It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Can you give any more specific details than you have already? Anything about the city that makes it special, for instance a business that essentially owns the whole town? These are indicators that there is a possibility for what you are claiming. You've got to look for subtle clues like this that bring this stuff to the light of day in any way. Speculation of course is what this is called but if you speculate then do some digging (pun intended) of your own into more relevant facts you can go far with this.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm a little late to the party, but here's some calculations assuming the train gradually acellerates until the halfway point, and then gradually decellerates.

distance from New York to LA 2462 miles
= 3962205 m
3962205 m in 22 minutes = 3002 m/s (average speed)
maximum speed = 3002 m/s X 2 = 6004 m/s
acceleration = 6004 m/s in 10 minutes
= 10.01 m/s/s
G Force = 10.01 m/s/s / 9.8 m/s/s = 1.021 G

Quite a comfortable ride! The seats could be mounted on overhead swings, so that the rider always experiences about 1G downward! A damper system could be added so that the seats don't rock too much.

Heck, you could probably make the trip in 5 minutes without seriously hurting anyone. Although, the passengers might pass out.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by phl0gist0n]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
let's see, the space shuttle accelerates to 18,000 mph (7.9 km/s, Mach 25) in 8.5 minutes.

Last I checked, astronauts didn't die nor pass out from the acceleration to low earth orbit or deceleration to land.

The Shuttle experiences about 3-4 Gs on liftoff and about 2-3 Gs on return.

The Apollo experienced around 8 Gs on liftoff and consider that escape velocity from earth orbit is 25,300 mph (11.3 km/s, Mach 37).

So all this talk about acceleration/g-force/etc. is impossible for humans to deal with is to not consider what we already accomplish, and what we have been accomplishing for nearly half a century.

Yes, some humans cannot handle g-forces. Even the mild ones on a spider ride at a fair/carnival/amusement park. Most handle the Gs on the Disney/Epcot ride. KSC just opened a new ride that pulls 4 Gs that simulates the shuttle launch.

So, how can you logically argue against a train system going 14,000 mph, when we send people up to space (or at least low earth orbit) faster than that on a routine basis in less than 9 minutes. Therefore, it seems feasible on technology that got us to twice that speed to reach the moon back in the time this info is from, that we could not only accelerate to 14,000 mph and decelerate back to 0 mph in a 30 minute trip from L.A. to NYC, but also have a 10-15 minute cruise time at 14,000 mph without pulling more than 3 Gs on getting up to and slowing down from that speed.

As a species, we tend to make things sound or seem impossible in our minds by attaching pre-conceived notions or using terms that exaggerate the difficulty. Imagine telling someone in 1875 that we would fly through the air at 25 times the speed of sound 100 years later in a sky ship that could also go into space and visit the moon reaching speeds of 37 times the speed of sound. To them, 100 mph was insanely fast, and 1,000 was inconceivable, so to tell them we would go 25,000 mph would put you in a looney bin.

Does this prove that the train system exists? No. But it does show that it was technically and physiologically possible to have a system that could reach those speeds and humans handle the minimal forces that would be exerted on them.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Do you still live in the area,I live in Illinois(Bloomington),does the sound still happen consistantly?I starred for your reply it could really help.Thanx

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You guys are all talking about this train and how it cant transport people due to G force... ever considered that it doesnt transport people but equipment that the US Government would pay billions of dollars a year to maintain and keep secret. The equipment may be that of top secret alien technology to bases of research. If the President needed to get from LA to New York he takes Air Force One not this secret transit system. Therefore the president is not important enough to travel on it (if so the stuff it does transport is of very very high value) OR it cant trsport people therefore it must transport something else... but what??

[edit on 29-3-2008 by C.G.B.Spender]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wouldn't the G-forces at that speed be a problem for most people?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

NO,if you had read the ENTIRE post(I mean no hostility)you would hav heard multiple ways to compinsate for this effect.You really wouldnt have to since you could comfortably accel. to 14000mph w/o g forces above 1.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
the g's aren't a problem really - i've been on the ride at the space centre, which was great bTW! and it wasn't at alll unpleasant.

the think that i just can't get over, is the fact that constructing something like this would (have) require(d) such huge excavations and man power and equipment that there is no way that it would have stayed a secret. just think about the enormous effort it took to make the uk's channel tunnel or the boston big dig, now imagine that level of activity across the length and breadth of the US, its going to be huge and not easilly explained away!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by C.G.B.Spender

good point, transport of good is a great reason for such a thing.

but, to counter your point of the POTUS not using it, of course not publically, if this exists. The POTUS is watched by media rather heavily. If no one saw him leave D.C. but ended up in Portland an hour or two later, I think a few eyebrows would be raised.

Of course he would use AF1 and a motorcade unless going to a 'secret' meeting or something along that line of thinking ... possibly visiting underground bases.

