It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BomSquad
3. The amount of acceleration your passengers can take is also a limiting factor. You really don't want to push people more than 1 or 2Gs at the most.

Interesting sidenote: While most roller coasters stick to around a 3 g limit; some, like the Mindbender, top 5 g.

That said, you bring up a very good point with...

More than that (1 or 2Gs) and you could start having health problems with people who aren't in good physical condition.

Hmmm, I wonder how many g's could Cheney's pacemaker handle? He probably wouldn't be a very good candidate for the Mindbender.

I hope I'm making sense...

Absolutely.

[edit on 3/24/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
They might use the highest speeds simply for transporting bulk cargo instead of people. This would be a very good way to keep their underground bases supplied without convoys of trucks giving away their location.

The device that would most likely be used is known as the Subterrene, which is a Nuclear-Powered Tunneling machine that essentially melts a tunnel through the ground and has no need to dispose of slag since it is incorporated into the finished tunnels wall.

This device was developed a long while ago and there are several pictures on the net of it or machines similar to its design. Some people also speculate that these machines could have been used on the Moon and even Mars as part of secret construction programs.

But if you told any Russian that the United States is building underground trains and bases he would just laugh at you and tell you to join the club. The Russians have huge underground areas underneath most of their major cities and they are connected with underground trains, mostly used by government officials. We always tell more of the enemies secrets then our own.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There was a show on discovery or the learning channel last summer about future machines. One of them was a transatlantic train going from NY to Paris under the atlantic ocean.

They had it all worked out financialy and scientificaly. The only thing holding it back was the cost of it.

They have the train on a magnetic rail in a vaccumed, frictionless tube So there would be very minimal G forces. The seates were each individualy suspended on a 360 degree piviot point so you would rotate with the motion of the train to avoid motion sickness.

Here is a link to the diagrams used in the show.

dsc.discovery.com...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Jonnieoptical]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wouldn't the fact that the trains would be built deep underground actually lessen the chance of them being disrupted by seismic activity? I seem to recall that they construct many building underground for exactly that reason.

Another technology they may well be taking advantage of is the 'recently' released memory metal that returns to its original shape after being bent. Tubes made of this material would eventually shift back to their original positions and any vacuum could be kept secure.

Trains under the ocean have an even easier time getting the requisite power needed to travel because they can use water pressure.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have to say that everyone seems to be jumping on board this thread. I see it has 9 flags now and 6 pages. It's really going somewhere. I still don't know if I agree with the 14000 miles per hour or not, but the tunnel system and shuttle running through it are plausible enough along with the facts for this to be happening.

I've seen many people on here questioning where the funding for building something like this and I must remind everyone here that the government has all kinds of slush funds through various agencies and promisary notes from other countries, deals behind banks backs, then of course there is the "lost" German funds from WWII from the Jews and other concentration camps occupants. All those funds were never totally accounted for and or they were washed through Argentina and Buenos Aires, and let's also not forget the "Oil For Food" scandal with Iraq and the U.N., or the Iran/Contra scandal and John Poindexter and his now famous subordinate retired Lt Colonel Oliver North.

Back to the original thread topic though is that are there tunnels running from New York to Los Angeles, connected through underground military complexes, and or Continuity of Government complexes? Well, you seem to be uncovering some of those facts yourself here. Just remember though, that everything, and I mean everything here, is being logged, and filed, and cross-referenced, and filed in order to be able to lock you away for the rest of your life.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Cool thread, I think the money for projects like this is not that hard to find. Wasn't Sept 10th 2001 that Rumsfeld admitted to congress that 2 trillion dollars are missing from the defense budget? That will pay for allot of tunnels. Also just a coincidence that was the day prior to 9/11.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I got a very good question from the originator of this thread, jkrog08, and I U2U'ed this to him, and I felt it was relevant to this thread because of a potential pattern I see beginning to develop here. I hope that he does not mind that I post this here, and or that the moderators all take into account that I am trying to prevent things by being proactive in keeping this thread on track by posting something off the original thread topic for just a moment here and won't edit and or delete this post in particular.

No, I am not a moderator, and no I have not been asked to be one, I'm just someone who wants to see other people get their ideas out in order to say what their thinking.

how do i post a youtube video?

Okay, I saw that you sent the U2U and also post the link for the YouTube video I am assuming here that was the one you wanted to know how to post, correct?

