It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellish Hairy Sea Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
(I don't mean to "cuss" in the heading of this topic...I'm just using the title from the article I came across).

Has anyone seen this? Or does anyone know exactly what it is?:

english.pravda.ru...

The website is, from what I can tell, a Russian news site. There's not an article that goes along with it...just some photographs. To me it seems like a large turtle. Perhaps you guys have talked about it before, or the website itself equates with The Sun, Enquirer...etc. Either way, I thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
According to the info on one of the pics: looks like the images came from 'fishki.net' which is sort of an ebaumsworld pic site-funny/weird etc..

As for the critter.. My first thought was a whale, but, I don't recognize any organs etc.. Could be photoshop since the lighting looks odd in a few... ultimately if real: I at least can't ID it. The 'scientists couldn't find what it fit into' line is questionable, rather flippant for a new species find-specially when so weird looking.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This was debunked as a whale a long time ago.

I dont have any links for you I am sorry

Its a rotting beached whale.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i agree with the whale theory, ive seenpics looking like this before, the odd mouth shape has to do with something to do with the jaws cartilage rotting faster than other parts.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats a very strange creature. Whale or not its still creepy.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There are 2 more pictures from that incident, and yes it was debunked at least a year ago. You might be able to find them using a search on this site.

On a related scale, some of you guys seem to be new around here. Don't trust anything pravda posts, most of it are pure bull# made up to attract readers. They have the most ridiculous stories once in a while.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The pictures were of a dead whale. And while PRAVDA is mostly a good source of news, they do have a tendency now to put in stories designed to attract new readers all the time. Much like mainstream U. S. Papers. So I guess we are not so different than the Russians are afterall. Communism fell over there and took over here. Go figure that one out.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eighty59 To me it seems like a large turtle.

It is indeed a whale, as has been mentioned. What happens is the whale dies out at sea, and as it begins to decay they blubber slides off of the skeleton. Leaving what are affectionately known as globsters.

tinwiki.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
PRAVDA is mostly a good source of news

Are you serious?

As for the OP, I don't even need to check the link to know it's the same Beluga whale that has appeared here on at least 6 threads in the past 8 months.

59, looking at your date of membership I would think that you've been here long enough to utilize the search function.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks guys for helping me with this one. Having no interest in Russian periodicals, I've never heard of Pravda and came upon it by sheer accident. I've heard of beached whales (any large animals) rotting and then being advertised as "monsters". Nothing new except, for some reason, this one caught me off guard. Maybe the turtle-like face?

jbondo: Yes, I've been a member of this site for quite awhile (though I still can't figure out how to quote external sources). And yes, I did a search for this very topic, leaving me with zilch. Search for "hellish sea creature" and I can almost promise you, you won't find this topic. I don't have the time of day to screen through each new post as there are 100's constantly being brought up. I'm sure like many of you here, you enjoy checking this website in the morning with your coffee and perhaps in the evening with your beer? In due time I'm sure I'll be a master of discussion like many of you but until that day...I need a beer

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
this has been posted at least 10 times DO SOME LOOKING ON THIS WEBSITE BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING.

new topics

top topics

join