It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas 14,000mph secret transit system

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You wont find anything after 1972 on this u.s. tunnel system,the system 12.21.12 is speaking of is well known.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's not beyond reason when you know the funds come from high oil prices and CIA funneled drugs into the US since 1960's......

reply to post by sharpest

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If something like this did exist, what would be the point of keeping
it a secret? If they only want the privileged to use it, then they
can make the fare expensive.

We would all love our own private jet when flying, but only the
super rich can afford that.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

This topic reminds me of a hoax E-Mail chain letter.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

To what are you refering to,I assue you this is no hoax and likely very real-and only the tip of the perverbial "iceberg".

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Okay- so I had some questions and used roller coaster and thrill ride technology. I was ignored on this thread- possibly tossed aside and not even read. Which is fine. Not offended.

I contacted a thrill ride engineer firm and told them what we were discussing (I did not mention ATS). Henry told me I was very smart and very correct. This company does purchase old patent rights which are no longer used because the technology is antiquated. This engineering firm then incorporates this technology and applies it to design ideas.

Henry was specifically impressed with my use of the Maverick roller coaster technology as the coaster could not attain the momentum and control to perform the maneuvers in the traditional way as it would need to be over 750 feet tall and released in order to complete the track circuit which would upon returning to the station probably break every bone in the human body.

He went on further to say that the race to purchase/lease patent technology is the most competitive part of ride design. Some of this technology to achieve the desired results in new ride design which is already long antiquated by government and military installations- is mind blowing and IS available by the government and government sponsored/supported private contractors. He said he read a patent that would allow a vehicle to be carried into near orbit and return to the point of origin (ride station) in the theme park with no physical after effects. This lease patent is available but is not cost effective for implementation. Henry said its a matter of money. a thirty day lease of this technology would be in excess of 500 million dollars (the value of more than one theme park). After a month you would need to re-new the lease for the same amount or more- or dismantle the ride!

ppffft!

I knew there was a connection. Henry is a very cool guy who did not find my reasoning something to be ignored. I learn more by being blown off in this thread!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Noone was blowing you off,you provided great insight into my thread,and I thank you for it,there is just so many post coming in on this thread hat some get looked over.I hope you will continue to provide your insight while enjoying this thread,thank you.I must say that I am still awaiting this "map"of the tunnel system and will post it when I get it with the senders permission.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by MouseOnMars

I SUGGEST YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD-NOT BITS AND PIECES AND COME TO A SWIFT AND IGNORENT JUDGEMENT(ATS IS AFTER ALL TO "DENY IGNORENCE"

With all due respect I've been here long enough to know that it's a waste of time reading 7+ pages of total crap. Every single time this subject is brought up it falls flat on it's face and descends straight into idle speculation and fantasy on the first page. Nobody asks the real questions, and when they do, all that people like you can come up with is EXACTLY the sort of post you made. You completely ignored all my questions and just critised me for something that you assumed to be true.

I don't see how having a "buddy who has seen an entrance" can translate to a trans national underground rail network of trains approaching speeds of 14,000 mph. Nor do I see how there is even any shred of evidence to support this whole theory. Just because there ARE secret underground bases doesn't mean that there's a rail network linking them all. The subject of underground bases is very interesting but this just takes it way too far.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
people nothing will ever make sens in this thread till u bring alliens into this picture; this is their technology and yes they have been using these among cia/nsa/military personel;we need wake up to this allien reality;and yes we are not alone; and yes we are not product of the evolution and yes we have other species in our government see this
www.freewebs.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by k3456789

Aliens have absolutely nothing to do with TBM technology. I am not now, nor am I referring to aliens here as being real. Tunnel Boring Machines are simple machinery that are made in order to do a job that for other work forces and equipment would take forever to do and would cost all kinds of money that would be so much more that way. I'm not sure if that's what this post was referring to but if it is I disagree. A lot of technology that people lay clain to as alien technology is just really complex stuff that the Federal Government has paid some really unique person to build who then takes something simple like for an example an earthworm, and modeled the equipment to do exactly what it does which is where the concept of the Tunnel Boring Machine comes from, the earthworm. It eats it's way through soil leaving behind a musous trail of digested dirt.