First, you click on YouTube within the post you are creating,...then enter this series of numbers and letter (from that YouTube link you posted on My profile).

dw1uvaUAekw&hl=en

Just for future reference, copy and paste the YouTube from there site into a "Notepad" or some other computer program or a piece of paper write it down, exactly, word for word. Here's the entire link :

width="425" height="355"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/dw1uvaUAekw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Notice within the whole link, the series of numbers and letters? That's where you find the "code" for posting YouTube videos to your posts. Just try to remember a few things here, first posting a different topic like "Fema Death Camps" on your thread you started can still get you a wrist slap from the moderators, so you will always need to post something relevant to your original thread somewhere within the post so that it still has some resemblance to the original ideas you started your thread on (this also keeps others from hi-jacking your threads with other topics, if you remember this).

Also, in order to make your posts more professional looking, try to put as much thought as possible into your posts BEFORE you post them, you can do this several ways of course like saving the website links somewhere, and or re-reading your stuff and editing it over and over.

I hope you take all of this into account as suggestions so as to make your posts and future thread more professional, so that maybe you can get an applause for them. I've gotten 5 applauses so far since I've been here, so I know from positive experience and I'm only trying to help you.

SKL

[edit on 24-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just recall, here, that while 14000mph seems like an unbelievable speed, it's still not as fast as the Space Shuttle as it's climbing out of the atmosphere. The acceleration in that case is far worse as the Shuttle climbs vertically whereas this train would be moving horizontally, meaning you don't have the additive planetary gravitational pull to contend with...yet astronauts usually endure only 3 to 3.5g on lift off.

Besides, one would think that a passenger on such a train would not be your average joe citizen. You want to cross the country in 20 minutes, you make some concessions.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I know this thread is about America's underground rail system but since they deny the information to their public, interested people may find it of benefit to study what is known about the Russian underground systems, since we have more information about them.

Besides their infamous "Evil Mountain" complex in the Yamantau Mountains they are known to have several others existing in many places throughout the country, including under major cities. Despite various agreements it has now been revealed that additional underground nuclear missile launch bays were built to ensure a missile supremacy in the event of war. There is ample reason to believe that many of these were connected by subways for the secret ferrying of supplies and troops where American satellites could not see them.

One of the most "well-known" of the secret railways is the Metro-2 line which runs under Moscow and is intended to ferry important state officials quickly and secretly to a bunker located in Sharapovo where they are protected from nuclear strikes. There are several other such bunkers outside other major cities which may also have secret rail lines.

Just remember that the Americans matched the Soviets for every crazy scheme they came up with during the Cold War. Development of underground cities and rail lines to ensure survival in the event of nuclear war would have continued apace in both countries. The Americans also have the definite advantage living over the largest system of caverns and underground lakes in the world.

Here is an estimation of the location of the secret lines running underneath Moscow. www.metro.ru...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Scalamander]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is a great idea!

g's are all about acceleration / inertia, you can go 14000 km per hour or 14000000 km per hour without problem, the issue is getting to the speed - if you keep acceleration to something comfortable there won't pe a problem, the shuttle would spend half it's transit accelerating and the other half decelerating at the g's most comfortable to the passengers.

Sad that the US government has to waste money on war, which is all about puttimg YOUR money in the pockets of those that service the war

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Excellent find, jkrog08. Thanks for giving me more sleepless nights by reading stuff that makes people think I'm crazy... Boy, they have no idea. Muhahaha!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

They had it all worked out financialy and scientificaly. The only thing holding it back was the cost of it.

You must not get the meaning of the word financial.. Also its [financially] and. [scientifically]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
From what i seen and heard in my mind its very possible that such a thing could be built (if it doesnt already exists). I've only read about half the posts in this thread and it seems like the skeptics are only skeptical because they havn't done their home work and arent interested in finding a plausible conclusion.

seems to make sense though with the existence of DUMBS, and i doubt it would take hundreds of billions to actually create a system if the technology wasn't developed from scratch. The cost of a secret tunneling system would also be in the black budget which is in the trillions, for the secret service people i doubt cost is an issue. If theres a will theres a way, and dropping the importance of a underground transit system wouldn't be an option.

just imagine all the gas money they would save if they didn't have to use commoner highways to transport secret goodies!

-no witnesses
-no special transport vehicles
-no obligation to pay lower ranking service men for transporting
It's a win win situation in my eyes.

