It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes thanks, but no thanks

Just takes one little thing really doesn't it.
Suppose its no different from flying in a plane, normal train etc - one thing goes wrong its out your hands and pray to whoever you believe in, but there just seems something really deeply claustrophobic about these tunnels.

I don't even like going on the london underground.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Yeah well you can worry about everything... like dying in a plane crash without leaving your house

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

now thats upsetting

A plane dropping on your head while your having a brew!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
billions no trillions have been given to the military, do you seriously think that they could not afford to do this??
year on year the military admits that billions of pounds of funding is unaccounted for....stretch your imagination a little and it doesnt take long to realise where is all has disappeared

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I dont think it would be as expensive as you think,plus the its already been built more than likely,even if it hasnt I think the benefits would outweigh the cost by alot-think about all of our energy problems and transportation problems.

There is no "our" when it comes to the U.S. government, it is theirs... it's Their's that they created with OUR money. Don't kid yourself.. you think the U.S. government would willingly eliminate the need for petrol usage?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I think the G's exerted on the passengers of these trains just about makes it impossible....

Doesnt the space shuttle fly that fast as it orbits the Earth?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
14000mph = 22540km/hr = 6261m/s
6261=9.81 x t so time to accelerate to 6261m/s at 1g acceleration will be about 638second or 10.6 minutes

covering a distance of :
v^2 = 0 +2x9.81s

s= 1997967m or 1997.967km

distance from LA to NY about 4000km

probably not ideal to accelerate at 1g, as soon as you get to max speed you need to decelerate at 1g.

i guess 2g might still be comfortable, ive felt 2g in a light aircraft before and well, that wasnt really something pleasant.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
First of all great thread op!

reading through the thread i am starting to understand the technical aspects of what you are proposing one thing that has not yet come up though which i would like to know as i am not a techie is how do they create and maintain the vacuum within the tunnel?

any help on this would be appreciated

I leave you in the love and light of the creator...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by choos

i guess 2g might still be comfortable, ive felt 2g in a light aircraft before and well, that wasnt really something pleasant.

You're probably thinking of a negative 2g. That is an uncomfortable feeling, but a 2g feeling is pretty mundane. It would not create much discomfort to accelerate at 2g or more, as long as the seating was designed to account for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldlikecustard
First of all great thread op!

reading through the thread i am starting to understand the technical aspects of what you are proposing one thing that has not yet come up though which i would like to know as i am not a techie is how do they create and maintain the vacuum within the tunnel?

any help on this would be appreciated

Unfortunately the OP of this thread is one of our ATSers that has passed on. This was an old thread that is often resurrected, and is relevant at this time because of the odd sky sounds and earthquakes around the country.

I hope someone comes along with good ideas about how to evacuate tunnels of that length. I think that would be one of the hardest technological aspects.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
[more

Thank you for taking the time to reply good sir

I asked the question as i have read the whole thread and nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that as you said it would be one of the harder aspects of building something like vhst people seem to take it as a given it would be in a vacuum but as of yet nobody has come forward showing how.

I am not saying it can or can not be done just simply askikng for the knowledgable ATSers out there to help me better understand the real science of this matter.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Saw somethin on tv that showed it, much of the stone is literally burned away, so less leftover stone debris.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Optix

I blieve the tech is magnetic in design,but it is also in a vaccum-that is what alows such high speeds.The sonic booms arnt heard cause its in a vaccum-thus no air and sound waves to propigate.As far as inertia goes I have heard two theroies

Very interesting. Maybe the system has endured stresses which has breached the vacuum status of said system. There have been multiple massive earthquakes in the past few years which could have breached any kind of air tight system contained in the ground. Notably Japan.

I didn't notice it before but these loud booms have been reported after the Japan quake. Maybe this system is actually functional but the tunnels have cracks releasing sound waves. Most people claim its "booms". If you've ever heard a subway, you can clearly hear each car passing.

Very very interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Acoording to my calculation you could get to 10,000 MPH in around 20 minutes, pulling less than half a gee. that's 40 minutes accelerating AND decelerating combined at an average rate of 5,000 MPH AND you will have traveled ~3300 miles in that time having only experienced around half a gee. A trip from NY to LA made in an hour would be quite comfortable, provided seats reverse and accel/decel were constant.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomowen20A trip from NY to LA made in an hour would be quite comfortable, provided seats reverse and accel/decel were constant.

That IS in the plan

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The issue here isn't if it's possible to travel at speeds of up to 14,000 mph because quite frankly no one even knows if this is true let alone at what speed it can travel up to. I personally think there's an underground transit system but I wouldn't get into exactly how my mph it could travel because that's beside the point. Also beside the point is the monetary issue. If you think our government lets us know exactly how much money they have or even if their using any money at all to fund these secret projects than you're most likely deluded. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes and niether do I but I'd be willing to bet my life that money isn't an issue. I really wanna find out what the hell is going on. I feel like a lot of stuff that's been happening in the past 65 years are all correlated to one big event that's about to unfold, I haven't put my finger on it yet but it seems like its going to be the biggest event in recorded history.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Drezden
There is no "our" when it comes to the U.S. government, it is theirs... it's Their's that they created with OUR money. Don't kid yourself.. you think the U.S. government would willingly eliminate the need for petrol usage?

England's greatest physicist after Newton, Michael Faraday, once gave a demonstration in the early-mid 180'0's about his discoveries in electromagnetism to William Gladstone, Chancellor of the Exchequer and future Prime Minister. Mr Gladstone asked about the value of such a useless oddity. Faraday replied that he has no sepcific idea, but added, "One day sir, you may tax it."

So yes, they would eagerly eliminate the need for petrol usage.

Whatever is to replace petrol would be taxed equivalently, and the strategic position of the U.S. improved.

In the USA, the motive is especially strong because unlike most other nations, the U.S. government does not own most of the underground mineral resources---they are owned by the private landowners of the surface.

edit on 28-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The 51st of America is the National security state and its all underground paid for by taxpayers. Your not invited to see it, be aware of it, or use it. Makes you feel wanted doesnt it.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here's a train at 350mph. www.youtube.com...=161

I cant imagine what 14000mph would look like.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join