It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Spherical Object Falls in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here is the link to the article and picture.

g1.globo.com...

Here's the translation of the article by me:

A sphere, about a metre in diameter fell down from the sky, in a farm, in Montividiu (GO), Brazil.
The sphere was not heavy and got bent from the fall. The community did not know the exact time the sphere fell down. The Brazilian Space Association thinks it might be space trash.

The farmer Sebastiao Marques da Costa said that the sphere was hot when he found it.the sphere fell down about 150 metres from a house, some people were scared, others touchedit.

The Sanitation employees of Goias state were at the farm today. They did not take the object, but told people not to touch it. The Brazilian Nuclear commitee was called and they will be sending people test it for radioacivity.

WOW!! Doesnt look like any space junk to me?? Not like i know what it looks like.. haha

What you guys think

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
....part of the recently-shot-down satellite?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
im guessing part of a satellite as well, but hey who knows it may be a giant space poo

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It’s an oxidizer tank, space junk…
I hope no one messed with it, some of those contain some pretty nasty chemicals.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think it is part of the satellite the gov shot down.

The broken up satellite can be tracked here REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING USA 193

[edit on 24-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here are some pictures of similar tanks:
Oxidizer Tanks

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Heh, i dont see any resemblance... But maybe its something with my eyes. Also, i did a quick search and didnt found any oxidizer tank that looks like this.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It reminds me of when I 'dropped a spherical one' last week
at, oddly enough, a convention in Brazil.
I'd just 'wolfed' down a Tomali and Bola Sousa sandwich with
Redfoot Chili sauce.
You may not know that Bola Sousa was related to Kaiser Sousa
and the Devil's greatest trick was... the one with the bottle and
spoon(See Tommy Cooper).

The convention sought to understand the latest deluge of sightings
in South America, the changes in culture with reports of Ufo's and
Chupacabras.

I was mid-way thru' my lecture, when I 'guffed' the anomaly.
I felt a presence and I struggled to open the pod-bay doors... Al.
Needless to say, the fit-hit-the-shan.
I'm in front of the judge Monday.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LordHumungous

They are custom built for each different type of spacecraft, and even other tanks in the same craft may not look exactly the same. You would need to find the exact picture of that exact tank from that specific type of space craft to have an exact match. You can see even in the photo that I linked that they are also coated with a protective coating, in that photo it’s a graphite Epoxy overwrap. You can clearly see on the photo above where there are black filaments that are sticking from that tanks protective overwrap.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here, they have an exact answer for you on Bad Astronomy, as well as a new photo:
composite overwrap pressure vessel

Which is essentially a different name for the same thing as Oxidizer tanks are a part of the rockets Fuel system:
General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products pdf
Example:
Oxidizer system

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh my! Hahaha! That first link. Look at the picture.

The top response on the page is this:

# IRONMANAustraliaon 25 Mar 2008 at 12:32 pm
Looks like a motorcycle of some kind.
Link

I'm dying laughing. Caught me unexpected.

Laughter aside. I have to agree that it doesn't appear to be alien to me or show any evidence of being so. I'm submitting to it having terrestrial origins. I don't know anything about Oxidizer tanks but I'll assume defcon5 is right.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It looks like a similar object has fallen in Queensland Australia.
More pictures of the object can be found on the related link.

Mystery metal ball an outback space oddity

James Stirton of Cheepie, 130km from Charleville in southwestern Queensland, was heading out to feed cattle on his 40,500-hectare property when he came upon the bizarre-looking blackened ball...While a spokesman for Aerospace Corp. told NEWS.com.au it was still working to identify the object, aerospace industry sources who contacted Mr Stirton believe it to be part of a rocket launched at Cape Canaveral, Florida, in 1998...Although he made the discovery in November last year, Mr Stirton waited until Easter to launch his own proper investigation into the object’s origin.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Nazi UFOs are at it again!

They did some target practicing on some old satellites and then directed them to the Earth's atmosphere.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Regenstorm because: typo

new topics

top topics

join