It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Speed Racer' - On second thought, this movie will rule at the box office!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
AccessDenied posted this trailer in the '10,000 B.C.' thread, and when I saw the trailer my preliminary opinion of the movie and it's probable suckiness was way off base. Here's the trailer again:

As a man in my mid-thirties, I'm not sure I would take the little lady to go see it, but I'll probably go watch it with my 10 y/o nephew. I wasn't aware that it was a Wachowski bros. movie (of 'The Matrix' fame), and it really doesn't look that bad! Add the kid factor into it and I predict this movie out-grosses all the superhero movies as well as Indiana Jones. I never thought I'd say that.

Racer-X is the shiznit!

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I concurr, this should be good. Go Wachowski's, go!

I'm in my mid-thirties as well. With this and GI JOE coming, and all the super heroes already done, me thinks all that's left for me to completely re-live my childhood would be "Ultraman" and "Micronauts" movies!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm also looking forward to this. The Wachowskis did The Matrix, but they also did V for Vendetta which was an adaptation too, and that turned out to be a surprise hit. I think Speed Racer will definitely be a huge hit.

I'm actually going to enter a contest for the Mach 5 car, too, I'm that excited about the movie.
www.raceforspeedracer.com...

Basically if you enter, you'll get a text message on the 18th asking you a question, and if you're one of the first to answer the question, you get to go to the L.A. premiere and have a chance to win the car. Methinks I need to study up on the cartoon.

I want that car!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
this movie is going to be horrible. what are you talking about man?:bash:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If you still don't think this movie is going to rock after watching this new trailer... well there must be something wrong with you.

QuickTime, High Definition (1080p)
QuickTime, High Definition (720p)
QuickTime, High Definition (480p)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dunno. The wife and are were both huge Speed Racer fans growing up, so we're going to go see it, regardless of my misgivings about any 80's cartoon made into a movie. Parts of it look like it's going to be great, parts of it make me arch an eyebrow. Either way, we'll be there in front of the big screen when it comes out.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It it true that Crakeur will be playing the role of Chim-Chim?
Hmmmmm............ Now that is some casting and stuff!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
It it true that Crakeur will be playing the role of Chim-Chim?
Hmmmmm............ Now that is some casting and stuff!

Almost, you nearly got it. He'll actually be playing the role of Spridle. Chim-Chim will be played by Gary Coleman.

new topics

top topics

join