It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship 'opens fire in Suez' Breaking News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Once again, from the companies website:

Global Container Lines (GCL) a worldwide leader in ocean transportation is proud to announce its US flag service. The multipurpose Ro-Lo vessel “Global Patriot” is at the service of all esteemed GCL customers. The vessel is ideally suited for carriage of rolling stock, containers, project cargo, heavy lifts, break bulk, and bulk cargo. The vessel will be primarily trading between the US Gulf, Red Sea, Persian Gulf, East Africa. All other destinat ...

www.gogcl.com...

From the US Navy:

MV Global Patriot, a SEALOGPAC voyage-chartered container ship, discharged 654 containers of ammunition at Concord Naval Weapons Station, Calif., in September, and loaded 58 containers and 48 pieces of break-bulk equipment for a Patriot missile defense battery destined for Okinawa

www.msc.navy.mil...

From MARAD:

GLOBAL PATRIOT Global Container Lines

www.marad.dot.gov...

From San Fransisco Boating:

GLOBAL PATRIOT Cargo Ship 669 9/8/07 5:05 pm

www.boatingsf.com...

NOT a warship. She is a PRIVATELY OWNED container ship CHARTERED by the US military.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you for your information. I gave you a star. You did a lot of work there.

However, why would someone on this ship shoot and kill someone? What is going on?

spelling

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
According to what I read, they were on barges approaching the ship. They were ordred to stop and didn't comply. As they approached the ship someone onboard opened fire, and killed one of the people on the barge.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Originally posted by Techsnow
consider this a false flag report by BBS. Move along.

You know the thing i dislike the most? is someone telling me that i need to move along because they think this or that, happening more and more now,

I will determine if i need to move along or not when i have all the facts i need, im sorry if this seems a little over the top but i have a mind of my own i do not need you telling me something is a false flag i can determine that for myself thanks..

AZZ

OK that sounds great and all really...

move along, nothing to see here.

link   
reply to post by Shar

I could guess they didn't like the merchandise the person was trying to sell when heading towards their ship. But the U.S.S. Cole comes to mind.

link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
According to what I read, they were on barges approaching the ship. They were ordred to stop and didn't comply. As they approached the ship someone onboard opened fire, and killed one of the people on the barge.
We don't own the Suez canal anymore do we? It belongs to Egypt now I believe..

[edit on 3/24/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

We never even owned the Suez Canal.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if we own it or not. All vessels have the right of self defense. If you are approaching in an unknown vessel, and are ignoring visual cues, signs, and other signals to NOT approach the vessel, then they have the right to shoot at you. The ACCEPTED approach is to fire warning shots FIRST and THEN shoot AT you. However, in a region where small boats have been used to cause severe damage, and almost sink vessels, no chances are going to be taken.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I wonder how they were ordered to stop. by opening fire and gunning right for the head?
How does one come to a complete stop at sea, i wonder.
But anyway, case closed and solved.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah, you're right. They just shot them dead.
Or MAYBE they tried radio, light, signs, waving, bullhorns, or OTHER cues FIRST and they ignored them. But nahhhh, we're the Evil Americans so we must have just shot them dead.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Think of this as an American way of telling people no thank you when they are pretty aggressive in selling their merchandise by heading towards your ship.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

As of late we have been doing a darned good job at bullying the world.
Tell me, do they also have the right to stop us or does it just work one way?
Forgive my stupidity.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It does beg the question though... if the Navy had killed the people who crashed a small boat into the USS Cole before they were able to murder any sailors, would they also be accused of killing innocent "sales people"?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's the equivalent of me shooting you in your backyard. I guess we're working on our international image again.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Global Container Lines is based in NY

Global Container Lines Limited
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd.
Garden City, NY 11530
New York, USA

Global Container Lines

It sounds a lot like black-ops para-military activity. Why would a cargo vessel fire on anyone? And why would it even have the capability of firing on anyone?

I would say that this ship, launched in 2005 and named after the Patriot Act, is full of military contractors, their equipment and weapons. It may also be a mobile operations center for CIA, Special Forces and who knows what else floating around in the Middle East disguised as a cargo ship.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Theres a reason why people have this called "personal space." You get into their personal space...blood is going to be spill.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

So exactly what are saying with this? Are you saying we are behind this or not?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Yes I would say they would shoot these people.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

A ship carrying military equipment to the Middle East? Well I guess theres a reason why the crew felt they are being targeted. It moves military equipment that could kill many Jihadi fighters which pretty much makes it a target for terrorists don't you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's a picture of the ship from the owner's website if anyone's interested;

As for who's to blame here I think it may be best to wait for more details. At present the details aren't clear enough to know if there were any warnings given and what exactly happened leading up to the shooting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join