It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. Gun Crackdown Meets Community Resistance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
they have gun amnesty's in the uk every now and then. they place big bins just inside the police stations and if you want to turn in your illegal gun the you just drop it in the bin. there's no need to search people's homes.

wish we could do the same to politicians though....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Let them do it!

Let them go door to door in Southeast D.C. .... lol

Not-expecting many citizens to comply huh? Could it be because Southeast D.C is a giant impoverished ghetto shanty town with a 90% black African American population density?

People, the ghettos of D.C. are so bad, sometimes the trash piles up in the street as if a hurricane just blew it all around, when really, thats just the everyday appearance of these neighborhoods. You can drive around the Southern half of D.C., only to get hassled by bums walking car to car with signs for money. And whence you park, they will come to you and offer to protect your car for a tip until you return, "watch it" they say. It's always best to let them do this, as they become spiteful if you deny them, and instead of watching the car, they go get their buddies and smash windows, take stuff, and/or put your car on cement blocks, all within one night of clubbing, just a couple of hours of time! I've watched it happen ..

What I am getting at is that the Police "don't want none". They'd have to go all out Nazi Gestapo style, which I personally don't think they have it in them to really be that way, they work off of fear. If you fear them, they control you. If you're entire half of the city is hostile to them, they will be turned away at door after door, home after home, because there's drugs on every block, addicts and pushers, with the occasional supplier. toxic rocks and heroin shots. I've watched U.S. Marshals trying to search a small section of a housing development one night as I stood in line outside of a club. They literally got ran off .. frustrated, this group of 4 officers were so ineffective against this population I speak of that it was laughable. I mean they were visibly scared, and barely contested being turned back by the hostile crowd gathered in the streets nearby, from all directions, which is what happens in D.C. whenever cops are on the prowl like that.

What I speak of, in essence, is an uncontrollable population. Let us use the Rodney King L.A. riots as an example. Mostly blacks correct? It was a racial riot, but nonetheless, the black population of L.A. shut down the city for days of open rioting, looting, violence and vandalism. I guarantee there are at least as many blacks in D.C. as in L.A., being on the East coast and the first MAJOR metropolitan area beyond Richmond, VA, it was a natural destination of freed and runaway slaves from the south in the 1800's onward. I put so much faith into this group of impoverished people that I think they could siege the White House itself if they chose to commit. Too bad they are not afraid to die for their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
In my opinion, the real tragedy is that the police know that they are pushing the limits and they are knowingly asking people to surrender rights. They are hoping that this will succeed because they are experts at intimidation and the abuse of power.

Put yourself in the average citizen’s shoes. The doorbell rings. You go to the door and there are uniformed policemen (they won’t come alone) asking you to open your door. What do you do? I believe that the average person – the typical U.S. citizen – has no clue as to what they must do, and may legally refuse to do in this circumstance. The officers may speak to you in a bullying tone. They may wave a paper on the air that actually refers to the program they are executing but your ears hear something more official. Say you open the door to talk with them but refuse entry. They get persistent and vaguely threatening. They make statements to imply that your refusal somehow is contributing to crime. Now you feel threatened, you feel frightened. You wonder if your name is going on a list. Are you now under suspicion? Will you be watched? If you legitimately need police protection in the future, will you be ignored? Let’s say you continue arguing with them. They decide they don’t like your attitude or tone of voice. Next thing you know, you’re being cited for disorderly conduct. Just to teach you a lesson. But now you have to hire a lawyer and pay legal fees to prove your innocence. The police know they’re going to lose. It doesn’t matter. It is one of the tools of intimidation of the citizenry. They’ll show up in court – typically a local court – and lie about the situation to make you look the worst they can. And when you’re found innocent, there is absolutely no cost to the police officer who charged you. Nothing came out of his pocket. Nothing was held against him. This kind of intimidation – make the citizen pay in anxiety, fear, and money – is a tool of the trade for many police officers.

