It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit's Mayor Charged, Multiple Felonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OK, I am sick of main stream media. This has been a huge issue in Detroit for a while now they got him.

I guess they are trying hard to make it a partisan and race issue. The guy is a crook plain and simple.

Look at the whole title "Democratic Mayor", so what, are they trying to add fuel to the fire, then "the black politician" in the article, are they trying to get a rise out of people.

Why is the race card always played?

When Eloit Spitzer got nailed in New York they didn't say "White Governor". I am tired of this crap.

Detroit's Democratic mayor indicted in sex scandal

DETROIT (Reuters) - Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was charged with perjury, obstruction of justice and official misconduct on Monday stemming from a sex scandal and the prominent Democrat's handling of an $8.4 million settlement of a whistle-blower lawsuit against the city.

The controversy surrounding the black politician once seen as a rising star in his party has deadlocked city government and could spill over to presidential politics and the issue of how the Democratic Party handles Michigan delegates still being contested by Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is going to be a mess for sure but in the end Detroit will be much better off. Good riddens to this criminal.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Presumably because that is how he was pidgeonholed. He may have even been using that title himself to get votes from Detroit's mainly black population.

Spitzer was labelled by "sheriff of wall st" because thats how he pidgeonholed himself.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It comes down to,you can't run government offices like a Rap music label.Someone's going to get shot!
You can't run N.Y. like the hotshots in hollywood!
I think the reason Spiitze's wife was looking intently at her husbands notes is that she had written them herself.
All the other players are getting offers to pose in the mags,I think Spitze's wife is the cats meow that should be pulling in the big bucks to pose.She made the man we see.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sorry... posted in Wrong thread... Delete

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Detroit is a mess. It's like a circus up here. This is constantly on the news and the race card is always being pulled. It's pathetic.

This guy is a criminal, plain and simple. He's done nothing for the city, then he gets involved in an affair, perjures himself, and he's even caught up in a suspected murder.

I'm glad charges were brought to him. He needs to be forced out of office and he needs to serve time.

There's even some idiots here that say we all need to leave him alone and we only target him because he's Black. They even have the nerve to say he's doing a good job with the city.

Anyone who has been in a real city, upon visiting Detroit, you will see what a disgrace that place is. It's a toilet.

This isn't because he's Black. It's because he's a criminal. A CRIME is a CRIME whether you're Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, half-French/half-Russian with a slight Sudanese background - it doesn't matter. A crime is a crime.

new topics

top topics

join