I'm willing to bet this leak of info is just the tip of the iceberg. If you want to go on the fringes of scientific fact they could build underground tunnels like hot cakes. No big rigs on highways, all imports would be taken right off the ports and shipped to there destination hours after arrival.

If aircraft can be equiped with lasers to destroy missles and melt tanks i'm pretty dam sure they can melt earthly bedrock and tunnel with satisfaction. Add up the facts and the pieces fall in place. I bet geologists would have fun being involved in projects like that. Maybe they'll strike oil, or decimate an indian burial ground? who knows, but it would be interesting none the less.

I just wouldn't want to be in those tunnels if the power went out, being stranded a mile underground with the next exit on the other side of the continent dosent seem like fun.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
this is a very interesting thread..i would like to hear more if anyone else has information on this than what was already given. Also to add some humor to the subject, there is underground tunnels everywhere in SLC (for many reasons, but i wont give a history lesson) and currently they are traveled by Golf carts, i wonder how long it would take to ride a golf cart to and from NY and LA

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Escape velocity to shoot an object into space from the surface of the earth is 25OOO MPH. So if they could accelerate and decelerate to 14000 MPH in the distance of the US, they could continue accelerating and launch into space for almost no cost. That would mean that we could all afford to go into space. I wish it were so.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yeah, it's not g-force that's a limiter. After all the SST could go to Mach 3 Mach 2. It wouldn't take 5,000 miles to reach that speed at a comfortable top G force. You'd just accelerate slowly and since there are no sharp turns, presumably, the passengers would never feel the speed.

With pneumatic tubes and a minimum of complexity, I'd think problems of friction and breakdown would be the real limiters of any such system.

Even if they could go that fast, for passenger travel, I think it would be limited to about Mach 3. Maybe cargo could be sent on faster tubes.

Edit: Correction - the SST didn't travel at Mach 3 I'm told.

The Concorde was capable of a maximum speed of Mach 2.2 and cruised at 2.04. That's roughly 1450mph.

Thanks, Z.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a pretty interesting thread, and at the cost of not going backward to find the post, i would like to raise the issue of G effects on the human body or NO G effects.

Now i beg of you to keep an open mind! IF, and a big IF, you believe in aliens and alien technology and IF we have, or had, access to this technology and assuming we know how their "flying machines", aka UFOs, work, then i guess we are good to go. Considering that it has been reported they can accelerate from zero to serious speeds (speculation), that would put the occupants at risk of becoming a pool of something biological in the seat they were occupying - we can assume there is some sort of neutralizing force within the vessel.

Now, back to this subterranean tunnel train - could the same technology not be used? Yes, possibly. Again, why would anyone even have an idea or design etc etc of something like this IF the dangers were pretty obvious. Regardless of technology restrictions, the first thought would be - "how does the human body stand up to that sort of acceleration/decelleration" and we can again assume they had the answer. So why go as far as to even suggest this as a possible form of transport? - Thinking?

So my point is, if this was a serious possibility/proposal OR is in operation
then there must be technology to counter any unwanted effects the human body would need to endure.

Damn i hope i was making sense.

But again, we already know we cannot withstand that sort of G force. HOWEVER, facing backward the human body can endure 50Gs without any serious aftereffects. So lets say even if we can tolerate 10% of that i guess the acceleration and deceleration stage wouldn't be that bad.

We know William Knight in a X-15A-2 reached a speed of 4,519 mph in 1967.

So it is 41 years later. 14, 000mph? Hell yeah - why not?? It is possible IMHO. We know the effectiveness of magnetic propulsion.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
First of all great thread! The one question that comes to mind in regards to the tunnels is; are they using existing tunnels discovered by archeology? These tunnels run all over the place on all continents. Also reported to have smooth walls, round in nature and straight.

I understand that some feel that we do not have the tech to produce such a transit system but, yes we do and have had since the 70's that I know of. I lost track of the aeronautical tech in 81 after the gov clamped down on the industry and the information. Most of which could be used in the VHST system.

G dampening has been possible since 73 with elimination possible by 78. Don't expect to see it used in the publics eyes anytime soon, too many question to answer. Just remember your gov has your best interests at heart
and such transit systems "don't" exist. They would tell you...right

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

No actually more than likely this hasn't been built since we don't currently have the technology to travel 14,000mph on the ground.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
what would be the point of traveling that fast on the ground. were would you go without running into something. its not rather we have the technology because they probobly do but wat purpose would it serve?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join