It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 70,000 Deaths, and Over 1 Million Disabilities Among American Soldiers Attributed to Iraq Wars:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The Bush administration did not plan correctly on what to do after the iraqi military was defeated, so this is the situation we find ourselves in. Cut and run and everyone will have been sacrificed in vain. Stay and win, you'll see more casualties.

I agree. The soldiers who have died and the many more who have been wounded are getting the shaft by this administration.

It is clear the military hospitals do piss poor jobs rehabilitating these men and women after they've lived through hell.

I don't see them being sacrificed in vain. The war was bull# to start. That's like saying Vietnam and Korea were good ideas. Clearly, they weren't.

This war is the same. Bush/Cheney messed up real bad and sure have a heck of explaining to do.

However, our troops are going to have to come home sooner or later. Better now than later. They'll just be more dead.

As for "cutting and running" or "staying and winning." Its clear we can't win this war. Its a never ending quagmire that cannot be won by shear force alone. We may have better armed and trained troops, better technology, but we simply don't have the willpower.

The Iraqis are defending their nation against a foreign invader. The "terrorists" are there to fight the "infidel," which sadly has become the US, which used to stand for freedom.

Now I'm not so sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I seem to remember these statistics were brought up in a thread by Agit8dChop some time ago and were pretty much debunked then. I'll see if I can find it.

edit: found it, here.

I think it's the same set of statistics. I'm sure there's also been another thread about it aswell, it seems to keep popping back up periodically.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Chris McGee]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

I just can't wrap my head around why someone would fudge numbers like this. Why, when there's enough evidence to be against this war already, would anyone need to make up a story? It just boils my blood.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Guess 4,000 is not enough persuasion, so why not make it 70,000 that tops the Vietnam death toll to persuade people to go against the war. I can easily just tell the class that 70,000 Americans were killed and they would accept it as fact.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Below is a copy of my e-mail conversation with the Editor of this publication. This is in descending order from last response to my initial e-mail Enjoy:

Do you think that U.S. troops and Iraqis being exposed to Depleted Uranium is some kind of 'joke'??

You may wish to talk to some U.S. veterans of Iraq war who are suffering, before making your "BS" references.

Your email is representative of an American public who is in apparent substantive denial about the havock that their ruling elites are creating against the public health of U.S. troops, Iraqis, and our planet Earth in general.

We are much to busy right now to be providing you with some personal research service, and to be dealing with your rather belligerent.

I have already verified the accuracy of that article to our editorial satisfaction.

Have a nice day.

John Stokes

The Canadian

>
> From: Bryan Guzman
> Date: 2008/03/25 Tue PM 09:46:15 EDT
> To: agoracosmopolite@on.aibn.com
> Subject: Re: 70,000 Deaths attributed to Iraq war story
>
> The provide sources. Where's the link to a PDF with this information? I'm a researcher, and I'm no supporter of this war. Nor am I in support of Bush and his NWO cronies. But this seems fudged at best. I have dug through every archive looking for the numbers you've used, and the document which you put in a graphic next to the text of the article. Why not present the raw data and let the sparks fly? Can you e-mail me a copy of this information or submit a link in this article to the original source? If not, then you're not really allowing for objectivity of any kind. The media isn't supposed to be slanted in ANY way shape or form. The truth is much harsher than fiction. I have a brother over there right now, and all I want are the real answers not BS articles with no proof of claims made. If you show me how and where your data came from then I will shut up and personally write you a long letter of apology.
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: "agoracosmopolite@on.aibn.com"
> To: Bryan Guzman
> Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:43:19 AM
> Subject: Re: 70,000 Deaths attributed to Iraq war story
>
> Dear Bryan,
>
> The only "bull#" we are seeing right now is your email. It is you who don't have your facts straight.
>
> That's why the U.S. ruling elites can spread so much tyranny in the world, under the nose of its own citizens. It is because of such ignorance represented by your email.
>
> Peace from Canada.
>
> John Stokes
>
> The Canadian
> >
> > From: Bryan Guzman
> > Date: 2008/03/25 Tue PM 12:24:55 EDT
> > To: nyc@agoracosmopolitan.com
> > Subject: 70,000 Deaths attributed to Iraq war story
> >
> > I have spent the last day and a half searching for these documents, making phone calls to the VA, and tapping a few other sources.
> >
> > My question to you is this. Who do you think you're helping when you spread this bull#? The war is a bad enough policy without you using scare tactics to make it look worse than it is. You people should be ashamed of yourselves running such an obviously false story. This isn't what we need.
> > But who needs facts when fiction will do.
>

[edit on 26-3-2008 by projectvxn]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join