It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand
Just recall, here, that while 14000mph seems like an unbelievable speed, it's still not as fast as the Space Shuttle as it's climbing out of the atmosphere.

Correct. Right now the Space Shuttle is traveling above us at a speed close to 17,500 MPH in the VOID of Space.

Theorically then, you would be able to exponentally accelerate to such speed, in what is known as an "S" curve of acceleration up to maximum top speed. In that curve the most critical part would be first transit of start and the last one of slow down to brake. In elevators, an optimal acceleration of high speed cars, of over 1,000 feet per minute would be an example. To have a dramatic acceleration of such, a person will bang himself to the floor or to the ceiling. But the "S" curve will take that same person in comfort to the top speed and down.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its all nonsense. Nothing like this exists and never will in out lifetime or lifetimes.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What did they shore the tunnel up with? Wouldn't and earth movement destroy this tunnel? There are earth quakes in CA all the time. AND!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the hell did they do with all of the soil and rock that had the be excavated to produce a tunnel system that F,ing large?

You could built a mountain or an island with that material.

Roper, just trying to point out that this story is fairy tale.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Description of a very high speed transit (VHST) system operating in its own rarefied atmosphere in evacuated tubes in underground tunnels. Most cases considered took less time to go coast-to-coast (e.g., 21 min) than it takes an aircraft to climb to an efficient operating altitude. VHST's tubecraft ride on, and are driven by, electromagnetic (EM) waves. In accelerating, it employs the energy of the surrounding EM field; in decelerating, it returns most of this energy to the system. Tunnel systems would be shared by oil, water, and gas pipelines; channels for laser and microwave waveguides; electric power lines including superconducting ones; and freight systems. Environmental and economic benefits are substantial, and the technology for building and operating the system exists.

NOTE:The image is of a TBM,not the shuttle.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, please help me out, how EXACTLY does this "device" accelerate to 14,000 mph.... then find a way to stop in 21 minutes from New York to Los Angeles without spines flying through someone back and heads rolling around the cabin?

thanks,
hoop

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Apparently these nuclear/laser tunnel boring machines push the molten rock into cracks and fissures in the surrounding rock, where it cools and hardens, so there is no excess material left over.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

OK but that would still be a lot of mass. I just don't see it. There is also this displacement thing.

Also a nuclear laser hitting a gas pocket would be a big light show.

Roper

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Earthquakes are 5 times less damaging undergrund than above,also it is known to the public that a high tensil,jointed tube system has been created for some time.Also if you read any other post you will read that the TBM super heats the dirt into a smooth glass like surface.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hooptie

As stated in earlier post the device odesnt accelerate to 14000 mph,it doesnt need too,it is capable of that,it spends 10.5 minutes accel/10.5 decel at and ave. speed of 8500 mph-that travel time is 21 minutes.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I apologize in advance, I haven't read the whole thread, if this has been stated before than sorry:

Transportation tunnels were being dug out under New York in the late 1800's. See Remarkable Pneumatic People Mover.

I can't quote too much from the article because it's long and, like any good story, is drawn out; but the gist of it (with few quotes) is:

In 1849, inventor Alfred Ely Beach wrote an article proposing "a network of underground tunnels for horse-drawn trolleys, but that fancy passed once he discovered the great strides being made in England in the field of pneumatics."

Although the basic principle of pneumatic tubes was first explored in ancient times, it was not until the turn of the 19th century that practical applications began to appear. It was around that time that the Scottish inventor William Murdoch demonstrated his pneumatic apparatus, a device which used compressed air to whisk notes through a length of pipe to a distant recipient. Among the first to appreciate the potential of such systems was a London tinkerer named George Medhurst, who described some practical large-scale applications in his 1812 pamphlet concisely entitled, "Calculations and Remarks, Tending to Prove the Practicability, Effects and Advantages of a Plan for the Rapid Conveyance of Goods and Passengers Upon an Iron Road Through a Tube of 30 Feet in Area, by the Power and Velocity of Air."

In 1868, work began on a tunnel and pneumatic public transit system under the streets of New York. The theoretical speed of the transport was upto 700 Mph.

The system wasn't limited to America, it had been tried in England (and I expect other places) too. If we could achieve high-speed underground travel in the 1800's then what should we be able to achieve today, let alone in the '70's? I doubt the system was just buried and forgotten before the beginning of the 1900's (as suggested in the article).

If an electro-magnetic system has been employed for any modern system achieving speeds of upto 14,000 mph then I'd expect lower speeds would be used for large living/biological transports.

With respect to bearable pressure at high speeds then I'd suggest liquid filled chambers (liquid oxygen perhaps (meaning that used by deep, deep sea divers not the liquid formed by super-cooling oxygen which would freeze biological creatures). Fish survive high pressure due to not being air-filled and (thus) by having equal pressure internally as externally.

Using such a high speed system, I'd conjecture it being single-carriaged and cyclic i.e elliptical tunnels with one carriage per tunnel. If a carriage doesn't stop or fails to slow quickly enough then it would be needed for it to continue without risk of hitting anything; and at such speeds, it would be nearly impossible to remove other carriages on the same track quickly enough to avert collision.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Why are we stuck on this 14K mph figure?

Not stuck at 14k at all Badge01. Simply keeping the post in line with the OP. It was 14k that was mentioned and though it may seem impossible i used the 14k as a starting point - as i mentioned in my previous post, 14k 41 years after the X15 did 4k+. I said yes, IMHO it is possible. But that's only my opinion.

