It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

The thing everyone here needs to remember is that with the capability of these Tunnel Boring Machines to be able to build a sealed wall behind it as it is actually digging through the Earth is where the time savings and cost efficiency work for its advantages

What do you mean they put a wall behind them as they go.Im not to familiar w/ engineering so could you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Okay jkrog08, you need to go watch the two YouTube videos I posted on My very first post to your thread here to see what I mean. You should watch both of them but I believe it is the second one that shows the process of building the tunnel walls behind the still moving Tunnel Boring Machinery. I found a link to Popular Mechanics here that talks about underground tunnels but I don't think it's particularly relevant to this thread but nonetheless it is fascinating material.

Popular Mechanics : Underground Tunnels

Here's a link on Popular Mechanics about magnetic levitation trains, there are three pages to this so pay attention :

Popular Mechanics : Magnetic Levitation Trains

[edit on 24-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"
Are there any viewports on the train?
Any advertisements in the cabins?
Any strange symbols are pictures, signs, placards in the train?
Do they play music?
What is the experience like, a train ride, or a plane ride?
Does mickey D's have it's own police force?
"

No, there are no view ports, or windows for that matter on the train.
The tunnel walls are all mere inches away from the vehicle during the trip, there's no need for windows.
There are advertisements by the companies involved within the train.
No strange symbols, nothing quite odd. There are bullitins and notices in the lobby's though- Along with comfortable chairs, and televisions.
The experience is kind of comparable to an airplane take off.

And no, not officially. It's employs it's own private police force waiting to take action.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay please get ready for some informational overload here. There is a "Google" Search spot in the upper right hand corner where you can put your own words for searches. There are 10 pages relevant to "tunnel boring machines" on there. I got the first two links on the first page for your viewing and informational education.

ATS Link 1 : Tunnel Boring Machine

ATS Link 2 : Tunnel Boring Machine

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

Well I dont think that all these people9phil schnider,the dulce security gaurd(costello)would lie about these tunnel systems.I found a web site with many perported entrances. I will post it my next post.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just for everyone's information, I ran the numbers:

To accelerate from 0 to 14,000 miles per hour at a semi-acceptable rate (say, at 1G), it would take 10.5 minutes, and you'd have gone 1200 miles in that time. I still think that's too high of an acceleration. Imagine the forces you feel while taking off in an airplane, and double that. Now imagine experiencing that for the entire trip (first as acceleration, then as deceleration). I don't think it would be pleasant.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i think the whole thing is possible and is most likely in effect now. i got kinda curious when i saw one stop was here in jacksonville on the map of the system. i know we have a few bases here but i dont know how much activity is really goin on. i like the idea and yes if they engineered this complex system and with all the things the govt has going on im sure solving the inercia problem wasnt hard and money, yea, theres nothing in this world that the Govt. couldnt get if they wanted too....

besides osama bin laden.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

I agree,we have money and means....it is said since 1947 our tech.(usa tech)has advanced 50 years per year!So I dont think inertia would be a problem.

Isnt it about 2400 miles from LA to NY ?Cause that calculation then would be accurate.10.5 minutes accel.........(to 14000 mph,if even for a brief second or less,in physics it makes sense that that velocity is reached then decelerated.or it would be faster!)10.5 min to decel.=21 minutes,just like they said!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You would have to slow down at each one of those turns.
I think something like this may be possible although I don't think they would be quite that fast.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by hoppy]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Alrighty.

First things first I have to say this thread has began hopping now and I like what I see so far.

Secondly. I just dove head first into this post with the thought of peering through the information just to see if there was anything new to anything out there. I have to say that there is plenty of information out there.

Thirdly. I was impressed with some of the other people's posts here.

Fourth. I was totally shocked to have come back after contributing several posts here to find a U2U from Cuhail awarding Me 500 Points for an "Applause" for contributing to this thread specifically.

I know this is off the topic of the thread a bit but I wanted to say thanks for the applause and points.

Back to the original topic of the thread which is high-speed transit systems utilizing tunnels underground to go from New York to Los Angeles at a purported 14000 miles per hour. I don't know specifically about that actual speed as the human body can only take so much pressure from the g-forces that it would take to go this speed.

Someone do the computational mathematics of traveling 14000 miles per hour using the "Mach" system and definition of Wikipedia here and figure out the formula which will tell us the exact amount of Mach you would have to be traveling to reach that speed :

Wikipedia : Mach

I know for a fact because I've talked to a fighter-pilot and watched enough of "Discovery Channel" and "History Channel" where a pilot usually blacks out at around Mach 7 but this is also talking about using the g-force of a controlled turn mixed with a high speed and not specifically a straight tunnel or a slightly curved tunnel system where the tunnel is sealed and or driven through a magnetic levitation engine.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Could you plz post the website you´ve found, about the entrances?

Also, the euro-tunnel from france to england is a technical masterpiece.
The first idea for such a tunnel was in 1802!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

Hey heres the link,it was posted on my OP.

Entrances?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i think all of those turns wouldnt really be felt by any passengers because the tunnel is probly has enough curvature to get it anywere it needs to go without affecting the speed or anything significantly. it would basically be the same concept as a test track. that is if they havnt eliminated the G's all together.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think mach speed has to do with air pressure, I dont think there is any mach speed in a vacuum.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I did the calculations(with the help of a NASA Mach calulator)
14000 mph at -500 ft below sea level(I guessed that would be a good estimate for the depth of the train)

It is Mach 18.3
Heres the link

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy

No,Mach was ORIGINALLY created pre-supersonic era by physicist Ehrnst Mach.Its does relate to air pressure but is also used as a smaller scale of measure ment for velocity(distance and direction an object moves over a given period of time)So it is kind like "warp" in Star Trek

[edit on 3/24/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
so by being in a vacuum could this enable the train or transprt system to move faster without having the air around as resistance. would an anti-gravity systeem be better than a vacuum?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

Well the vaccum is what allows the mag lev to go that fast in the first place.If it were like the EU maglevs it would max out at prolly around Mach 2 or 3,although the EU trains dont go that fast they could.
I dont think it would be logical to use anti gravity,because you already are getting an extreme(almost to fast) speed with mag-lev.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me about the Navy Nevada myth. Where California and Nevada is over a massive, underground network of flooded tunnels. Big enough to allow a submarine to travel from the Pacific Coast to Nevada.

Of course, this Transit system is more plausible than the underground waterways. Has anyone heard or met someone who has traveled on this transit system? Someone might have said something on a talk show, a book, magazine, something.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Yea,heres a link that should help:Dulce Security officer speaks out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join