It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus the Magician?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
if there is some chance that Jesus was a Magician, then Christianity in general would be in jeopardy.

This is for Trustnobody....

While the OP's intent may not be crystal clear, you may have misinterpreted the content of the thread. The above quote appears to be much more than a magic vs illusion discussion.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

What are your thoughts on angel then?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Not only did i read your openning post, and the posts that followed it, i quoted it in my response.

I didnt offer anything scientific in my response, only evidence that Others and Myself have gathered in the Criss Angel Discussion thread over its 200 + pages. They are observations and not the result of scientific analysis.

But seeing as you brought up the fac that this thread is about opinion, would you not consider scientific opinion? Or do you have something against scientific exploration?

Further more, it has been asked to present this question to you by another member:

So, how did you become familiar with Chris Angel? And more importantly, since the only place I've seen him perform is on TV....wouldn't that also make him a "sham"? Or is some TV not a sham?

And how does the Internet compare to the TV and programming?

Credits for that go to MrPenny

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Quazga

What are your thoughts on angel then?

Angel? Oh I don't really care one way or another. He doesn't really appear to have any real message to speak of.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

I would say the internet is way more free then tv. I have watched much of his stuff on Youtube. His best tricks are there. I also used to have television about a year ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

if there is some chance that Jesus was a Magician, then Christianity in general would be in jeopardy.

This is for Trustnobody....

While the OP's intent may not be crystal clear, you may have misinterpreted the content of the thread. The above quote appears to be much more than a magic vs illusion discussion.

My bad, I should have paid better attention to the original post. Sorry about that.

Thanks
Trustnobody

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Most of what is on Television is a sham. Like commercials and such. Most of the media is bull. But there is some interesting stuff to see. Some of what is on television is not a sham, but most is.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by darcon]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Most of what is on Television is a sham. Like commercials and such. Most of the media is bull. But there is some interesting stuff to see.

Yes, but most of what we think is true is also a sham.

Rumi said it best. He said that Scriptures are like soap. Soap is nothing but grease and grime etc. However Soap is the dirt that we buy to remove the dirt that we don't want, but alas the scriptures (and anything else we hold with reverence) is still just dirt.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

thanks for the quick reply but I think you missed the main part of the question posed by MrPenny

So, how did you become familiar with Chris Angel? And more importantly, since the only place I've seen him perform is on TV....wouldn't that also make him a "sham"? Or is some TV not a sham?

Although Angel has stuff on the Internet, it is without his authorization, I believe. Making TV the sole meduim for his artwork.

Edit: you answered the question in a general manner, so I will attempt to be more direct without being confrontational.

If most of what is on TV is a sham, and Angel is on TV. Does not your logic dictate that Angel is a sham?

If not, where do you draw the line; what are the determinning factors?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

But what about his "tricks" ( love your choice of words ), he performs on TV? Does the medium that you refer to as a "sham" diminish their quality?

And, if all or some of the TV's programming is a sham....doesn't it follow that some of the Internet's content is a sham? It's often one and the same. The delivery method is different, but watching a video on YouTube, perception and experience wise, is no different than seeing it on a television screen.

Whether viewed on a computer monitor via the Internet, or on a television via a cable broadcast....the "tricks" are still produced, directed, and staged the same way.

Huh, imagine what Jesus Christ would be like today with something like a Pixar studios......nobody would buy it, be all, "fake"...."fake".....

[edit on 25-3-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Personally, I think Jesus was misrepresented.
A lot of the Bible has had bits added, removed, 'tweaked'. How much of the Gospel is Gospel anymore is anyones guess, or belief

The Lord working in mysterious ways

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You know, it is hard to draw where the line is. You know it and i know it. Sometime you just never no. You know my opinion on Criss, as i know yours. I think perhaps you just have to trust your intuition, i know it is not saying much, but there is much bologna on t.v.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

I to believe much of what the bible was, has been changed over the years, and many things have been taking out by the church.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yea. Everyone knows Jesus used camera tricks and paid off actors too. The whole walking on water thing? Pause at 3:15 in, you can totally see the wires. Fraud!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join