Another similar invention was the chainsaw's unique blade was made to resemble the mouth of a wood beetle or termite that eats through wood. I got that from the History Channel or Discovery Channel, I forget which it was so someone go look it up, please.

Every single bit of technology has some equally simple example of how it was built you just have to dig deeper, explore more facts, and uncover more of the truths. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out only more in depth reading and comprehensive skills to understand the concept. This would be thinking like a detective and breaking down a murder case from the scene of the crime and backwards engineering the murder weapon the actual timeline of the crime and "who done it."

k3456789, I'm not upset with you in the least, please understand that, I just used your post and My diving board to explain a few things. If you think aliens exist and helped do some of these things than I challenge you to actually prove it in depth with hard facts through some dilligent detective work.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Just for everyone's information, I ran the numbers:

To accelerate from 0 to 14,000 miles per hour at a semi-acceptable rate (say, at 1G), it would take 10.5 minutes, and you'd have gone 1200 miles in that time. I still think that's too high of an acceleration. Imagine the forces you feel while taking off in an airplane, and double that. Now imagine experiencing that for the entire trip (first as acceleration, then as deceleration). I don't think it would be pleasant.

1G is more than most think. I have a modified, high performance superbike capable of accelerating at pretty much 1G until roughly 200-220kmh, that's about 6 seconds. People I've taken on the back depending on where they hold on sometimes end up floating off the seat (no idea how lol)... They also get the shakes and a massive adrenaline rush for the next two hours.

Pulling 1G without speed sensation (in a tunnel) however could be possible, but frail/elderly etc may not find it comfortable. One possible solution could be to have the passengers sit in a rotating compartment that rotates as acceleration increases to keep the net 'pull' towards the floor at all times so they never feel the acceleration in a front on manner.. so it just feels like gravity pulling from a normal plane of reference (eg below), added up like a vector equation while they are really tilted in reference to earths gravity pull..

Would that work? My physics is a little rusty.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

World War 2 Air Raid Shelters then !!!!!

Not exactly a secret underground tunnel network. If you think they are more than that then more proof than a forum with a few pix will be required ......

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I've not got the time to read this whole thread....
but has linear synchronous motor technology been mentioned?

This, at the specified length would certainly do the job.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

Took the words right out of my keyboard Rus! 1942 WWII bunkers that actually formed part of the tube system.
And what's this "London Grid" system I keep hearing about from somone that's not from the UK.....It's london, not NYC!

DK3000, I think your post was mostly ignored because it was asking questions that had already been answered earlier in the thread, you know what it's like, if you can't be bothered to read the whole thread others can't be bothered to reply!

Anyway, thanks to those that engaged in intelligent fact based discussion with me, I enjoyed it. However, now that there's talk of aliens, DIA, Clinton/Bush etc etc etc it's been removed from the realms of sensible engineering and scientific discussion and into the realms of fantasy and paranoia, therefore I don't have anything to offer this thread anymore. Shame, it was looking good for a while before it got hijacked.

Cheers and good luck finding your proof.

Robbie, signing off.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have read through the whole thread, and there are some fairly basic problems that worry me about the practicality of building these tunnels..

1/ Where does all the removed material go ? Others have already asked this, but there has been no satisfactory answer. If this very long tunnel has few entrances, as it must to remain secret, the problem of ventilation, power, staff access to operate the machinery, and a whole host of other problems arises.

It is nice to think of thousands of miles per hour travel, but until the tunnel is completed and working under full vacuum, access along thousands of miles of tunnel will be rather slow, presumably by wheeled vehicles. All the tunneled material will have to exit the same way. All the tunnel casing material will need to enter this tunnel. How is that possible ? Under an ocean, obviously no alternative entrances to the tunnel along its length would be possible.

