It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 90% of you hate America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Alright I have been reading these boards off and on for about 2 years now and never really bothered to make an account, just liked to read what other people had to say and such. But I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world. My question to you folks is why if you dislike this country so much and think all these thought don't you why buy a plane ticket and get out of here, because honestly we don't need people like you bringing this country down. Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad. Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread I would really like to hear an intelligent response to my question...WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe if you tried a different approach that didn't involve prejudging 90% of the board memebers you would get more responses.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How would you feel if you found out 9/11 was an inside job? The post you read here on ATS are digging deeper to find answers to questions still left.
As for the prez...who knows..he could be.
Do you have evidence that he is not?
And if reading the posts upsets you, why do you continue?
After all we are here to deny ignorance!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i love America, I just hate my government

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not to mention the idea that 'inside job' equates to hatred of a nation.

Fact is politicians and business people are corrupt, time and time again it has been shown they will let people die to get wealthier or consolidate power etc..

I don't nesc buy into the 9/11 conspiracy, but I can see enough of it to make it seem plausible to me. At the very elast the grosse incompetence involved is staggering.

Otherwise that statement is the same thing as the following scenario:

Person A: "Bring our troops home!"
Person B in response: "Why don't you support the troops? Do you hate America?"

The idea that Bush and Co. somehow = America is horridly offensive to begin with. They and theirs are the ones the 9/11 conspiracy mythos revolves around.

I might as well ask this-tongue in cheek but equally valid under the statements you offered:

The constitution protects free speech, why do YOU hate the constitution?

See? It's dramatic drivel.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
First - I feel like it is our "patriotic" duty to question those that act "on behalf of the people". History has taught us that those with great power always are tempted to abuse that same power. The framers of the constitution understood this and that is the very reason why we have checks and balances. I think it was Madison who said that if we do not have a revolution every twenty years, then something is wrong.

While I admit that some of these threads are a bit dramatic, this is a healthy way to vent frustrations about the way our government is pursuing "our" interests. This current administration, and those before it, have, IMHO, given us GREAT reason to constantly question what is happening around this.

I criticize because I still feel like there is hope. I have faith in the American people to make the right decision. Will we disagree? YES. But we still have the right to disagree and I will do whatever it takes to retain that right.

So, please, do not throw "America hater" around so easily.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Graemej213

I do not hate America.

Does it mean we hate our country because we question it's ethics? Do we ignore the government and corporate corruption?

Of course there are some threads that IMO would be better left out. But ATS gives us all the right to free speech in it's forums As far as kids are concerned, many of the threads are written by kids and many have done an excellent job. I have recommended ATS to many of my young friends. I would much rather them be spending their time reading our, as you call it, BS than being in the streets getting into trouble.

Great introduction by the way. Welcome to ATS. I hope your stay here is educational and you will come to understand the importance of questioning events that concern us all.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Proud America hater here.

I hate this nation for what its people have allowed it to become.

I hate the majority of Americans for not really giving 2 flying s&%ts about their country.

I hate the United States for the candyassed, too worried about people feelings imitation of the once great nation it was.

Need I go on?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I like your country but hate your government. Don't blame the people because the government can disguise things cleverly.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

I hate the majority of Americans for not really giving 2 flying s&%ts about their country.

I hate the United States for the candyassed, too worried about people feelings imitation of the once great nation it was.

Need I go on?

When was it the great nation? When we were accusing everyone of being a commie? When we were kidnapping Japanese descent Americans and tossing them into camps? When we were mass murdering native americans for some lake view real estate? When we were buying people to pick cotton?

Things are what you make of it, America is an Ideal (Romantic and stupid as that sounds)... I find it better to hate "People" but like the "Person"... But yeah, I hear what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Aw, come on. That stuff was typical for countries in each era. Not saying that it was right, but I say to condemn America is to condemn humanity, because America is just as fallible as it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by padishahpoobah

Aw, come on. That stuff was typical for countries in each era. Not saying that it was right, but I say to condemn America is to condemn humanity, because America is just as fallible as it is.

I was trying to infer a similar point
All countries harbor all sorts of travesties. I don't see any 'Utopia' in any country during any period. I wasn't so much condemning America as saying "People suck in any era, things are better now than it was in the 1950's", unless the reader happens to be one of those people who don't like the whole civil rights movement thing

Sorry, Im on a painkiller atm, feeling weird and Im sure my fingers aren't typing complete thoughts.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Need I go on?

When was it the great nation? When we were accusing everyone of being a commie? When we were kidnapping Japanese descent Americans and tossing them into camps? When we were mass murdering native americans for some lake view real estate? When we were buying people to pick cotton?

Things are what you make of it, America is an Ideal (Romantic and stupid as that sounds)... I find it better to hate "People" but like the "Person"... But yeah, I hear what you are saying.

You forgot: Liberating millions upon millions of people in Europe.

Figured since you wanted to include everything done during times of war, might as well add that too right?

Communists are the enemy of freedom, and each and every one of them deserved to be rooted out, and executed.

Slavery was a widely accepted practice back in the day, so much so it still occurs in Africa and Asia today.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You're wobbly, but nevertheless a pretty lucid pill drunk.

Pretty.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
First off, I have to agree with stikkinikki that prejudging 90% of the board is a bad idea. It's a "b/s" statistic rooted in ignorance.

