It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Very interesting thread! If government knowledge of technology is 50-100 years beyond our own, its possible that something like this exists.

I have heard of theories of laser-based machines that can melt rock and seal it instantly for tunnels such as described in this thread. In fact, there are commercial application being designed and used now.

Link

If TPTB are years ahead of this sort of technology, it could be conceivable that they also perfected propulsion and braking issues. Also, as another post stated, if the tunnels were vaccum tight then there would be no problem with sonic booms. Could the vaccum also serve as propulsion?

This technology would allow the construction of these tunnels to remain much more secretive, also using much smaller crews and heavy machinery.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Optix

I blieve the tech is magnetic in design,but it is also in a vaccum-that is what alows such high speeds.The sonic booms arnt heard cause its in a vaccum-thus no air and sound waves to propigate.As far as inertia goes I have heard two theroies
1.It gradually speeds up.
2.It uses inertial dampening.

I cannot find any information on inertial dampening that says it's real.. only in theory.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Okay this guy doesn't have the power to make his 'trains' go at 14'000mph or what not.

However, he made his own subway system. So I would say a company or organisation could pull the tunnel system off at least:

englishrussia.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lizard King
Not to mention,
the math does not add up.

Yes Math is a problem sometimes..

the volume of concrete used to build Hoover Dam was 4.4 million cu yd 4400000 (3.36 million cu m).

2000 mile tube x 15 yard diameter = a removed volume of material of about 50 cubic yards per yard of tunnel..

1750 yards x 50 = cubic yards per mile or 87,500 cu yards per MILE

87,500 X 2000 miles = 175, MILLION cubic yards of material to be removed...

So the United States has built an underground tunnel that requires the removal of 40 times the material placed in situ to build Hoover Dam...

Hoover Dam took 6 years to build while it was out in the wide open..

And there is no legally binding evidence of such a wonder of the known world.

The big pyramid in Egypt

The volume, including an internal hillock, is roughly 2,500,000 cubic meters.

We just built something that is and resulted in a pile of rock somewhere, that is roughly 70 times of the size of the Great Pyramid of Egypt...and 40 times the size of Hoover Dam.. and we did this underground....

And we kept it a secret?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by seataka]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well I'll be!

This may just explain why Nancy Pelosi looks like she's been standing in a wind tunnel for years. LoL

But if we do have this then why does the President still fly Air Force One to the west coast? I can see Air Force Two needing to come here so that if something happened to the tunnel or he needed to leave somewhere else in short time he could. Or maybe he does and AF1 is just a ruse.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I'm calling B.S. for the same reason another poster made in regards to 14,000 mph being the equivalent of Mach 18.7.

For comparison, here are the current speed records:

Land Speed Record - 768 mph (rocket-assisted)
Rail Speed Record - 581 mph (using Maglev technology)
Air Speed Record - 2,194 mph (manned - Military record)
Air Speed Record - 7,546 mph (unmanned - Military record)

Granted, there were unmanned rocket sled on rails tests performed by the Military that could achieve up to Mach 8.5. However, these were in closed, controlled environments and could never sustain those speeds for long periods of time.

The basic fact of the matter comes down to G-Force being the distinguishing difference between unmanned and manned speeds. The human lung cannot function and breathe in air if experiencing greater than a couple of G's. The rest of the human body itself cannot sustain forces much greater than that (run a hamster through a high speed centrifuge if you want an example of what happens...just don't let PETA know).

If the Underground Bullet Train theory had stated speeds of 500-700mph then it might be plausible and remotely believable. However, claiming that not only does an entire secret underground rail system exist without it leaking out, but it operates faster than anything else the government has is too far of a stretch. Stating that it is used for transporting personnel instead of being unmanned cargo transport, takes even more of the believability away.

Sorry, I simply can't swallow that whopper of a tale...especially since our national leaders use Air Travel even during times of National Emergency.

Every single manned rocket to leave orbit has gone those speeds and the iss cruises at them, the iss does so in a vacuum which goes with what the op has stated.

How they could manage to pull anywhere near a vacuum over 2000 + miles of tunnels would be fascinating to hear.

Also there is other methods that minimize drag like an air spike that are now old tech.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.bbc.co.uk...

the UK's 14 MPH slow speed tunnel system (second link!)

