It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 70,000 Deaths, and Over 1 Million Disabilities Among American Soldiers Attributed to Iraq Wars:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Over 70,000 Deaths, and Over 1 Million Disabilities Among American Soldiers Attributed to Iraq Wars: U.S. Gov Data

www.agoracosmopolitan.com

According to U.S. media reports, there are well below 5,000 U.S. soldiers who have been killed in Iraq. However, this data appears to be very misleading. Why? Because many tens of thousands of American soldiers have apparently been killed to-date, as a result of being exposed to radiation poisoning from the indiscriminate killing machines of U.S. military weaponry. Ironically, the only Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) that Americans soldiers have found in Iraq are "Made in America".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If true, then this has to be one of the most sickening cover-ups EVER...Now I know tens of thousands of vets have suffered from "gulf war illness", but if the cause of that ends up being our own leaders authorizing dropping Depleted Uranium in areas our troops are stationed / fighting, then that amounts to DELIBERATELY sacrificing them as guinea-pigs, as we all know what high radiation exposure does to people!

This is alarming.

U.S. investigative researchers have discovered an official U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs official, but not well publicized count, of 73,846 U.S. soldiers who have perished as an apparent result of Depleted Uranium based bio-chemical warfare exposure. This exceeds an estimate of 58,000 U.S. soldiers who had been killed in relation to the Vietnam War.

Well over 200,000 American soldiers could be killed by 2010, as a result of the after effects of exposure to U.S. dirty bombs.

Over One million U.S. soldiers have apparently been disabled from Depleted Uranium based biochemical exposure. Over one million Iraqis have also been documented to have been killed.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry but that's the biggest load of crap I've ever read. The author is making ridiculous comparisons between a depleted uranium projectile and nuclear weapons.

"The U.S. Iraq Nuclear Holocaust by mass, represents between fourteen and twenty eight thousand Hiroshima’s from a uranium poisoning perspective. In Hiroshima 70 thousand died from the blast and 70 thousand died from uranium poisoning."

"The nuclear waste the U.S. has exploded into the Middle East will continue killing for billions of years and could wipe out a third of life on earth.

"So far, more than one million people have been slaughtered and four million are homeless as a consequence of the U.S.'s illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq – the same will apply to U.S. Veterans children."

When depleted uranium nuclear waste in the form of a "dirty bomb" is blown up or released into the atmosphere it has the potential of killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of people. Well it turns out that instead of storing the nuclear waste from power plants in proper and very expensive storage facilities, the apparent neo-fascists who have taken over America, have been machining the depleted uranium into dirty bombs in the form of armour piercing bullets.

I do believe there's harmful effects from DU dust and there may eventually be increased health issues or deaths that can be attributed to it, but the guy that wrote this piece is clearly an idiot of the first order..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
We should send all evil people in to space.

So the people of earth can recuperate from its losses.

I say try the Tesla static propulsion method and see how far
up it goes.

Or it would be one big blast not instead of off.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe Depleated uranium is used in the chobham armour used in the Abrams tanks, as well as in their sabot rounds.

I remember one day a few years back, a British Marine came to give a talk at my school, and when asked about Depleted Uranium he said it was compleatly safe, and no more radioactive than a fire alarm. However as some may know, Fire alarms use a radioactive beta source. This on its own is pretty harmless, the radioactive particles given off can't even penetrate a piece of tissue paper. However if such particles were to become airborne and inhaled or ingested, well this could be life-threatening. I am not familar with any studies conducted, but many heavy metals are toxic to humans, so insipte of the radiation factor DU could pose a toxological risk too. Suffice to say this marine is probably like any other soldier, he has faith in is superiors and believes any bullsh*t they tell him.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a tragedy...And of course the mainstream media goes along with what Bush says because they might end up in Gitmo.

I found this on yahoo and thought it was interesting to say the least: US military death stats

A few key numbers I wanted to show:

_Percentages by service branch: Coast Guard had one death.

How in the world did the coast guard have any casualties? Aren't they supposed to be patrolling the US coastline? Talk about a shame.

_Percentages by service force: National Guard: 10 percent; Reserve: 6 percent.

Another disgrace, National Guard called in for active duty when they haven't been trained properly. And the reservists are meant to be at home in case of a real attack.

_Percent who died since President Bush declared major combat ended: 97 percent

This is the MOST striking statistic. Ninety Seven percent of our troops have died after Bush declared Iraq a "victory" and "job well done."

What a bunch of #.

_Iraq provinces with most deaths since the start of war: Baghdad: 1,107; Anbar: 1,099; Salaheddin: 512; Nineveh: 220; Diyala: 135

And Al Anbar is supposed to be a "safe" zone. Lies.

_Number from California, the most of any home state: 429

Poor soldiers...How many were from LA?

_NOTE ON NUMBERS: The numbers are based on counts by the Department of Defense and Associated Press. Most items are based on information obtained by the DoD for 3,980 deaths, as of March 10, 2008. The AP's count, which includes deaths reported by news staff in Iraq, has been consistently somewhat ahead of the DOD's. The AP's count reached 4,000 on Sunday. The percentages for minorities and officers and number of non-hostile illnesses were last updated as of March 1, 2008. Total deaths in AP's calculations include eight civilians working for the military.

I am absolutely sickened by these numbers.

Thank you DD for bringing this to my attention...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The fact here is...

America will soon have a generational epedimic of (Post dramatic) basket cases. And... to compound this problem, unlike WWII & Vietnam, these returning soldiers will be forced to realize much sooner than their fathers, their will be no Hero's welcome. No matter how many how many medals they recieve from their "Cammander & Thief." Humm.. sounds like the title of my upcoming book.

