It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilization was destroyed at least once before

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If our government has been able to keep it's proof of ETs and their crashe and buried ships and technologies from us, then hiding any evidence of past civilzations shouldn't be hard or obvious.
Besides, many who might find such evidence may not realize it was that old either and think it was recently buried. Digging up some stainless steel flatware wouldn't seem like much of a find. Imagine anyone trying to use that as evidence. ........Or is that the running joke?

I had come across an article on The Book of Thoth site on some supposedly related finds such as an iron or steel tea pot buried deeep beneath the surface thousands of years old and now it's gone from the site. I suppose it wasn't proven as authentic?

I have wondered if anyone has found any real geological evidence of cyclical extinctions such as from the astronomical alignments or planet x etc. Where's the proof of massive upheavels?

There's most likely some really extensive and highly secret museum and library somewhere with all of these answers for just the elite groups. That would be an interesting and expensive tour. I wonder if ghosts or remote viewrs aren't allowed either?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

The Vatican has a huge vault of items found throughout history that contradicted or disproved altogether religious teachings and ideas. In fact they used to fund many archeological digs in the late 1800s and early 1900s because many discoveries at the time were threatening the validity of the bible so they wanted to have first crack at the discoveries so they could weed out those findings which they deemed to be blasphemous.

Also the Smithsonian has a huge vault the size of a football field that is full of archeological findings that have never been publicly studied. These are artifacts that were either deemed anomolous or didnt fit into any category of our recorded history.

I wouldnt be surprized if any of these two places contains some important historical artifacts such as the ark of the covenant. (As seen in the Indiana Jones movie - no its not far fetched) But seriously there is a whole controversy behind the smithsonians secret vaults. Search for it on google, you should be able to find the history behind it. I forget how it goes.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
If our government has been able to keep it's proof of ETs and their crashe and buried ships and technologies from us, then hiding any evidence of past civilzations shouldn't be hard or obvious.

It'd only involve all the archaeologists, geologists, linguists, genetic researchers and members of numerous other discipline. A few million people at most. Easy.

I have wondered if anyone has found any real geological evidence of cyclical extinctions such as from the astronomical alignments or planet x etc. Where's the proof of massive upheavels?

There's some debateable evidence for a cycle every 26-30 million years

www.pnas.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Howdy all

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by aleon1018

The Vatican has a huge vault of items found throughout history that contradicted or disproved altogether religious teachings and ideas.
Also the Smithsonian has a huge vault the size of a football field that is full of archeological findings that have never been publicly studied.

Unfortunately these concepts appear to be modern myths. the evidence for these is zero.

A tad more difficult in that the US government would need to control the archaeologists in all the world and even more difficult - all the looters. Since they cannot control even Indian pot looters in the SW I suspect controling hundreds of thousands of people in other countries would be a bit difficult. The fact that no one in archaeology world is aware of these attempts at suppression is also a bit a bit of sign of its non-existence.

All these rumors and myths come up to explain the staggering lack of evidence for these civilizations. Nor any logical reason to attempt such a massive coverup.

We saw the communists try to control information, they had large organizations dedicated to this and ultimately failed completely. The US has no such organization.......if you think they do please tell me where it is?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What? So we're gonna the dig the Rama Empire weapon's technology or the Atlantians (vimana, Vailixi, molecular bombs, nukes) that destroyed their civilizations or almost the entire earth during that time, so that we can destroyed our's. Think people, Think. Just let it rot in the bottom of the earth okay

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

you should try to learn about the gap theory in gen. another thing is that atlntis was not just one city it was the world God created A firmanant in the midst of the waters one firmanent and then in Ki. it mentions Peleg in his days the earth was broken up so fram peleg to now there was no pangea Know as well the flood of noah may be the flood that destroyed the Atlantis im sure it was another version of the flood story

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

A few years ago here in CA there was a minor Earthquake. An Airport runway was completely destroyed as a river rerouted itself through the airfield. Well, sort of... According to the Army Corps of Engineers, the river had simply gone back to where it was before we diverted it 50 years earlier.

Due to budget issues the small airport wasn't repaired, instead it was closed. Only 5 years later there is scant evidence that anything at all, much less an airport, ever existed there. Buildings were disassembled by scavengers for their materials and all the paved surfaces are overgrown. In another 20 years, it'll all be gone.

The average human lives a little more than 70-80 years and has a hard time comprehending centuries or millenniums. To the average man 100 years is an eternity. Even though we try, we can't even preserve our own recent accomplishments. If we stopped trying, it would all be gone in less than a single lifetime. The Experts say that Mt. Rushmore could last a million years but little else if any trace of our present civilization would be gone in only a few hundred years.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think it makes sense. If we imagine that all our cities would get wiped out along with 99.9% of people, we would have a handful of people trying to survive. They would have no way to write down their memories of what happened except maybe try to scratch it the walls of caves. Which is where we have found paintings of UFO's, helicopters, people and so on.

Its possible that these paintings were a way to try and pass on to the future that humans lived in a high tech world once before. Its actually quite likely. Its what we would do.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm amazed how many people are talking about 'archeological proof', but in the same time are ignoring, ridiculing or attacking people who have found some 'anomalies' that drop a lot of mainstream theories in water...

trouble is that modern science has created a lot of dogma based just on theories or half truths...

fine example are the pyramids... no one knows exactly how they were built (even with today's technology it would be a big problem, to build one out of stone) but still, scientist cling to the THEORIES like they are hard truth...

