It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by John Briggs

What part of Illinois do you live?I too live in Illinois(Bloomington-Normal).

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sharpest

Magnetic dampening systems have been around and in use for decades - many roller coasters use them as since they can more gently and predictably regulate de-acceleration - they also use the mechanical brakes as a backup in case of power outages.

The human body has survived up to 42G's in rocket sled tests at White Sands - it's being shown on the current History Channel. 9 G's is generally accepted limit for pilots who still need to control the aircraft. I've been in a jet fighter that pulled 5 g's and I lost vision until g-forces dropped down to 3-gs. Also the orientation of the body with respect to G-force direction has a bearing to resistance, with the back properly supported is the best for positive g-force, negative G's are not well tolerated due to the inability to effectively support the front of one's body.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

Axtually in area 51 they have a new substance that they have obtained from aliens that allows them to move at high speeds. This substance has no mass so it will never run out.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You could prove this rather easily if you had the means. Let's say there are a few thousand people who have traveled from NY to LA using this underground tunnel. There are several means for tracking this, take their cell phones for instance. One minute they are using a tower in NY, 30 minutes later their cell phone is contacting a tower in LA.

Also a handful might get a parking ticket in NY and then one in LA an hour or so later, if they can take their cars or even rentals, which would raise a flag if people actually looked for these weird occurrences. I am sure if you brainstormed long enough you might find a method actually doable. Credit card statements would be another good method in discovering the existence of these super fast travelers.

There might be a policy where they have to follow certain rules to avoid detection but there is always someone who either forgets or doesn't follow the rules. If you could get someone on the inside to leak you some data of people you would suspect to have access to such a transit system you could write a program to go through and search for the "impossible" circumstances. If you are willing to break the law and do it yourself then it is relatively easy to do.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
how would this system protect itself from earthquakes?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ok just a random thought here....but when fighter pilots are maneuvering at high speeds they where a G suit, just like when the astronauts launch into space. Now is it possible if we have the technology for these underground tunnels, that we could possible have a G suit capable of withstanding higher G's then normal?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The tech is there and has been for more than a decade. check out youtube andPhil Schneider- Top secret underground military bases. they have the tech now to drill with lasers, deflagurate the rock or melt it to form the walls of these tunnels bypassing say for instance gunnite. The black budget back in the mid nineties was 1.2 trillion every 2 years.
They can bore 2 miles in 1 day.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharpest
reply to post by jkrog08

Even with the so-called black budget, there is no way in Hades America could afford this with current technology.

Black Budget funds is simply a formality for all those who snoop because an accounting is required. Black Budget is a front..In this relm of super classified operations in technology.. money doesnt matter.
Funds do not have any roll whatsoever of what gets built and researched at this level. Besides..almost all the ETs do not have monetary systems.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I found this animated video to how a Tunnel Boring Machine works.

T.B.M. : Animated Video

I knew this would be interesting since it's a large part of how I understand tunnels to be built via the T.B.M.'s

[edit on 6-3-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe this is reality already. When I was 6-9 years old I had reoccurring dreams and memories about designing a train system like this in a vacuum tube, with no pressure inside to compensate for G-Forces, propelled by pulsating magnetic current throughout the tube. In dreams the ride in these trains were smooth like sitting in your couch at home. The dreams were so vivid I remember them all these years later, and believe today that magnets hold the key to our next stage of technological advances.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hey,sorry I haven't been on here for awhile I have been away.SKL,thanks for that "Venus" info.It is interesting about(and this is all I am really going to say on the topic,as I do not want to veer off topic)the ET's not having monetary systems,I have heard that as well,and think it would work here with (ALOT) of changes.I am currently looking for some new info and will post about the "Venus" if it is okay with SKL.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharpest
Cool idea, way, way, way, way too expensive.

Rumsfeld Sept 10, 2001: The Pentagon cannot account for $2.3 TRILLION
Is it really? Too expensive?

That was just 2 years of missing funds.
It could fund high speed underground rail system..no?

or, the Bush's and middle east buddies got it, like U.S. sent $4 billion CASH on pallets to Baghdad!! No one got receipts.

It is affordable. There's more missing than just these three incidents

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Dude, in order to make a super massive underground world you would have to dig out a bunch of dirt from underneath the Earth and pile it up somewhere. Somebody would have already Google Mapped "big pile of dirt" and uncovered this astonishing conspiracy of Ant People.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sorry I only bothered to read page 1, but in elementary school I made a project of a small rail that used magnets to propel the train and it worked alright... we theorised that if we were to electrify the magnets a section at a time the magnets ahead would not push the train backwards, and therefore by reversing polarity it will be propelled forward. Kind of how a bullet train works. I think it is very possible but true? I do not know

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Of course we had the technology... The military knew all about anti-gravity and UFO technology even back then. You don't think they could make a tube, take all the air out and throw some tracks and a train in there? That's really all it comes down to. When you have no air, there is no resistance... Think about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This would very cool!It would be cool to live in montana but work in arizona.Or live in Florida but work in Seattle.Imagine a global network.High speed bullet trains already exist in japan.As far as expense goes,probably cheaper than we think.Maybe people should pay more attention to the Boob tube as they put it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for this thread, hopfully it wont be marked as "fiction" ! Now where were we...ohh yeah the video of the UFO Hunters shows that USAF tunnling machine, that was the first time I seen the whole machine. Most pics are just the front half. coolness.

I would still like to know where that Pyramid building was in Video#6....anyone??

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Would you want to post those vids on this thread? I would be grateful, and I have no idea about the pyramid.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Dude, in order to make a super massive underground world you would have to dig out a bunch of dirt from underneath the Earth and pile it up somewhere. Somebody would have already Google Mapped "big pile of dirt" and uncovered this astonishing conspiracy of Ant People.

...so the thought didn't occur to you that they put the dirt back over the tunnel after they dug, thus concealing the tunnels??

Where would the logic be in collecting all that dirt and piling it up in some random place? Come on, think before you post.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join