It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States urged to comply with ID Rule

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

States urged to comply with ID Rule

www.usatoday.com

If the states don't comply, the Homeland Security Department will bar travelers from using those state's licenses and ID cards to board airplanes starting May 11.

"We are not bluffing," department spokeswoman Amy Kudwa said.

Some fear massive confusion and delays at the 15 airports in the three states. Passengers showing unacceptable licenses will be pulled aside for additional screening, possibly including pat-downs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Haha...Gotta love it.

"Either you conform to your ultra-chipped-out ID cards, or you don't get to fly, you terrorists!"

Next up on the agenda---RFID implants!

Maybe they can ram through the shock-bracelets with the real IDs while they're at it.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Screw flying . . . I have not flown in years.

I love driving . . . get to see scenery, etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i think these new ID cards have a RFID chip in them. i really dont know what to say iexcept im not getting one ide rather go to jail.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

I'm sure "they" love that you love driving too. I bet they hope you own an SUV and aren't a fan of hybrids either.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If there are only three states putting up a fight, what does that say about the other 47? Have they already signed?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
SC, MA and NH need better drivers licenses.

Did not say anything about "ID" cards.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage

Originally posted by xxpigxx

I'm sure "they" love that you love driving too. I bet they hope you own an SUV and aren't a fan of hybrids either.

umm . . . I don't get it. Explain please?

Thank you

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
when are the other states going to issue the new ones? and how, a fine? or just when they are expiring.....

interesting times we live in,

lets see how far down the rabbit hole people will go before they start to spread their arms an legs in defiance.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Illinois issued new ID's beginning 1/1/08, they confrom with the new "security upgrades". However nobody is being forced to get them, as of 1/1/08 they are the only option for licenses and id cards, and as peoples current IDs expire they will be issued new ID cards with the RFID tech.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Some democratic society Americans live in.
People can protest but it does no good.I'm not saying to stop protesting,it just appears that those cries fall on deaf ears.
I also find it sad that Americans will be punished (delays) for not conforming ( I despise that word).
I live in Canada and won't travel to the U.S. for many reasons.This whole "ID,papers and passports please" leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
I'll have to research and find a way to fry the chip I'll probably have in my next drivers license.
If I end up traveling I'm going to make sure no U.S. stops are on the way.If there are,then I'll go by barge if I have to.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"starting May 11" ?? Why have I not seen anything in the mainstream news about this? Is this just happening all by surprise?

SURPRISE!! You can't get on the airplane HAHAHA! Go down to the DMV and get a new ID card, then you can go.

I don't get it, this just smells odd.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wasn't the original plan for these ID's ok'd in 2004 in congress?

I wish I could find proof of that, but I'm drawing a blank on where I read that.

Tela

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

I think the deadline to be on board was 08, Most States who signed onto this REAL ID BS have sense had time to review just exactly what they were getting themselves into and have opted out of it..

Now the Fed is trying to force its will upon the State, It doesn't have this authority unless of course the States are violating individual rights, But try telling them that...

This is proof that we no longer have a Government for the people, by the people, and of the people, but a Government unto itself that rules under its own mandates.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I find this rather strange that they say that it's NOT a Federal Mandate, except they MUST comply no later than the dates given, that's listed on the same source page:

Source

Is REAL ID a federal mandate?
REAL ID is not a federal Mandate, and states are not required to participate. The REAL ID Act simply establishes minimum standards that states must meet for their driver’s licenses and identification cards to be accepted for official federal purposes like boarding a commercial aircraft or entering a Federal facility.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
^^^ Yes i think the thing is that most states already comply . E.I. There "id's" are secure enough .. I believe there just trying to get the states that still use older id's to get on board. I don't think there will be a change for the rest of us ..

At least thats how it seemed .. I am known to be wrong now and then ..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly
I find this rather strange that they say that it's NOT a Federal Mandate, except they MUST comply no later than the dates given, that's listed on the same source page:

Source

Is REAL ID a federal mandate?
REAL ID is not a federal Mandate, and states are not required to participate. The REAL ID Act simply establishes minimum standards that states must meet for their driver’s licenses and identification cards to be accepted for official federal purposes like boarding a commercial aircraft or entering a Federal facility.

Double speak to the point its blatantly obvious...

States don't have to participate, But at the same time they must meet standards...

So no longer do we have our voice unless they allow us to via their terms...

We cant protest our own government or have access to the very public buildings our tax dollars pay for, unless we get their little ID cards? In what world are we living where this is acceptable?

How do people not see whats going on here? It's heartbreaking honestly to see where this country is headed, The sad thing is this isn't doom and gloom bs, its actually happening...

and the worst part is we are allowing it to...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I laugh as insanity once again takes hold of me.

There was a time, long before I was born; well long before any on this board were born for that matter, when the federal government did what the states said and not viceversa. Or maybe that was all just some dream I have of a make believe republic that never truly existed?

But, like C0le said, WE are letting them do it. Who are they to tell US what to do. So much for representation. Let them chip me, then I can be but a number, lying in a pit somewhere. No one gets out of here alive is my guess.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
WASHINGTON — Millions of residents of three states will soon face tougher and longer screening at airport checkpoints if their governors defy a federal law requiring new, more-secure driver's licenses.

Maine, New Hampshire and South Carolina have until March 31 to say whether they plan to comply with the law, which they say is costly and will inconvenience residents by forcing them to get new licenses.

If the states don't comply, the Homeland Security Department will bar travelers from using those state's licenses and ID cards to board airplanes starting May 11.

Who IS WASHINGTON??

I mean seriously, when and how did this come in to pass! This is crazy! The government is literally dictating what the states must do?? Things are...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by Telafree

This is proof that we no longer have a Government for the people, by the people, and of the people, but a Government unto itself that rules under its own mandates.

I completely agree with you there.

The federal government has used coercion (sp?) to get it's way with drinking age, speed limits and now this. It will be interesting to see what else is coming down the pike.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join