This kind of thing – and worse - happens over and over here in the U.S., and there is nothing the citizenry can do to stop it, other than meekly allow the police to yield their power. Any attempt to stand up for your rights will cost you legal fees, court appearances, and stress. It costs the police nothing. In fact, we pay through our tax dollars for them to do this to us.

This kind of thing scares the daylights out of me.

apc

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
"... deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;"

I withdraw my consent.

Funny that they're targeting poor neighborhoods. Not only because those are the people who lack the legal means to defend themselves in court, but because statistically the poor vote Democrat. This leads to a few different lines of thought so I'll just leave it open.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is just a last minute effort by the DC police to gather up all the guns they can, before the Surpreme Court overturns the DC gun ban. It looks as if the Court is finial going to uphold the 2nd admendment and the Cops are not happy about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This # shouldn't be tolerated at all.
I cannot believe there isn't a larger uproar directly due to this.. but there will be.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Everything the power mongers have done since Y2K has been to circumvent illuminated prophecy. Gore was replaced because a man with the name of death was to start the third world war. The next to come is the invasion of the US by the old world, which will be in utter failure after the planetary alignment and shift of land mass. The third is the overthrow of the current government and replacement with democracy instead of a republic. Hence the desire to gather up arms in advance.

These prophecies are only really known to them and every time they make a change to avoid them it has turned out it aligns the next prophecy in the correct order when it would not have taken place at all, if they left things alone.

Right now they are testing bus columns on the roads to see if anyone will notice when they spread them out 30-60 seconds to two minutes apart at 60mph. Problem is we don't use canadian and european busses here much so to the observer its easy to see the approximate troop strength they intend to use. They intend to fill them with canadian and UK troops as they speak english, and don't mind offing a few americans.

It won't make a bit of difference. they set the prophecies in motion trying to avoid them and they will only find the effort wasted.

That should be a big enough dose of paranoia to chew on for one post.

Be at peace though, it will all fail.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The N.R.A. are turncoats . They have crossed over to the dark side . You can bet your sweet ass that I'll never let them into my house if they ever start that bull# in my neck of the woods . Screw them , They know that we are on to their game . It's time for all red blooded TRUE patriots to stand up and ttell the GESTAPO to shove it where the sun dont shine ! Something is brewing and getting ready to happen and they dont want resistance . This is just the beginning . Martial Law is on the horizon Better get ready to put up or shut up . If it takes blood to show these facists that we will not be under the yoke of oppression then so be it . Remember 1776 . DON'T TREAD ON ME !!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, so of course the search and siezure thing is ridiculess, but let's look at banning guns logically:

This is basically the same concept of their War on Drugs that they seem to think is working so incredible well

Correct me if I am wrong, I am only a kid.

If anything is banned, drugs, alcohol, guns, a black market is created. These things are sold illegally by dealers. Instead of being government regulated, they are sold just to the people with money. I am pretty sure the friendly neighborhood drug dealers aren't checking ID's or giving you the waiting period for weapons.

It creates a safer environment if allowed to stay legal, but regulated by the government.

Personally, I believe that this is only a stepping stone to something big. Something that we won't be able to defend ourselves against.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
they will come to you and offer to protect your car for a tip until you return, "watch it" they say. It's always best to let them do this, as they become spiteful if you deny them, and instead of watching the car, they go get their buddies and smash windows, take stuff, and/or put your car on cement blocks, all within one night of clubbing, just a couple of hours of time! I've watched it happen ..

Seriously? They pull that crap in in former Soviet countries all the time. I have friends from Poland and Ukraine that joke about it. They're like unwanted valets who extort. I just figured it was what the mob underlings did when the hierarchy got broken up after the fall of the Soviet Union or something.

I don't know if I'm proud of D.C.'s ghetto population for evolving these semi-advanced organized crime type tactics or just comically amused by the filth in society.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
1933 Nazi Germnay all over again huh?

