It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Also it is said that the new TBMs vitrify the dirt, thus making a smooth wall around the tunnel.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
i wonder how my stomach would feel after that trip

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by daonde

Probably fine because the g-forces aren't severe due to gradual acceleration and 360 degree swiveling chairs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
unerground transit systym that can take you from new york to la.. in under a half hour.. and all this was done in complete secret.... hmmm would of taken thousands and thousands of workers to pull something like that off.. and they all kept quiet about it, amazing, and here it is 2008,, and we cant even get a picture of it??? there must not be any women involved in the project... cuz like they say... . telegraph,, telephone.. television... tellawoman.. (grin)

Thousands and thousands of workers? Where did you come up with that number?

What is the minimum crew for a TBM? For the entire operation? I bet it could be down with less than 100 since we are just pulling #'s out of the air.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm calling B.S. for the same reason another poster made in regards to 14,000 mph being the equivalent of Mach 18.7.

For comparison, here are the current speed records:

Land Speed Record - 768 mph (rocket-assisted)
Rail Speed Record - 581 mph (using Maglev technology)
Air Speed Record - 2,194 mph (manned - Military record)
Air Speed Record - 7,546 mph (unmanned - Military record)

Granted, there were unmanned rocket sled on rails tests performed by the Military that could achieve up to Mach 8.5. However, these were in closed, controlled environments and could never sustain those speeds for long periods of time.

The basic fact of the matter comes down to G-Force being the distinguishing difference between unmanned and manned speeds. The human lung cannot function and breathe in air if experiencing greater than a couple of G's. The rest of the human body itself cannot sustain forces much greater than that (run a hamster through a high speed centrifuge if you want an example of what happens...just don't let PETA know).

If the Underground Bullet Train theory had stated speeds of 500-700mph then it might be plausible and remotely believable. However, claiming that not only does an entire secret underground rail system exist without it leaking out, but it operates faster than anything else the government has is too far of a stretch. Stating that it is used for transporting personnel instead of being unmanned cargo transport, takes even more of the believability away.

Sorry, I simply can't swallow that whopper of a tale...especially since our national leaders use Air Travel even during times of National Emergency.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

wasnt in ID movie, 1400.00 hammer, 2800.00 toliet seat, at that rate wouldnt be hard to get the dough you need to build any thing you wanted

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
May explain the strange noises and rumblings that people have been talking about.

There even have been some talk of earth tremor activity that looks different on the seismic scale then some other well know quake activity.

Next question is why has the activity picked up to the point of sudden notice.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
my uncle told me about this about 10 years ago. when he worked for the government he talked about this that you could go from california to dc in about 30 miniutes. the papers i seen later conf. it was real.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

Can you provide some possible sources? I would be interested in thes epapers or what your dad said.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
well i can try to. havent seen my uncle in several years due to his work that "dosent exist" and wouldent know what he would say if i just came out and asked him for the documents or if i snached and grabed

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

LOL, was it your uncle? My bad..

If you could that would be great. The only semi-official docs I have seen were RAND sketches and US patents.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
is it true there is a tunnel machine that can actually melt its way through the rock instead of excavating it???? if so something like this prob does exist...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharpest
reply to post by jkrog08

Facing a different way would make no difference, and I have no idea how such a damper system could possibly work-such a device has not been shown to exist.

it actually would because of a dampening device it would cause a drop in the inertia because of it being magnetic would also allow for a safer accel/decel

also with the chairs positioned like that would help immensely..

does anyone know where the location is in san francisco?
get my spelunking gear out

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Land Speed Record - 768 mph (rocket-assisted)
Rail Speed Record - 581 mph (using Maglev technology)
Air Speed Record - 2,194 mph (manned - Military record)
Air Speed Record - 7,546 mph (unmanned - Military record)

Granted, there were unmanned rocket sled on rails tests performed by the Military that could achieve up to Mach 8.5.

Many Ufos have been seen doing up to 100000 mph outside our atmosphere. The unknown holds so many possibillities so i think its possible,
What about an Ion propulsion drive?
We know they have developed them in nasa

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There is no such thing as "too expensive" in an economy that is floated by fiat money. Think about the absurdity of that statement. There is a press, which rolls sheets of 100's off like they are newspapers.

Cheers-
Phil

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Phil Jayhan]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Sonic booms and the overall vibration of the system would be major problems. Also exactly how do you stop something traveling 14,000 MPH in a normal fashion. Where did the money for this come from and why was it built? I am not buying this.

As I said THERE IS NO SONIC BOOMS,it is in a vaccum.As far as the money-have you heard of the black budget-that is where the majority of defense dollars go.Now for stopping it it prolly uses reverse polarity.
It was built for rapid transit across the U.S.,possibly the world.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by jkrog08]

[edit on 3/24/2008 by jkrog08]

A vacuum eh? So every single passenger wears a pressurised suit not unlike what high-altitude pilots and astronauts need? As their blood would boil in a vacuum otherwise.

Or perhaps you are stating that the tunnels are vacuums and that the cabins are pressurised? I do not believe for a moment that there is a technologically practical and economically feasible means of creating a vacuum through a series of tunnels which apparently run all across North America. Bullsh**

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Can we afford not to make this move if this is true,lets get this in the public-this will solve all our energy/transportation problems RIGHT NOW!
Entrances?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

What if the energy source is more expensive and even more dirty to the environment would it not become a problem, 14,000 is fast on land and should require special energy source and material to build rail and tracks..?Just a thought.

[edit on 5/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If UFOs are human controlled, which I suspect at least SOME of them must be, then just put one of those in a tunnel. Done!

Now lets get back to working on that time machine

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharpest
reply to post by jkrog08

Even with the so-called black budget, there is no way in Hades America could afford this with current technology.

How do you know what the current technology is?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Not saying I believe this but it's possible that it could go faster than aircraft. Create an airless tunnel and maglev and friction pretty much disappears. How fast you can alternate poles on a magnet seems to be the speed limit

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join