One can wash years of bloodshed from their hands... but how does one wash it from their mind?? I say this with no disrepect to the innocent, young men and women who assumed giving their lives & limbs invading a foriegn counrty was for some real reason.

Sorry for them, they've been reduced to murderous pawns in Bush's fraudulent game of "Cowboy Nation." This is what happens when the only hope a nation gives their despirate children is... selling drugs, Walmart or flipping bugers at McDonalds.

The body count as bad as it is really doesnt matter here it's what nightmares our soldiesr will be conjuring in their heads once they are on American soil. For many, their call for vallor will be a invitation to "Go Postal." And yes I said it, because most Americans heads are in the clouds on this issue. Our soldiers are gonna take the slogan "I feel like I was used" to another level. The mental health reports comming in as bodies are a red flag of the mental breakdowns that are around the corner.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
[edit on 24-3-2008 by Level X]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The fantastic claims made in the article (after I closed the initial pop-up begging for money) made me decide to look for the source of the numbers claimed. I noticed in the middle was a cited document that was of such poor quality I could not read it and no link to the original.

I found it quite easily as nobody is hiding it that I can see. Here is the relevant Link To The Source. First image is to explain the document and then a legible copy of the chart.

One thing is clear; the author of the article is either illiterate or lying.

Since 1990 (18 years ago) a total of 74,871 have died out of a total of 6,838,541 listed Veterans. That would include everything from natural causes, traffic deaths, non-combat related illness, combat related deaths and even old age. Only 4,445 have died in Theater in the Iraq conflict. That would also include deaths not combat related.

I don't think I'll be sending any money to that ridiculous source or going there for information. The entire article is a waste of time. Making up numbers and history out of thin air is not reporting; it is lying. In this case probably to get people emotional so they will send in the money. It probably works too. I wonder how much these folks are making? Better be good as no rational publication would hire them now. Well, maybe the New York Times would

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Incredible ...

Incredible that anyone would read this BS and believe it.

Incredible that anyone would then post it here.

Incredible that even a few members have enough hate for the U.S. and/or Bush that their tunnel vision allows them to swallow this story whole.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I read an interesting article in Popular Science, about how DU is actually more radioactive than Enriched Uranium. Scary stuff. Kinda sad we don't just do what the rest of the world does and use tungsten.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Incredible that even a few members have enough hate for the U.S. and/or Bush that their tunnel vision allows them to swallow this story whole.

Are you that close-minded to think that? For real?

So if you want our troops to come home you hate America? What kind of irrationality is that?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Of course I want the troops back home when they can come home, who doesn't.

I was referring to BS such as the 70,000 U.S. soldiers killed "statistics", which have been totally debunked - but not enough for you.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I personally find the bean counter methods they have deployed to be most misleading. To be listed as a casualty you must almost die in boots in the desert. If airlifted to germany than die not. No flagged coffins videotape allowable. I find their methodology suspect to say the least.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have spent since last night looking for the documents they are talking about. I even made phone calls to the VA. This article is BS.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just wrote those jerks a letter. Who needs facts when fiction will do I suppose...But we don't need this. The war is bad enough without having to fudge numbers.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Fair enough. I apologize for assuming too much.

The 70,000 number may be biased, but so is the 4000 number. Casualties who died outside of Iraq are not counted, even though they could have been wounded there.

Both sides are fudging the numbers.

I was more interested in the yahoo link I posted about the 97% of casualties died after "Mission Accomplished."

That's pretty messed up. If it was so "accomplished," why have most of our troops died after that point?

I say we strap Bush with an AK and send him in there to fight the "terrorists." Cheney's too old, he'll probably have a heart attack the minute he hits the ground...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
we all know what high radiation exposure does to people!

Yes we do, too bad that is not the case here.

A little research would have told you that, but just like everyone else you quote what supports your agenda.

I miss the good old days around here when folks did actual research on both sides of a topic before they posted.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

If true, then this has to be one of the most sickening cover-ups EVER...Now I know tens of thousands of vets have suffered from "gulf war illness", but if the cause of that ends up being our own leaders authorizing dropping Depleted Uranium in areas our troops are stationed / fighting, then that amounts to DELIBERATELY sacrificing them as guinea-pigs, as we all know what high radiation exposure does to people!

--------------------------------------------

Hey, Bush won the War, he sent his troops into the thick of the depleted uranium to test the strength of the wavelength, this war is a massive cover-up with lots of crap to decorate the stink. well over 10,000 troops could have been killed, but who is there to tell the truth, when it was baked in lies. why are about 120 troops committing suicide every week, that is the biggest challenge to the present gover4nment. Finally found the WMD, check this link : www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I was more interested in the yahoo link I posted about the 97% of casualties died after "Mission Accomplished."

That's pretty messed up. If it was so "accomplished," why have most of our troops died after that point?

You could say I voted for Bush twice, but each time was more of a vote against the other guy. Be nice to have an election someday where you could vote for someone again. Sadly, it's not going to be the next election either - but I digress.

To answer what you said above, the U.S. military does and did a superb job of fighting and winning the military battles - but then the politicians stepped in. There were not enough troops in theater to capture and hold the defeated iraqi military personnel, so they were let go to unfortunately fight again. Then, our soldiers are not policemen - which left them to be sitting ducks for IED's and other guerilla tactics. The Bush administration did not plan correctly on what to do after the iraqi military was defeated, so this is the situation we find ourselves in. Cut and run and everyone will have been sacrificed in vain. Stay and win, you'll see more casualties.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join