It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it always "lights in the sky"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've been thinking for a while now... Why do UFOs always have their lights on at night if they want to stay hidden (eg. abducting someone/something) and undetected? But at day, the UFO looks like it doesn't have any space for any lights (on the photos posted on the internet)... I know it is alien and all... but wouldn't we be able to see it from space if they switched on there lights and moving around (where most of the pictures posted of UFOs, have their lights off)?

I've been pondering about it and now it is bothering me... are the UFOs really alien, or are they terrestrial? And for some reason it happens mostly in the USA, are rarely in other countries.

PS for those who do not understand in what I am trying to say... Why do aliens need lights on their ships for when they are flying/touring around earth collecting/probing souvenirs/people?

Even speculation is welcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I fear speculation is the best anyone can give.
It's an interesting question though. With such advanced craft/drive systems/multi-dimensional facets/anti-gravity know-how/time shifting abilities/etc, etc., why in Heavens name do they need headlamps?

WG3

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller
Why do aliens need lights on their ships for when they are flying/touring around earth collecting/probing souvenirs/people?

Simple. To keep from getting run into by airplanes. Besides, if the lights aren't too strange or odd, most people wouldn't know the difference if it flew overhead. Most people aren't that observant.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sometimes the lights could be a result of the propulsion systems. And there have been reports of strange lights being seen during the day. It doesn't only happen at night.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I guess the simplest reason as to why UFOs have lights on at night, is for the same reason that cars do. Thats the first thing that comes to mind, and makes the most sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The_unraveller

Its a good question, and one all ufologists should ask. I try to think of it more as communications practice than for maneuvering the skies. There is too, the possibility that these ships have a glow to them as a output of its functions.

I also tend to believe that aliens don't necessarily try to hide from us. Some displays may be to experiment with our reactions.

But the real reason is probably that these are not extra terrestrial at all. They are probably either current aircraft or experimental. That would be the reason that the US sees these more than anywhere else, because we're tops in aeronautics.

Good thread, you probably won't get many replies because then people need to deal with the possibility that ETs aren't really flying over us. But its a question that all alien conspiracists should talk about.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A light in the sky is easy to see...One UFO that I saw was brighter than any star I've ever seen..But, when it was coming towards me or motionless it looked like a star...(I thought a bit brighter)..somebody said,..."what's that?"..Right then in a second I new that thing was to bright...So it had my attention...While 4 of us were standing there on the deck looking at it..this thing was far away and high up..Suddenly it "powers down"...and gets dimmer..We could still see it...As we all said wow....Suddenly, it took off super fast across the sky..We all saw it..Someone wanted to do something about it...like tell someone...But, I said,"All you can say there were lights in the sky.."..You feel kinda foolish...Looking like a star is a good way to hide..
....Ever since that sighting, I have been wondering myself why those craft would be so bright...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Terrific question.

There was a spanish airforce video with a FLIR system. It could not see the UFOs with the naked eye, but in infrared is looked like glowing balls of light. Perhaps it has something to do with the way they enter the visual spectrum at night vs. day. I dunno.

Good question.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Nice Post Santa. You cover most bases well. At the end of the day, it's near impossible to question the psychology of 'ET's" (if they exist) and why they do or don't do things such as use navigation lights etc.

I would imagine that they don't even require lights. If they are more advanced than us, I'm sure their Infrared technologies etc are light years ahead of ours.

I don't think they run much risk of terrestrial aircraft running into them given their apparent propulsion systems... but anythings possible I guess.

Nice post to the Op!

[edit on 25/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Simple. To keep from getting run into by airplanes. Besides, if the lights aren't too strange or odd, most people wouldn't know the difference if it flew overhead. Most people aren't that observant.

But, it still doesn't make sense... Why would they need that, if they could just use their super-advanced technology to detect them and outmaneuver the incoming aircraft. And if it were headlamps... where are they pointing to?

They might have something like a quantum-radar (remember, its speculation) and advanced vision modes to see at night and day. Remember, they got here to planet Earth, where we can't even leave our own atmosphere without using too much resources and must return (in a relatively short time) to Earth to keep the astronauts alive.

To the others who posted about propulsion systems that might emanate a glow/light... this sounds a bit more logical and plausible. But the thing that bothers me about this is, why doesn't it glow in space? With infrared, its understandable, but to the naked eye, its hard seeing them in space (which often gets debunked as "space debris"). And if it is an experiment to see our reactions, why not turn it on in space? I think, by now, they know that we have massive (and even small) telescopes pointed at the sky (then NASA, unfortunately, comes to mind).

If anyone gets abducted in the near future (by real ETs)... remember to ask them, why do they have lights on their craft.

new topics

top topics

join