It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens downed Tunguska meteorite to save Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
You cannot tell me it was NOT extraordinary

Who said it wasn't extraordinary?

It was, and that is my point. Simply because something is extraordinary does not mean we have to come up with some theoretical explanation for it. Sometimes things happen NATURALLY that are beyond our explanation.

Despite what we want to believe, we don't understand everything. We don't know everything there is to know. We can't explain everything. Believing we can is what breeds these theories based on absolutely no proof.

[edit on 3/25/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It was 1908, actually.

And just because it did what you said it does doesn't make it anything special. It's uncommon, but not unthinkable, and it doesn't require massive leaps of faith to explain. There are 8 other examples of very similar events happening around the world, so it wasn't exactly unique.

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Got any evidence to support this theory of Aliens having anything at all invested in Earth? No? Exactly. There is no evidence of aliens even existing, let alone for these complex theories of alien motives.

First things first, people - find aliens THEN try to figure out what they want. If you can't show aliens exist, debating their motives is pure speculation, which is at best fan fiction, and at worst insufferable nonsense.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well, I for one am glad that it has got us talking, however, I am fairly sure his story is embellished, to say the least.

Having said that, it has given me cause to dig a little deeper, the results of which I will post on this thread.

S.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Got any evidence to support this theory of Aliens having anything at all invested in Earth? No? Exactly. There is no evidence of aliens even existing, let alone for these complex theories of alien motives.

Speculating the motive of aliens is indeed speculation, by the very nature they are alien to us.

There is a TON of evidence for aliens visiting Earth.

Thousands of sightings, thousands of encounters, thousands of abductions. Not too mention the folklore of many cultures which have stories of beings that describe very much like aliens.

Perhaps you are educationally or semantically confused with the terms 'evidence' and 'proof'?

Evidence is fact or situation that suggests something might be true. Proof is a fact or situation that removes all doubt. It often takes multiple instances of evidence to add up to proof. So no we don't have our "smoking gun" yet. However, a big dose of Deny Ignorance is long overdue if you don't think there is evidence.

One really good resource for reading up on this mountain of evidence is a forum called Above Top Secret. Goto the Aliens&UFOs section.

Here is a link to my ATS thread about my abduction experience, the reason I joined ATS to begin with:

Lucid's Abducion Experience (the Greys)

[edit on 033131p://25u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The Tunguska incident was always a point of interest for me since I watched something on the History Channel on it. Funny thing how the History Channel kind of got me into this whole conspiracy and paranormal thing. But moving along, what I remember from the program on the Tunguska incident was that most scientists seem to agree that for whatever reason the meteorite or comet, whichever it was, exploded high in the air.

The reasoning for why the epicenter was left untouched I have to admit I'm not entirely sure the science behind, but it's not an uncommon effect. I believe that there was a building in either Hiroshima or Nagasaki, once again memory fails me the specifics, and this building was left structurally intact compared to the rest of the city effected by the blast. There was also a test done in which hundreds of matchsticks were lined up to simulate a forest and a small explosive was detonated a few feet up. All the matchsticks around the area were flattened, but those directly underneath were still standing erect.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join