It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to double production of conventional weapons by 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

MOSCOW, March 24 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will more than double production of conventional weaponry by 2015, a first deputy prime minister said on Monday.

en.rian.ru...

... For instance, the Russian Air Force is supposed to receive 116 new and 408 upgraded aircraft for forward-deployed units, and 156 new and 372 modernized helicopters over the next eight years.

Seems that Russia wont give up in defending "Multi Polar World" ...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have to side with Russia on this one. Even though it makes me vomit in my mouth. They have to rebuild just for stability. That and sell guns to future enemies of NATO so our own defense industry does not go under....I just realized that the vioden kicked in and I made no sense

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well keep in mind they do have to modernize a good portion of the Russian military, and they're trying to do it as fast as possible. This should not be interpreted as "AGH Russians are deciding to produce weapons like maniacs again!". As much as I hate to say it; there are oprtions of the Russian military in dire need of upgraded or new tech. Plus there's no point of designing a weapon if you're not gonna field it in your army. To much of the western world this probably seems like an agressive move because they have gotten used to the Russian military being mostly equiped with the same tech it had in 80s and 90s (in other words not a significant challange, if at all).

Regards,
Maestro

new topics

join