Second, Bush is not America. Disliking the current U.S. administration, or their policies, does not equate to disliking America. In fact, most of the people, that I've seen, who question the current U.S. administration, LOVE the country, and that's why they question many of the actions that have been taken.

The U.S. is defined by it's Constitution, and Bill of Rights. People who love the U.S. include people who want to make sure that those definitions are not corroded, or subverted. The catch is that the Constitution, and Bill of Rights can only be degraded from within; so a loving populace must keep a close eye on those who've been privileged with the task of their custodianship.

Originally posted by Graemej213
Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad.

What about those who simply feel that the victims' family members deserve a proper investigation? Are you aware that many of the family members have legitimate unanswered questions, and feel that the investigation was a sham?

You seem to be lumping all "truthers" into one big barrel. Not all of them believe that 9/11 was an "inside job", but they generally agree that there are valid questions that have yet to be answered, and that the victims' families deserve the unadulterated truth.

Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Again, the catch is that the Constitution, and Bill of Rights can only be degraded from within; so a loving populace (those who love the U.S.) must keep a close eye on those who've been privileged with the task of the Constitution's, and Bill of Rights' custodianship.

Personally, I think it's far more damaging to have kids reading "b/s" statistics (like "90% of the board hates America"), and opinions which imply that it's un-American to question what the Government is doing. Statistics, regardless of accuracy, have a way of settling with unseasoned readers, and questioning the Government is one of the most "American" things one can do. Questions lead to an informed populace, and without one a nation "of the people, by the people, and for the people" will crumble.

[edit on 3/25/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Are you for real? So questioning the government is now treason? I thought we had freedom of speech, but I guess not.

Shall I tone down my writing for you just so it doesn't hurt your feelings?

I have decided now that I have a good question for all these people on the forums that bash America and say all these outlandish things like; 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush is a reptile and he is trying to take over the world

How in the world is questioning the story of 911 bashing America?

I know people who died that day and they deserve the truth, not the lies our media and government has told us.

If Bush is a reptile it would sure explain his heartless actions. He doesn't seem to care about the innocent Iraqis who died as a result of our invasion, or how about the Afghanis, or the people who died on 911.

Don't you think they would want their legacy to include PEACE not war? No of course not because you bought what the government sold you about that day. Those evil terrorists attacked us and we have to go out and kill them in Afghanistan of all places.

Are you kidding me? Some people in a "3rd-world" nation in caves planned the most advanced terrorist attack in the history of this country?

Sorry I don't buy it.

"Government ties is really why the government lies."

I suggest you do some research on what this country was founded on: Indigenous holocaust, slavery, and countless foreign wars.

Also when you post a topic about 9/11 being an inside job think about the thousands of people that died and their family members and friends, you are insulting them by saying that and you should feel bad.

I will challenge that statement.

How am I insulting those who died because I want the truth?

How does that make sense?

Another thing also is you folks that think the government is ruining this country are very very mistaken it is in fact you that is ruining this country by putting your unintelliegent ideas over the internet and having kids read this b/s.

Did someone have a bad day at work?

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

I don't, but thanks for asking. I do highly dislike our corrupt government though and the complacent citizens.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Need I go on?

You forgot: Liberating millions upon millions of people in Europe.

Figured since you wanted to include everything done during times of war, might as well add that too right?

Communists are the enemy of freedom, and each and every one of them deserved to be rooted out, and executed.

Slavery was a widely accepted practice back in the day, so much so it still occurs in Africa and Asia today.

I certainly didn't forget about WWII, but I have to raise an eyebrow over the consensus of isolationalism. People knew it was going on, but it wasn't until Pearl Harbor that the U.S. got involved. Even considering the scope of the camps wasn't imagined as close to the reality.... I still find it fairly revolting that America was fairly complacent with it all-even seeing what was being done with the UK and France (The later being the first ally of the U.S.).

My ultimate point wasn't to say "America is worth hating". FAR from that. My point is:

American, French, British, Palastinian or whatever, it is the PEOPLE that make the nation, not the government. The government is supposed to serve the people, but all too often is proven that the politicians are just as corrupt as a school-yard bully. The government is capable of doing things for the sole benefit of the politicians in charge-as time and time prove... To mention any sort of 9/11 conspiracy is not an indictment on the nation. Most government see the populace as being numbers and resources. That is when the government gets truly dangerous in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
God I hate election year, people creating accounts simply to start political hate threads....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I hate the government.

I hate the fact people accuse you of being a 'bush-hater, america-basher' simply because your speak ill of the acts the government is commiting.

I hate the fact some people prefer to remain patriotic, even if it means turning a blind eye.

I hate the fact some people trust mainstream media news, even when there's perfect evidence of its fraudulent identity.

I hate the fact some people believe Iraqi's deserve to die because they are battling Americans. They fail to mention Americans are the ones who invaded the Iraqi's

I hate the fact America can spend $600,000,000,000.00 on war, yet watch its people walk the streets homeless.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just hate the fact that America is run by foreigners or foreign interests. That should be clear if you consider the fact that America's leadership does nothing about uncontrolled immigration, does nothing about oil dependency and does nothing about exporting all manufacturing to communist slave labor camps.

I don't know if 911 was an inside job or not. At this point I'm more concerned about the dismantling of my country by it's own leaders. It suggests to me that America's true government is not quite what we think it is.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by SevenThunders]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join