It really puzzles me why would anyone dismiss a possibility of ancient civilizations millions of years old just because time erased any evidence...?

this of course is problem of man's ego, especially scientist's arrogant, all-knowing ego which has become (unfortunately) a virtue these days...

there is a nice Max Planck quote that explains this:

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by d60944

I think that if a society of some one hundred thousand years ago where destroyed, then it is only feesable that what is left is only the natural materials which they used. As far as the picture of our history is concerned, mainstream historians and archeaologists tend to set things aside things that they cannot explain or things that does not fit the theory of evolution. If one thing is true, recent history has shown that the leading thinkers of past societies have always been proven wrong over time.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
for those of you with time and dedication for a difficult but worthwhile read...try oswald spenglers decline of the west. His basic premise is that emerging cultures get about a thousand years to blossom, whither and finally collapse into a dark age. If this theory is even close to correct...that gives lot of time in our past for many advanced cultures to have come and gone. the fact that the last ice age wiped out evidence of the last global civilization makes it difficult for most to comprehend. I see ancient egypt as the floundering dark ages of the ice age culture that came before it...easy for a pharoh in a dark age culture to put his name on a pyramid that was already there!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

trustspengler
for those of you with time and dedication for a difficult but worthwhile read...try oswald spenglers decline of the west. His basic premise is that emerging cultures get about a thousand years to blossom, whither and finally collapse into a dark age. If this theory is even close to correct...that gives lot of time in our past for many advanced cultures to have come and gone. the fact that the last ice age wiped out evidence of the last global civilization makes it difficult for most to comprehend. I see ancient egypt as the floundering dark ages of the ice age culture that came before it...easy for a pharoh in a dark age culture to put his name on a pyramid that was already there!

Archaeological evidences says no & the ice age covered only a small percentage of earth's land mass. Civs leave massive amounts of evidence.........

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The bottom line is once of the oldest skeletons of a modern day type human that was found is in and around 9000 years old.

NONONONONONO.

The oldest modern human remains in Europe are abour 40,000 years old. MIddle east about 100,000 years old.

Look up Qafzeh boy. Link

We have excellent evidence of a smooth increase in our technical level in Europe from the stone age to present, barring the Greco-Roman collapses.

The archaeological record shows the tentative steps towards agriculture about 13,000 years ago in Turkey/Iran which then expands slowly out across Europe, Africa and West Asia. East Asia started a couple of thousand years earlier, but the pattern was the same.

There is absolutely no evidence of any advanced civilization which went south in the archaeological record. The ancient remains we have managed to get DNA out of show they our our own ancestors.

There is ZERO evidence to support a collapsed advanced ancient civilization.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

mainstream historians and archaeologists tend to set things aside things that they cannot explain or

Mainstream academics are mostly desperately looking for paradigm changing artifacts to make their names. If they aren't supporting theory it's because it's got no evidence to back it up, or at least insufficient evidence to affect the current paradigm.

I'm very well acquainted with the archaeology of the Nile area. It goes... assorted hunter gatherers with stone tools, farmers with stone tools, low tech civilization with bronze tools, historical era to present. There's absolutely no evidence of any ancient advanced tech their but people insist in believing in it. There's simply no way it fits into the time line or technology found.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

fine example are the pyramids... no one knows exactly how they were built (even with today's technology it would be a big problem, to build one out of stone) but still, scientist cling to the THEORIES like they are hard truth...
reply to post by donhuangenaro

We know exactly how they were built. The Egyptians kept records of the payments they made to the workers, they recorded the architects names. They even record a workers strike for more pay. We know where they cut they stone from and how they moved it. We also know how they used maths to design it and how water was used to create a perfectly level base.

Really, there is no mystery to any Egyptian monument. You guys should take the time to read some text books. There are even drawings on a stele of huge oxen being used to drag obelisks and stone around.

I suggest to take a trip over to the Hall of Maat site. It's very informative. Totally destroys the 'ancient sphinx' claims, and many others. link

A few years ago I had a well known archaeologist post a comment on a blog where I was critiquing some of these claims. He had some very harsh words to say about Schoch.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

There is always the possibility that there is evidence of an advanced civilization, but we are not yet advanced enough to identify it. The result of that civilization is us or our environment. We could be relocated from elsewhere in the Galaxy or perhaps if this is a simulation in the dimension of those who created it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

verylowfrequency
reply to post by Antigod

There is always the possibility that there is evidence of an advanced civilization, but we are not yet advanced enough to identify it. The result of that civilization is us or our environment. We could be relocated from elsewhere in the Galaxy or perhaps if this is a simulation in the dimension of those who created it.

I loved that TV show. I just wonder why the Cylons had to leave.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I agree, we have not a clue where we are on the scale of time, therefore more than one previous earth is possible. There are signs everywhere that agree with your theory, and myths galore. I know you are on to something, but there are many people whom would like you to think otherwise.....too many secrets...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

the last ice age locked so much water in the poles that sea levels were over a hundred feet lower in places. when the ice melted, all the cultures that had planted themselves on the coasts were covered by a minimum of a hundred feet of surf...check your facts...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Or the artifacts are simply deep, deep below. Shame that the deepest holes dug are dug for the military and not for archaeology.

Coal mines, diamond mines, goldmines, silver mines, rare earth mines, salt mines,..............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join