It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can my computer become infested by spyware by clicking on the advertisements here on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just cleaned my computer so my computer is running at full speed again. I was wondering if that the google ads here on ATS will infect your computer with spyware. I have found some really interesting links here on ATS from the google ads. I'm just wondering if it's safe to click on them.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Stay away from the one by Homeland Security advertising for Border Patrol agents.

No, just kidding.

Sort of...

Seriously though, I've never clicked on an ad here so I'm no help at all...

But I suppose anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have spyware detector running and have never experienced any alerts on any of the ads I have clicked while on ATS. Can't say I've clicked them all, but nothing on the ones I have run across.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I just cleaned my computer so my computer is running at full speed again. I was wondering if that the google ads here on ATS will infect your computer with spyware. I have found some really interesting links here on ATS from the google ads. I'm just wondering if it's safe to click on them.

some of them, if installed (eg smiley central) *WILL* put a whole bunch of crap on your pc you dont need, like yet another search tool bar on your explorer or maybe diverting your home page or searches.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm just wondering if it's safe to click on them.

Yes.

1) We don't use advertising networks who have been known to inject improper packages into the banners or advertiser landing pages.

2) I regularly check the ad networks, advertisers, and landing pages myself.

3) If we ever do discover any problems, the ads are removed from circulation as quickly as possible.

top topics

join