It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sending data through time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The realization of human time travel, if it is possible, seems to be a far distant event in our future. Due to the limitations of human anatomy and most of the current theroies of time travel the human shell would most likley be destroyed while traveling through time. Keeping this in mind, would it be any easier to send data through time? Data has no physical imitations and could be equally damaging or helpful in the right hands as somone with first hand knowledge of what is to come. Your thoughts please

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes, would be easier to send data "through" time. Could be paper or a disk -prob wont survive cause magnetics involved in time travel.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I was not thinkins so much as physical data, I was thinking more along the lines of energy. Think of the way the internet works or a satalite signal. I wonder if it could be sent using our current systems as a reciver? IE seti or current satalites.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
We do send things through time, all the time, already. I guess you could say it's a 1:1 time, aka real time. But, I know you mean, like back in time, or forward in time.

I think, the problem with the future is that there are so many futures. To send a binary message, for example, to the future, it would take energy to pop it into all the futures, for this time jumping to occur, to guarantee that you would receive the message in your future, to prove the time travel exists. This is assuming a straight-line time model to begin with.

Why would the future bother to notice a message from the past? An echo? Why would the future want to read a message from the dead? As for a message to the past, they don't have the technology to interpret the data, and even if they did, they could call it a fake.

Writing a message to my past, so that my past self will read it. Sort of spoils the adventure.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its possible to send energy faster than light. BUT, that doesnt mean its going backwards in time. It arrives faster but not before you send it.

There is nothing to actually stop this from happening, as it fits in with the majority of known sciences.

This could be handy for sending messages over huge distances, ie Mars, where you have a large time delay of 6-41 minutes. This is speculation though and how much time you shave off the time is a different matter. The fastest speed needed there would be 41xLight Speed or hopefully faster for further away where the signal would be instantaneous.

As for sending information back in time, I dont think its probably, or ever would be available. The problem is cause and effect. If you sent a message back to yourself, what happens if you dont send the message when youre supposed to?
Do you get a paradox effect, with the universe ripping itself apart, or just a migraine caused by the GOD OF TEMPORAL MECHANICS

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have pondered this quite a bit. I think you would have to build a sender/receiver now to be able to communicate with your future self. No going backwards though just not going to happen. You have to open the gate persay between the two of you. it would work best communicating only days in advance so that you could easily keep up with yourself. I definitly think that data time travel is a more conceiveable option though and remember if you get it done don't tell anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sending data back through time has already been done.
We send data forward in time every time we send anything. It sounds silly but we should keep this in mind, because it happens to be true.

Simple demonstration was performed by sending microwaves through a solid metal beam. For whaever reason the signal travels faster through a denser material. The microwaves carried a song as data. The signal was received a fraction before it was sent, or so they claimed.
I listened to the recording and you could barely make out the song which was in the receiving signal.

In Quantum Mechanics they say that changes to paired particles occur simultaneously, but you can manipulate time by moving the sender and receiver, so you are able to send a change back in time. By making the change to the particle in your own time. They say you cannot encode data doing this but I think that bull.

You merely need to set each paired particle up as a single bit in an array in advance.

This article touches on the principle used with the microwave experiment.
www.newscientist.com...

Here is some really credible physics on the subject:
www.aei-potsdam.mpg.de...

MozartFasterThanLight

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

top topics

join