2/ The earths core is just a very hot unstable molten blob, with a very thin crust of moving tectonic plates floating on the surface.
Any tunnel would suffer discontinuities, and it would gradually drift away from being dead straight due to constant earth movement. It is not generally realized, but the moon not only sets up tides in the ocean, but also tides in the earths core.
Any deviation of this tunnel from being dead straight would set up massive shaking forces on a high speed vehicle, like being thrown around in an aircraft in air turbulence, or a train on very old rail track. I believe linear G forces would be the least of your problems compared to shaking and vibration at the speeds suggested.

3/ the idea of a nuclear powered tunnel boring machine to melt rock is interesting. The heat energy required would be enormous, and the molten rock would probably take an extremely long time to cool back down.
But what interests me more, is what happens if you hit ground water at molten rock temperatures ? I doubt if you could cross a continent, or an ocean at any subterranean depth and not encounter large pockets of underground water.

While a mechanical boring machine would be at high risk being flooded, a thermal boring machine would be extremely dangerous, and likely end up causing violent steam explosions. I seriously doubt the existence of these nuclear powered rock melting tunnel boring machines.

Anyone that has worked in a steel foundry around molten metal knows how hot white hot metal is, and how dangerous steam explosions are. Rock requires much higher temperatures still. I just cannot see this as being a practical way to bore a tunnel.

4/ Any underground miner will tell you that mines are very wet places, that need to be constantly pumped dry. Keeping the ground water out of a tunnel running at near vacuum would be an extremely difficult task. Even a small leak would be catastrophic if your vehicle traveling at thousands of miles per hour hit a deep puddle. So how do you keep this tunnel dry and under high vacuum without frequent pumping stations along it's entire length ? Remember water at extreme depth is under enormous hydrostatic pressure. A tunnel at five hundred feet depth sees the same hydrostatic pressure as a submarine at the same depth. It would take a lot more than a couple of inches of concrete to withstand such pressures.without leakage or failure.
In places, the ocean is MILES deep, and your tunnel will need to go beneath the lowest ocean depths. I just cannot see that this is possible, the water pressures are incredibly high at those depths.

The more I think about this, the less likely it sounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This thread has nothing to do with aliens so please do not bring that up anymore.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Silver Shadow,
thank you for your articulate post. I like your thinking.

scepticsRus,
I appreciate your skeptisism. I only know of 3 bases. I think there are more. It would make sense to put tunnels in between them.

I pose a question:
There are missile silos all over Montana, North Dakota, and surrounding areas. They are very deep and are maintained and worked on by local electricians, pipe fitters, welders. This is not published in Time magazine, but it goes on every day. Since you have not seen or know any workers on these "large" projects do they still exist?
Try driving up to one and you will be swarmed by SUVs with armed soldiers.
hmmmmmmm..........

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I appreciate your acknowledgment. I am going to re-post a link to this coaster:

www.youtube.com...

This coaster is an air-thrust device. The audio is key when apply the technology theories to any air launch device connected with this supersubterratrain transport. I have never experienced this coaster and it has been dismantled and removed from the park. It was incredibly loud and there was a vacuum device installed to lessen the noise as the parks attempts at "soundproofing" the mechanics failed.

Also I have noticed that most posters on here are thinking in traditional flat east-west or similar direction thinking. Noise is a major factor as rocks, iron, granite and such are perfect conductors.

What IF:

The point of origin was actually 4 miles below the surface. The train was launched at and incredible velocity and at some point during its circuit- the course went vertical to slow speed to the next station (of course there would be additional braking technology applied). This would also allow trains to make incredible turns and maneuvers. Also I would think being closer to Earths core the greater the gravitational forces- so this hypothesis might just account for something applicable.

IN AN EFFORT TO GAIN MORE VISITORS TO THIS THREAD:

I should mention that there are alien maintenance workers in themed outfits operating the ride. They are quite friendly- unless of course you refrain from keeping your hands and arms inside the train at all times- no loose articles or flash photography is allowed- and line jumping is cause for removal from the park.

I do not think this transport is complete- if it is it is likely it is only in sections.

PS- Humor is a gift in serious conversations. I am trying to use it wisely.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Heres the map I just got when I got home from school let me know what everyone thinks.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

is this all of the map ?

where is the eastern portion ???

thanks

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join