If you know of higher speeds being achieved or being possible i would believe it. If you consider using magnetism as a propulsion system is there a Peak to the amount of power that can be achieved or would the limitation be on the type of "rail" system employed.

I would reckon that using magnetism and each pass over an opposing magnet would speed the object up Xm/s. Is there a limit, theoretically, to how many passes the object would make over a track of magnets before it ceases to accelerate or would the limitation on acceleration be on the length of the track?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
What in the hell did they do with all of the soil and rock that had the be excavated to produce a tunnel system that F,ing large?

You could built a mountain or an island with that material.

Roper, just trying to point out that this story is fairy tale.

I don't think the excavated soil etc would be piled in one place - do you? Especially when (IF it happens) this would happen across the US. DO you think they would "pick a spot" and dump ALL material there? I highly doubt it. - not logical and imagine trucking all the material day after day from one spot to another thousands of miles away. too costly.

Yeah you could build a mountain with all that material or an island or they could level out some areas and use it for housing etc. Hell i certainly don't know but i believe no one would be daft enough to pile all the material in one place.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Albeit very cool, I would never want to experience it. It sounds like the vomit comet x 10 ^ 2471829379124179247912. What is stranger about the way I feel is that I would rather take a chance with a transporter (ala Star Trek) or a time machine. Interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just thought I'd check in on this thread. I've noticed some questions that I have theories on. Like for example how would the excavated soil be gotten rid of from these tunnels being dug out. I know the TBM's I've referred to here previously with YouTube videos have the capability of making bricks from the materials that are being dug up in order to make the tunnel walls behind the machine as it move, so there's one potential area where some of the fill dirt goes and then of course some of it being trucked away by dump trucks to different construction sites.

There there is also anything like the finer pieces where ore is sorted into mineable materials like gold, silver, quartz, granite, or whatever else they find which can be sold off somewhere. Those are of course potential areas to get rid of the fill materials. Not to mention if the TBM was the kind that was to make the areas molten slag there would be no fill dirt. Please keep in mind there is information on all of those websites I've referenced here before about the actual mechanics and machinery along with the logistics and comparable data.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

I don't think the excavated soil etc would be piled in one place - do you? Especially when (IF it happens) this would happen across the US. DO you think they would "pick a spot" and dump ALL material there? I highly doubt it. - not logical and imagine trucking all the material day after day from one spot to another thousands of miles away. too costly.

Well if this thing does exist then there must be a lot of places to get out of to get rid of the material. Plus places for workers and equipment to get into the tunnel.

What I'm saying is, this type of operation would be very hard to hide.

Roper

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

What I'm saying is, this type of operation would be very hard to hide.

Roper

Oh absolutely. Also please know that i wasn't knocking you at all

Yeah, it would become a very well known fact in a verey short space of time if it ever gets off the ground. (Excuse the pun
)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
THe laser drill might melt rock, but there is no way all that fill could go into cracks. that is physically impossible. When construction on the underground bases goes on it is not a secret. It would be hard to keep the tunnels and the waste rock a total secret.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
THe laser drill might melt rock, but there is no way all that fill could go into cracks. that is physically impossible. When construction on the underground bases goes on it is not a secret. It would be hard to keep the tunnels and the waste rock a total secret.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
From the way I understand the one TBM we've been discussing here on this thread works, the one "hypothetical" machine that melts bedrock and dirt would be proposed to be able to mold all of the earthern materials into molten glass. This would mean of course that there is NO fill dirt to track out and load into dumptrucks and then later dispose of whatsoever.

This is of course theoretical and hypothetical meaning here of course by saying it this way, that I have absolutely no proof of its existence and of proposed functioning capabilities. However, after having said that you can go to Popular Mechanics or Popular Science yourself and do some research into it if you wanted to. This would probably be a great way to do some free research where there is some actual real-world intelligence data to be collected and disseminated wherever you so chose.

You must of course remember to use the correct search words that a lot of people are already using in this very thread with their excellant posts with in depth information. This thread is really gaining ground and attention on ATS and has the potential to go really far into the future if the right kind of Conspiracy Theorizing and in depth Investigation that people like the Three Amigos have come to expect on this fine website.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am enjoying this thread. I understand that the laser/molten drill is theoretical. I see I need to do more research on this drill. I was unaware that this would create molten gas. NOW THAT IS COOL.

I started reading ATS after listening to Coast to Coast. I became interested in these topics after talking with several people who worked on facilites underground in Colorado, Nevada, and Idaho. They are just normal Electricians, Pipe Fitters, Painters etc. There was no secret where they were working or that the government does have buildings underground where they study scientific projects.

The guys I know would drive to the job sites to work and pass bus loads of government workers on the way. They would not see any sign of the government workers all day, and then pass them on the way to the towns they were staying in.

This sparked my interest and I found at one sight they were doing testing on nuke subs and planes. I am not saying that this validates John Lear's story of open channels to the ocean from Nevada (I am a John Lear fan, even if I find some of his tales science fiction and some probable).

The more I read the more I am interested. When I heard that the US Air Force filed for a patent for a boring machine that was featured in a 1980 copy of a magazine. This really got me thinking.

I don't know what they are doing, but I have some ideas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join