It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On what day did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by drevill

i think the point is that a "day" is something that's subjective to how the earth is revolving around the sun...
god created stuff before the sun...yet it's still called a "day"

hello there

Genesis 1:1-5

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

I think the Bible is conclusive here that the day and night were created before other things.

All the best

david

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was under the impression, that 7 days, didn't litteraly mean 7 days...

2nd Peter 3:8
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

I guess I just always took this text, as though it actually, took 7000 years for the Creation of the World to be complete? If this was the case, it could be assumed that there was a thousand year difference, between the dinosaurs and Humans.... ?

Genesis 1:14
"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years"

This verse, makes me lean towards to idea, that perhaps, Time for us, is a different concept than for God...Maybe God has his own scale of time, or maybe he just doesn't "live" (I use that term loosely) by Time, the same way that we do....That he created Minutes, and Hours, and Days, as a way for us to keep track of/measure the passage of "time".

And if this is the case, maybe God doesn't really measure time. Only we do....and if God doesn't "measure" time, then Creation could have taken a Million years, or a billion, since "Time" isn't really of the essence for God.

I think the Bible uses 7 days as a parable for us, so that we can understand that creation took place over several steps (Not necessarily days or hours, but since that is what we measure the passing of time as, maybe that is why the bible uses "days").

Everything takes time. Everything uses Time. There is never enough time. And since everything we do, requires time, perhaps we can't fathom a world, that doesn't run around a clock? So we don't really understand how something can be created in a litteral of 7 days...

Who knows.
Just some thoughts.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I was under the impression, that 7 days, didn't litteraly mean 7 days...

2nd Peter 3:8
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

I guess I just always took this text, as though it actually, took 7000 years for the Creation of the World to be complete? If this was the case, it could be assumed that there was a thousand year difference, between the dinosaurs and Humans.... ?

Genesis 1:14
"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years"

This verse, makes me lean towards to idea, that perhaps, Time for us, is a different concept than for God...Maybe God has his own scale of time, or maybe he just doesn't "live" (I use that term loosely) by Time, the same way that we do....That he created Minutes, and Hours, and Days, as a way for us to keep track of/measure the passage of "time".

And if this is the case, maybe God doesn't really measure time. Only we do....and if God doesn't "measure" time, then Creation could have taken a Million years, or a billion, since "Time" isn't really of the essence for God.

I think the Bible uses 7 days as a parable for us, so that we can understand that creation took place over several steps (Not necessarily days or hours, but since that is what we measure the passing of time as, maybe that is why the bible uses "days").

Everything takes time. Everything uses Time. There is never enough time. And since everything we do, requires time, perhaps we can't fathom a world, that doesn't run around a clock? So we don't really understand how something can be created in a litteral of 7 days...

Who knows.
Just some thoughts.

thank you for posting that, i agree with you

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

hello there

Again its dangerous to take one verse alone

the context of the thousand year is set in the prior verses

2 Peter 3

1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 that ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4and saying, Where is the promise of his coming?

prophecy is equated with a day as a thousand years!

many thanks

david

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Wow, go to a museum.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
God created some of the dinosaurs on the sixth day, some on the day He made birds and stuff.
In the great country of Texas, we have the paluxy river (I know some of you are thinking, "Oh we already debunked that", but you gotta keep in mind, the river changes everything that evolutionists hold dear, of course they will deny it), you have human and dinosaur footprints in the same layers of mudd, the thing that makes them believable though is the fact that they pulled up a bunch of layers of these footprints and found that they were not carved in the stone, but made int the stone when it was once mud. There are many cave paintings and some artifacts (not the Inca stones) that depict dinosaurs, not to mention the many, many ancient stories of these creatures.
Scientists get it wrong more often then they get it right when it comes to dating the age of things, carbon 14 dating is bunk, it's been proven bunk many, many times, it is one of the most inacurate ways to date things. There are many "fossil anomolies" that people discover, like an ancient dolfin like creature giving birth and somehow is fossilized, or two dinosaurs going at it and are fossilized, as if some sudden force had rapidly buried them, scientists cover up a bunch of stuff they find too, they want you to believe a lie and they have suckered many people into it.
God created the earth in 6 literal days, it clearly states that in the Bible, He also created the earth in a mature state just as He did everything else, so that may be one reason why it seems so old, because, it is, but it is actually only around 6 or 7 thousand years old.
One thing many Christians do is try to confine God into the realms of science and there own understanding, but God is greater than our boxes of what we can understand, so think about it, a carnal finite mind trying to understand an infinite eternal being, it just wont happen, not in this lifetime.

So dinosaurs were created on every day that cirrisponds to the different "kinds" of animals God created.

-Jimmy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join