"Sounds like Pre-WWII Germany huh?

Fear the government that fears your gun!
Gun ownership is not a crime!"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueStar

The words you have written here ring with resounding truth.Cops are people,albeit people on a super power trip.Deny them access,deny them even conversation.They will use every trick in their power to put you down.

Stand up for your rights...or lay down and be trampled.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
This # shouldn't be tolerated at all.
I cannot believe there isn't a larger uproar directly due to this.. but there will be.

actually there WONT be, look at what they have gotten away with already. the patriot act, NSA wiretaps, habeas corpus, designated protest sites, weapons confiscation during katrina... blah blah blah..
slowly but surely is their game, far to many people are sidetracked with the likes of american idol and such. the few paying attention are "fringe wackos"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As a non-citizen I am not allowed to own a gun. I don't have any guns illegally either. Nor would I have one illegally if I could get one. I am no criminal. I don't have any drugs in my home either. Aside from the aspirin bottle next to my bed. If a cop knocked on my door asking to search I'd ask to see the warrant, without it he's getting # you from me. In those words. God I hate cops. They always show up just in time to make a situation worse. If they had a Constitutional Enforcement training program I'd feel better about our boys on the beat. But until such a law is enacted, I will remain distrustful and suspicious of every cop I see.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Exactly right. A well executed plan on behalf of our Gov. Keep us sidetracked. You forgot 2 of the major distractions since the beginning of time.

Racial and religous division.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Wow dude,your outlok about cops is horrible.We must be related.LOL. Honestly,I don't think you could possibly dislike them more than me.If I went into detail,I could right a book.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i believe the powers that be know a great depression is coming so they are ordering these cities to seize theseweapons so they can keep from being overthrown.

well wether or not wall street survives , main street will take a beating, and unless gas prices get lower (all goods and services besides gas will increase in price going forward) and things will get much worse as our economy is hollowed out ( which is what a federal reserve bank can do to a country's economy) but then again the capitalist structure of society (which may be the best option) is not sustainable at high standards of living for century's. Look at history, everything is built on debt, debt becomes more difficult to become serviced, and then usually govt's bail out the higher ups, and then wether hyperinflation or deflation follows the rest are left to fend for themselves.

The cognitive dissonance that usually meets these realizations tends to fade away when the economy heads south and people are facing some pain in their day to day lives. People who are doing well, don't like these topics to "bring them down" so they tend to be met with a blissful wall of willful ignorance. Like i said last year, the wind from this economic storm will blow the sand out from around their heads, wether they wish to not think about things now or they do think of a plan b.

With all that being said i think the reason in this story, may be that they would like to take some guns away before the law is overturned in D.C, but time will tell, and this gov't acts pre-emptively so get ready and develop a plan b.

Also let me say this, the people do have some power (this is not china) we can stand up and when their cellphone and cable bills can't be paid they will become angered. Knowing this, their anger will likely be directed away from powerful oranizations or current politico's and either inwardly or toward someone far way in another country.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthsetfree2009

Personally, I believe that this is only a stepping stone to something big. Something that we won't be able to defend ourselves against.

I believe you are correct.

And we certainly won't be able to defend ourselves if we allow them to disarm us. What would we use then? Peashooters?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anyone and everyone who's behind this should be arrested for treason.

Since they seem to have temporary control of the Police, maybe we should create citizen arrest groups and arrest all those anti-Americans supporting this Gestapo crap. Oh wait a minute, isn't that what the militia is for? Where is the militia now that we begin to need them?

It's time to start making lists of these turncoat officials and post their names & pictures from sea to shining sea, so we can recognize the enemies of the people who have infiltrated our country and have turned their backs on the people and piss on our Bill of Rights. When ever we see them in public or private we will recognize them as traitors.

Time to create some prison space for all DC officials responsible for this act of treason against the peoples of the United States.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join