It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cure For I.E. and Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thats right folks, i have the answer to all of your i.e. and firefox issues for your windows xp and vista computers.

Safari 3.1

Yes, it IS from apple

No, I have not lost my mind-well, no more than my normal.

It is the fastest browser bye a far margin.

It is what firefox WAS-fast and trouble free.
Safria 3.1 for Windows XP and Vista

:pbjti me:

[edit on 3/24/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

How is it for transferring files.. eg PC to imageshack.. or mp3's to ATS..?
IE messes up mp3's frequently but pics work.. Firefox just doesn't do anything except browse..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have not done either of those things-yet.

What I have done has been very fast and stable.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I used Safari on my old XP computer.
I liked it as a backup, but it took some getting used to the layout.
I'll give it a whirl, seeing as I;m downloading it as I type here

Thanks, MM

EDIT to add:
Safari is fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Please note, Dtom:

This is the new version 3.1.

I download and tried the last one for windows and it was a mess.

I have loaded it on my xp home machine and my vista(SP1) laptop-it runs great on both.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, the old version did SUCK.
The new version is much friendlier to FF/IE users

I may do much more safari-ing

Again THANKS MM

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have no experience with Safari yet, but I should really try it since I also design websites it's good to get familiar with all browsers.

I have one question, is it customizable?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I already have the cure, and it's called Opera.

I tried the previous pre-release version of Safari and it worked well, I will try this final version, but from what I have seen I will stay with Opera, speed is not the most important thing on a browser, especially for those limited by the connection speed.

It will be one more for my collection.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OPERA is very, very good and easier on my old eyes than the grey of Safari.
But, my husband uses OPERA.
And, Safari is faster.
The new version is way more customizable than the previous versions. I like the safe surfing feature.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm using it right now.
It is 'different' from firefox, if not faster.

I'm having a little trouble linking pages.
I'm not used to 'view source' as a link tool.
How can I be sure I have the link address?

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For those, like me, that hate the way the text is rendered on Safari, making it look "fuzzy", here
is the cure.

I tried it and it works.

And just to be sure I am posting this while using Safari.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OK,

I've been using Safari for awhile now and yes it is fast..

Reliable too...

But WHY OH WHY does it have to be so ugly?

How can I pretty it up?

Semper

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Is it not open source for addons?

Firefox is releasing a new version. It's in beta now, but it eats up far less memory so far. Hopefully they'll clean up the coding a bit and it'll run as fast as the rest.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Safari isnt too bad. Its really fast. But I prefer to use opera. Its much nice I think.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I tried Safari 2, and it had problems for what I did ... and since I have owned a Mac before, it reminded me of a browser I used in 8.6, but something makes me feel it isn't as functional, probably don't remember correctly

I will try it again. I am curious if my WinRoll will work with the new version, as it didn't with the old one. It is a program that simulates the Mac's very handy tool of 'rolling' up the window to just the title bar with a right click on it. Great for seeing behind your current window without switching or minimizing. If you haven't used it, it may not sound too great, but I missed it until I found it (from the FlyakiteOSX package). I can't imagine not having it.

I am using Firefox 3 Beta 5 right now. They are working on 3 RC1. It is performing just fine for me, the only drawback is a lot of the add-ons are not compatible yet ... I haven't done the intense surfing I used to, only had it since yesterday. I will have to hit some image galleries and see if it still has the memory leak that requires a restart to clear up (or a program like FreeRAM).

I still prefer Firefox at the moment, simply because of NoScript and AdBlockPlus, and the control it gives ... and all the customization I have become accustomed to. I only have one bar on top when I don't have a second tab, all the extra stuff just wastes my browsing window
I love being able to move everything around as I see fit.

I once had two versions of Firefox, Opera, and Safari, but since cleaned them up. Opera didn't impress me too much, though not bad. If someone showed me ABP and NoScript for the other browser, I would be more likely to use them.

Never IE ... besides Microsoft Update. That is it. Even then it makes me cringe. I know someone who still uses MSN6 browser ... NO TABS!!! I think I have been using tabs for a decade (Netscape)

I will give Safari a try again, didn't mind the look that much, just crashed too much for me ... I forgot what soured my taste for Opera, despite some of the great features.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I like safari but I think its better on a mac then a windows machine. Opera has gotten pretty good, the snapshot builds are pretty good. They are much better then the stable releases.

new topics

top topics

join