It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you feel the need to chase that which is not there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I mean no offence to anyone here, but why do people feel the need to chase that which is not there. There is no evidence to support any of the allegations made by people here. We are told that to be the American leader, you need to be linked to a group hell bent on ruling the world and that these people select the Prssident. And there was me thinking that it was the votes of the American people that put the President in power. Silly me!

We are told the the federal reserve have all the power in the states, when I thought that the two houses had the power.

Is it down to people needing to fill a void in their lives with these things, so they sit down and come up with them? Have we become so feed up with thinking for ourselves, that people log onto these forums and fall for eveything, hook line and sinker?

Rant Over

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Societies especially in times of stress need an 'other' to blame for times when things don't go just the way we want or expect them to. It's an attachment to the childish habit of not accepting fault when it's ours or externalising fault to preserve ego even when there's no fault per se. Witness the scapegoat in its many incarnations whether as actual goat or uppity feminists, uppity blacks, uppity 'whatever-group-turns-your-crank'. It's always easier to blame someone else when the other isn't there in any great number to defend themselves. Then all of society's reputed "ills" can be laid at their feet for blame. Witness the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Immaturity is a terrible thing but oh-so-much-easier than the alternative

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Most Americans still believe that the Federal Reserve is the government, it is not, the fed is a privately owned banking system whose majority share holders are the Rothschild’s, the Warburg’s, J.P. Morgan, Rockefeller and the Lehman brothers. This private banking cartel is the fed and is never audited and never pays taxes.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is the best explanation I've come across for this mindset:
www.publiceye.org...

That's not to say that there aren't real conspiracies out there, but, IMHO, they're far more mundane than much of what gets tossed around here. Makes for entertaining reading, but I wouldn't base my life around any of this stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
And it's not there because...? How do you know it's not there?

Evidence is in an undiscovered area. Just because you can't see air does not mean air does not exist. Same with germs. And gravity. And secret societies, conspiracies, etc.

Votes of people do make the President - every day you sit and grumble about who is ruling what, that is a vote. It is because, day after day, for 7-ish years now, people have collectively voted, passively, to let the President stay President. The ballot idea is something of a mystery to me, so I won't claim to know how that works.

Things in the system have as much power as they are given.

The reason why I do this, yes it is to fill a void. It is the void where there should be violent action against things I don't agree with. I replace the violence and confusion with a slow work in progress of how the world works in thought and writing, and it lets me vent without becoming a criminal.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnaphx
And it's not there because...? How do you know it's not there?

Lack of evidence of such?

Originally posted by lnaphx
Evidence is in an undiscovered area. Just because you can't see air does not mean air does not exist. Same with germs. And gravity. And secret societies, conspiracies, etc.

This is flawed logic, in my opinion. I can prove without a doubt the existence of "air" or "germs" .... but most (not all) "conspiracies" can't be proven.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And there was me thinking that it was the votes of the American people that put the President in power. Silly me!

How many people are there to choose from... two or three.... it's not hard to see the problem there, and even worse when people from different parties are in the same organizations like skull and bones etc. they all move in the same circles and you dont have much of a choice in who runs your country.

We are told the the federal reserve have all the power in the states, when I thought that the two houses had the power.

The fed is private and money is the power, no chasing needed here, the evidence is there.... whats the problem again?

I'm not saying all these conspiracies are real but the problem is this.... 99% of these conspiracies are secrets that powerful people want kept that way.... in turn getting evidence for these is alot harder than proving there is air (which is not a secret and no power wants this hidden).

so they sit down and come up with them? Have we become so feed up with thinking for ourselves, that people log onto these forums and fall for eveything, hook line and sinker?

I would suggest its the other way round, you fall for everything your told by the main stream media and dont think for yourself.... dont be a sheep and open your mind a bit.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What else would be the purpose of a SECRET society other then to gain an unfair advantage. What's up with Obama is what I want to know? I mean, I'm glad that Hillary ain't gonna win and I guess that McCain is the lesser of the three evils.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
What else would be the purpose of a SECRET society other then to gain an unfair advantage.

Depends what you mean by SECRET. Most people don't regard freemasonry as a SECRET society in the usual meaning of the term, and of course it's aims are the complete opposite of gaining an unfair advantage.

As to true secret societies, that could well be a reason for their existence. It's very hard to find out the real reason for their continuation as they are so secret. However they could just be attempting privacy - it's a tragic aspect of the human condition that we believe each other always up to no good. That tells us more about ourselves than it does our neighbor.

What's up with Obama is what I want to know? I mean, I'm glad that Hillary ain't gonna win and I guess that McCain is the lesser of the three evils.

Why do you think something is UP with Obama? I've got no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"However they could just be attempting privacy - it's a tragic aspect of the human condition that we believe each other always up to no good. "

I know, sorry. I'm tired of thinking that way anyway and I'm coming to the realization that Jesus is in control anyway so I am going to stop worrying about it. Besides, it's the devil that wants us to become divided by that way of thinking, not you guys and unfortunately it has been me that has been giving in to that way of thought lately.

I thank you guys for your willingness to keep discussing it with me. You're a great bunch of persons.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Because it is easier to blame others for you problems than it is to take responsibility for your own actions.

Then you have a certain group of people who will believe anything that is even moderately scandalous because it relieves the boredom of an otherwise mundane life.

And finally you have those who just are not an intellectually gifted as others and believe anything.