I really don't see the logistics problem, since, we have developed a lot of technology, built a lot of installations out of the public eye. They wouldn't have waved howdy and told you they were drilling across country, it would all be very hush, which is something our gov't is good at. look at how much unclassified documents are still blacked out.

I am merely saying this is completely possible, not that it surely exists, with the tech from that time, and the human body can withstand a good amount of g-force before becoming uncomfortable, if the person is well adjusted.

Here is something you should consider about g-forces and the human body (quote chopped by me to conserve space/not have an excessive quote):

Human g-force experience

* Fuji Q Highland, an amusement park in Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi, Japan, used to operate a shuttle coaster named Moonsault Scramble that subjected riders to 6.2 g in the track's high speed pretzel element. The Texas Tornado reached 6.7 g.
* Paraglider pilots can experience 6 g or more in spiral dives.
* Although the safety of the NASCAR stock cars is high, NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jeff Gordon experienced the third highest ranked g-force crash recorded by NASCAR at the 2006 Pennsylvania 500 race at Pocono Raceway with an unprecedented 64 g crash. Gordon reported that at the time, it was the hardest hit he ever took in a car.
* Pilots in the Red Bull Air Race commonly exceed 10 g for seconds during turns, occasionally surpassing 12 g.[citation needed]
* Formula One drivers usually experience 5 g while braking, 2 g while accelerating, and 4 to 6 g while cornering. Every Formula One car has an ADR (Accident Data Recovery) device installed, which records speed and g-force. According to the FIA Robert Kubica of BMW Sauber experienced 75 g during his 2007 Montreal GP crash. [6]

Strongest g-forces survived by humans

Voluntarily:
Colonel John Stapp in 1954 sustained 46.2 g in a rocket sled, while conducting research on the effects of human deceleration.[9][10]

Involuntarily:
Formula One racing car driver David Purley survived an estimated 179.8 g in 1977 when he decelerated from 173 km/h (108 mph) to 0 in a distance of 66 cm (26 inches) after his throttle got stuck wide open and he hit a wall.[2]

Indy Car driver, Kenny Bräck crashed on lap 188 of the 2003 race at Texas Motor Speedway. Bräck and Tomas Scheckter touched wheels, sending Bräck into the air at 200+ mph, hitting a steel support beam for the catch fencing. According to Bräcks' site his car recorded 214 g.[11]
Source: Wiki: G-force

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
so theres really nothing left but to prove that its actually there. any attempt to say it isnt possible has been shot down with evidence.

anyone wanna help me dig?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

There might be ways to prove it exsist's,someone on here posted that they hear deep rumbling and that the map shos it goes through their area,I happen to live close to them-somewhat.I would be willing to try and go there and see what I can learn-but that poster hasnt been back on.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I saw a picture that similar to that one (two vacuum tubes) a long time ago, around the 80's. Only not a rumor but a future concept. There are 4 types of railway system, the vacuum one is the fastest (number 4). I forget what number 3 is, I think it's maglev.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

This is a meg lev-in a vaccum tube to eliminate friction and air resistance.Also it is widely believed that tech we consider "future"has already been done by the us/possibly other countries gov.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
According to the movie Loose Change witnesses claimed to have seen transport taking place underneath WTCII. Many passengers were said to be hauled off to NASA headquarters in Ohio.

Has anyone else ever considered these underground tunnels to possibly be the vehicle of transport? I don't know if anyone has ever asked this question, but I think it's a very important question nonetheless. Has anyone doing 9/11 research looked into this?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
I wonder what kind of tech is used to achieve that speed? magnets? Also where are all the sounds of sonic booms going?14,000 mph is way over the sound barrier.

The sound would have to be diffused some how to not cause tremors or things of that nature. Maybe through some way of using materials or placing the paneling on the surrounding walls or plasma shields.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by sd7000]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
According to the movie Loose Change witnesses claimed to have seen transport taking place underneath WTCII. Many passengers were said to be hauled off to NASA headquarters in Ohio.

While I was at NASA in Ohio I was taken to a building in the back it was called the Anti-Gravity Tower. It was in the back of the facitlity. It was really intresting. I wasn't allowed in it. It went 500 ft below ground.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Can you elaberate more on this "911 escape",as to who saw this,etc.

Also to 7000:There would be no sonic boom,the train is in a vaccum-sound is a comprssion wave-it needs a medium to travel through where as light is an electromagnetic wave that needs no medium.

Vaccum=no air=no sound=no sonic boom

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

In the film it said from an eyewitness account that underneath WTCII who said something like they had a bus underneath WTCII and he was instructed to leave the area, he said something like if I went any further they would have shot me.

If you haven't seen this film yet, it is on Google video. I haven't had a chance to check out "Loose Change: Final Cut" yet but I wonder if they have investigated this any further.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Was this DURING the 9/11 attacks?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, as a possible lead to the $400,000+ worth of missing gold.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by 12.21.12]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join