fascists could make the final play for the remaining oil reserves in the middle-east.

PS: To the OP you picked the wrong forum to play the "why do you hate America?" game.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 25-3-2008 by mike dangerously]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

I do not hate America. Why would I? It's a beautifull country.

Do I hate the government, nah I don't... just hate their policy... that's all.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

Actually you will be very surprised how many people outside America like and envy America, it is the foreign policies which make some people hate USA.

Me (as a Chinese) for one I like USA very much, always enjoyed my visits to the States, have a lot of American friends and love the American cultures of movies, series, shows and sports. The spirit and determination of many Americans are unprecedented, the open forward & innovative way of thinking and having the confidence that you can achieve anything is not matched anywhere else. The sky is the limit philosophy really have brought USA at the top of the world, becoming one huge super-power of the 20th and 21st century. However, here lies the problem, it seems like if a super-power can not handle his status well, then it will corrupt and make people wanna resist.

However, I do dislike the American foreign policies for the past 8 years which can be labbeled with lies, biases, discriminations, arrogance, hyprocricy, double-standards, power-hungry, oppressiveness and self-enriching policies. I sincerely believe USA wasted 8 years, and lost most of the respect abroad (non-USA countries) from many many people. Even age-old allies are distancing themselves from America. You can not imagine how many of my friends (Europeans, Asians and Muslims) were disappointed 4 years ago when Bush was re-elected, some of us simply could not believe it. You guys deserve much better, and we have to hope for the best with the upcoming elections. Good luck!

[edit on 25/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Kind of like how Bush got his second term via a court when he lost the popular vote?

Thats a great idea, and is how it's supposed to be, but hasn't been true in generations I think.

Get real.. The popular vote HAS NEVER meant anything.

The electoral collage has voted the President in sense the begging. And this was not even the first time this has happened. Bush won the election fairly so why does everybody have to hap on this.

With out the electoral collage it would even be worse. The elections would be held in New York, LA, Dallas and a few other large cities with most the states not even getting the chance to vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I dispise America not Hate.

Please dont be offended by what i wrote, i mean no harm, just the facts as i see them.

For one, alot of them are uneducated.
Your medical system sucks.
You allow your GOV to treat you like peasants.
Your GOV invades other countrys and drags other countrys like Australia into false wars promising trade and other incentives.
Not many Americans have the guts to stand up for their beliefs and believe all the BS your media feeds you and sit content cause you have a BIG SUV and a home entertainment system.
The puppets behind your GOV want you dead and you dont even realise it or do anything about it.
They want to Chip all of you so they can hit you with a laser beam from outerspace when you get out of line.
Your troops torture people.
Doesnt your constitution allow you to form a Militia to avoid tyrany and oppresion, yet you do nothing, i could be wrong.
Americas GOV thinks they own the world and are Gods gift to this world.
MOST of all your GOV and Military have the technology to solve oil and power problems yet sit on the technology to create better war machines and profit those in power.

To sum it up, you guys need to take back your country and stop these idiots getting into power by rigging elections, half of them are Free Masons, illuminati and People i would NOT have around my house for dinner.

Now ive talked to quite a few Americans who feel the same way as i do, but i do NOT hate the people of America just the Idiots running the show and how gullible most of you lot are.

Get your health care system back, your social security system, and stop going to wars on a whim and trying to get some stupid NWO happening.

Or you can let you GOV pillage Iraq and everyone else who has technologys that America want for themselfs and smash planes into your building to create fear enough to allow them to do so.

Shock and AWE, Fear and torture, yeah ide be leaving your country if i was you too.

I could write a twenty page essay on this topic alone but i dont believe anyone would listen anyway, let alone act on anything.

What i consider your country is doing in Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people is GEONOCIDE and do i see your Leaders sitting in a war crimes tribunal no, they just go on killing for the sake of it, just keep throwing that depleted uranium around till they are all dead and its a wasteland, then it will be "Mission Accomplished" Darn idiots.

No disrespect meant.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by GenReaper]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GenReaper

Virtually everything that you just mentioned can be applied to the UK and Australia as well. Do not fool yourself into a false sense of believing that only YOUR government is just and only YOUR country can do no wrong.

Seems to me that whatever happens to us in America will soon enough come to you as well. I wouldn't be so optimistic, considering that your elected officials are laying in the same dirty bed as our own. Times that by the fact that your government officials have for the most part been Bush lap dogs for the past several years.

Your point about America is well taken, we indeed do have a long uphill battle ahead. But in all due respect, be sure to clean your own back yard before you look into someone elses. You may be apt to find all sorts of rubbish.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't hate America. I love America. So much so that I put my ability to fly at risk by emailing every senator, congressman, and white house about my absolute disgust at the occupation of Iraq. What I 'dislike', is people who have preconceived notions of what love of America is.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
BlackOps719 Couldnt agree more mate.

I am gutted in how things are panning out but countrys like Australia are just lap dogs to America.
I aint blind to the facts at all and agree with what you say.
I just wish i could move to another planet with people who are not corrupt and actualy care for others.

Gee they have already taken our guns away from us over here, they may be a few steps behind America but at the end of they day its the same stuff different day IMO.

Ive been reading ATS for years and believe me its topics like this that compell me to post what i realy think and i think alot and aint no scape goat.

Ide been sitting around reading these forums not posting stuff for ages but hey, ill have my say in this thread.

Im just glad i dont live in America cause my post ide reckon 5 minutes later ide have some one knocking at my door trying to lock me up cause i posted my beliefs which are against the Gov`s outlooks and tortured for having my say

[edit on 25-3-2008 by GenReaper]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hate all countries with war criminals as leaders equally...oops looks like me hates the whole world

I do not however, hate the people

take care all
res

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join