Throw in the class warriors and the religious zealots and your question has been answered.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMe74

The only reason we are able to see germs is because we created microscopes that allowed us to prove their existence. Air(or rather the atoms that make it up) in ancient Greece was simply empty space. There were not small balls floating around that's impossible. Hundreds of years later we proved the existence of atoms. I wish I could remember who said it but they said "What is today's philosophy is tomorrow's common sense." For years people reported sightings of mountain gorillas in Africa. It wasn't until the 1950's when scientists discovered them and realized that those people were not crazy. What if tomorrow scientists prove the existence of aliens? All the accounts of the eye witnesses will instantly change from yesterday's nonsense to today's common sense. If the Wright brothers hadn't of believed and gave up when people criticized and ridiculed them, where would we be today with our transportation? A common one is penecilin. If the creator of penecilin stopped believing when others deemed him stupid or insane, how many lives would have been lost to this day? Where there seems to be nothing to the majority a select few prove to them what they previously could not see. Almost every great advancement of society was ridiculed in its infantile stages, but later proved to be invaluable to us. If those few people stop thinking where the rest will not tread, what will become of us? How will we conquer AIDS, cancer, and numerous other deadly and currently incurable diseases? The orthodox ways cannot always solve our problems. We have to go beyond what we know and search for what we do not know. What if someone were to find a plant in the middle of the Amazon that could cure a cancer patient at any stage they were at, but it was very rare and no one else had ever seen it? Should we tell them it's not real and that they are lying and not even try to find these plants that could save thousands of lives?

Forgive me, but I am very adamant when comes to this subject.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by crisrj214]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I just have a wee little problem with a president that was elected not on popular vote, but by congressional congress. I have a problem with being lied to about WMD's to start a war. A problem with no bid contracts being awarded to co's that are interconnected with politico. Problems with many of top CIA either chopped or resigned after the fact because they were pushed for 'sexed up info'.

You need to realize. There are some very unpleasant people in the world and in the works that need to be exposed.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wow23
I mean no offence to anyone here, but why do people feel the need to chase that which is not there.

You know you're going to be told that there is something there. Who do you think you're complaining to?

And btw they are right, you know.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Witness the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Funny you should mention the Nazis, because they actually were plotting to do the most sinister kinds of things you can possibly imagine behind closed doors and in "elite" social-political groups. Their media was commandeered to produce propaganda, they staged military confrontations, etc. Oh yeah, forgot about all that, right?

What do you think people are worried about today when they talk about stuff like this? You can call us paranoid but you're being naive if you think this stuff never happens, and ignorant and lacking vigilance if you think it can't happen here. If you're in the military don't you have some kind of obligation to the Constitution? Not any more I guess? Oh, only when we're safe from terrorists, that's right.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I just have a wee little problem with a president that was elected not on popular vote, but by congressional congress.

Perhaps you might like to solicit your local representatives to offer an ammendment to the Constitution as this was not the first time that this has occured.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wow23
I mean no offence to anyone here, but why do people feel the need to chase that which is not there. There is no evidence to support any of the allegations made by people here. We are told that to be the American leader, you need to be linked to a group hell bent on ruling the world and that these people select the Prssident. And there was me thinking that it was the votes of the American people that put the President in power. Silly me!

Is it down to people needing to fill a void in their lives with these things, so they sit down and come up with them? Have we become so feed up with thinking for ourselves, that people log onto these forums and fall for eveything, hook line and sinker?

Rant Over

Why do you refer to yourself as ranting? This is to claim incapable of serious discussion. Now if you are willing to discuss without your speaking of 'no offense', or ranting, then perhaps you'll find what you're looking for.

That is if you are truly seeking.....

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
What else would be the purpose of a SECRET society other then to gain an unfair advantage. What's up with Obama is what I want to know? I mean, I'm glad that Hillary ain't gonna win and I guess that McCain is the lesser of the three evils.

An advantage over whom? It doesn't seem like there is an advantage if anyone can join.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I just have a wee little problem with a president that was elected not on popular vote, but by congressional congress.

Two quick historical footnotes - America is not a democracy. Not by a long shot. It is a Representative Republic, which means you aren't voting for the president, you are only voting for Electors, who represent your state at the Electoral College.

Secondly, I am not sure what the reference to Congress is. We all know the Supreme Court elected Bush. (kidding)

[edit on 8/16/08 by emsed1]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Witness the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Funny you should mention the Nazis, because they actually were plotting to do the most sinister kinds of things you can possibly imagine behind closed doors and in "elite" social-political groups. Their media was commandeered to produce propaganda, they staged military confrontations, etc. Oh yeah, forgot about all that, right?

Uh......did the point of my post completely go over your head or what? Unless I'm mistaken, the Jews were terribly victimised in Nazi Germany. Because they were singled out as the "other", the "scapegoat" to be persecuted. Hardly forgotten.

What do you think people are worried about today when they talk about stuff like this? You can call us paranoid but you're being naive if you think this stuff never happens, and ignorant and lacking vigilance if you think it can't happen here.

I don't ever recall suggesting it couldn't happen again. Never say never. But while external vigilance is required, internal self-vigilance is equally important if not more so.

If you're in the military don't you have some kind of obligation to the Constitution? Not any more I guess? Oh, only when we're safe from terrorists, that's right.

If you want to go back through my posts, you'll see that I've made it clear why your question is out of line.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Fitzgibbon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join