[edit on 2/6/2010 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
As some of you might know the U.S. is rumored to have a secret highspeed "VHST"(very high speed tranist system).It is used from anywhere to shuttling workers around secret underground bases,to use by favored corporations,shadow government personal,black ops,etc.It is rumored to cruise at speeds of 14,000 mph!!Making a trip from L.A. to N.Y. in 21 minutes!!!.

Can we afford not to make this move if this is true,lets get this in the public-this will solve all our energy/transportation problems RIGHT NOW!
Entrances?

Now i am not a jet pilot myself, but i think they are tested to see how may G's their bodies can take before they are allowed to start with their basic training. Does anybody know the max G's, both positive and negative, that anyone has ever survived?

I do believe it was at a much slower acceleration and deceleration than what would be needed to travel across the US in 12 minutes...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Optix

to answer your sonic boom question is pretty straight forward, "vacuums"........if theirs no air in the tunnel than traveling speed would be as limit-less as if you were in space.(no air-pressure to create such a boom)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

14,000 mph is retardedly fast, i agree, but the inter-national space station is moving this fast 24hrs of the day because is in the vacuum of space. this tech is very possible if you were a government that hid technology from its people ever since the 30-20s and probably further back in time but any-way, what im trying to say is that if a government that flew to mars and back in the 60s is the same one who stole different ET tech to build super-transit for(not its public faces like obama and the politicians and such)its non-Public leaders(like extremely high-clearance personal) can you be surprised at all?

this is openly collected non-contradictive information taken from some of David wilcockʻs work

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The G forces would not be a problem, because G forces have nothing to do with speed and everything to do with acceleration. So as long as it's not trying to break some "0 to 14,000" record, you're in good shape. Just have a gentle acceleration until the car is up to speed.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Concerning the VHST system, Sounds like you are looking at a T.A.U.S.S. or a electromagnetic suspension (EMS) systems

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I think the G's exerted on the passengers of these trains just about makes it impossible....

That's exactly what I said. Even if they could replicate such a vacuum, which I highly doubt in such a Mammoth capacity, the stress on it's human occupants would be devastating.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
The G forces would not be a problem, because G forces have nothing to do with speed and everything to do with acceleration. So as long as it's not trying to break some "0 to 14,000" record, you're in good shape. Just have a gentle acceleration until the car is up to speed.

The slightest exertion at such speeds would tear a human apart, unless you slowly accelerated and there were absolutely no turns, what so ever. Just the acceleration to such speeds to keep a person from being ripped apart would be hours and then the slow down would be the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

The slightest exertion at such speeds would tear a human apart, unless you slowly accelerated and there were absolutely no turns, what so ever. Just the acceleration to such speeds to keep a person from being ripped apart would be hours and then the slow down would be the same.

That is completely untrue, check your math.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I stand corrected. The shuttle goes from 0 to 17,000 mph in 8.5 minutes. I still, however, find this form of transportation near impossible with todays technology. That is as a ground based transportation. Ramjets are suppose to also reach such speeds, but as far as I know, these speeds have only been tested with unmanned craft.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
I wonder what kind of tech is used to achieve that speed? magnets? Also where are all the sounds of sonic booms going?14,000 mph is way over the sound barrier.

My guess is the air is probably sucked out of these tunnels to avoid wind resistance...no air means no sonic boom.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Great thread, things like this really intrest me, I recently found something out about my home town, the whole city centre has a huge underground bunker/tunnels/communication centre and other stuff due to a nuclear attack that they was expecting, from what ive read.

But I love these secret underground buildings/transit, anything basically that the public is not supposed to know, I would not put it past them the whole earth is probably hollow in spots.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
I'm serious.
I take the under ground system to work, every day.
We call it the HVT.
Hyper Velocity Train.

Most of the Navy guys I have talked to just call it "The Tube"

And I am pretty sure one station is right below the Luxor in Vegas, which is directly across from the Janet terminal

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Are there any viewports on the train?
Any advertisements in the cabins?
Any strange symbols are pictures, signs, placards in the train?

Dulce Station

Underground Train Station Dulce Pictures

edit on 9-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join