It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On what day did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
After a reply to another thread (God wanted to keep all the races apart - JediMiller) I thought I would start my own on this subject.

According to the bible, god created Earth in 7 days so on what day did dinosoars exist? Day 6 is apparently when land mammals and humans etc. were created but we know that humans and dinosaurs didn't coexist.

On the first day...

The first recorded Words of God that we have are "Let there be light" (Genesis 1:3 NIV). The sun was already shining brightly, but God made the earth's thick new atmosphere allow diffuse light to penetrate to the surface. And so it was that the light was made separate from darkness. The first day of earth's creation was literally the first "day" as someone on earth's surface would experience it - a period of opaque light, and a period of darkness. (Genesis 1:3-5)

On the second day...

The separation of the waters. There was yet no liquid water, no oceans. All of the water was in the form of a vapor, a worldwide super-fog, extending a number of kilometers/miles up from the very hot (above the boiling temperature of water) bare-rock earth's surface (the earth's core remains molten right to the present day). God's "hovering over the waters" in verse 2 describes His being above that gaseous-water atmosphere, not a liquid ocean. God then caused most of the water to condense onto the cooling earth which simultaneously formed a whole-planet ocean and cleared the sky. (Genesis 1:6-8)

On the third day...

The first appearance of dry ground. The further cooling of the surface set in motion a process of natural contraction, uplifting and motion of the crust (the process continues today, called "plate tectonics"). The earth changed from a smooth one-level molten "cue ball" to a planet with an irregular surface with ocean basins and continental landmasses. With dry ground available, the first plants were made to grow in great abundance. (Genesis 1:9-13)

On the fourth day...

With the sky now clear, the sun, moon and stars were dependably visible. They were to "serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years." The sun marked the day (sunset to sunset), the moon the month (new moon to new moon), and the stars the seasons (constellations are seen in particular seasons e.g. "Orion" is visible in winter in the northern hemisphere, which is summer in the southern hemisphere). (Genesis 1:14-19)

On the Fifth Day...

Great numbers of birds and sea creatures. God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." (Genesis 1:20-23)

On the sixth day...

Vast numbers of land animals. Man. From the man, woman (humans today are just now discovering how to genetically alter fertilized embryos, and even to create one human from the tissue of another - known as "cloning"). (Genesis 1:24-31)

and finally, day seven...

The Sabbath Day. "By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested [or ceased] from all the work of creating that He had done." The day that is the basis for The Fourth Commandment. (Genesis 2:2-3)

Source

So where did the millions of years of dinosaur existence come into the creation of earth?

[edit on 24-3-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
God was here before. There have been many other times of creation. God comes and goes everytime we all destroy ourselves. So there had to have been some other race before the Dinosaurs; a reason for God to come back. God came here and wanted to try something different and he created them. of course, as always his creations die off sooner or later. So he has to keep coming back to repopulate earth.

But not all of them were documented in a bible style book collection. The bible only speaks of the his most recent work. It's hard to keep track of what god creates because they didn't have youtube back then.

How do I know this? Well, I actually spoke to god during the final stages of my OOBE. He told me all about "Creation Energy" and how it works.
Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Personally, I do not think that god created earth in 7 days.

First off, how long was a day before the earth was created?

I know, it probably doesn't apply, but what I think holds the greatest possibility is that the creation story was handed down from generation to generation and 'became' a day as the story was retold so many times. Maybe they just told the story in seven steps and it formed into days.

It could also be symbolic.

We can only speculate since we were not there, but it is pretty safe to say that the creation story can't be taken literally, but I think there is some truth to it - or it came from truth told.

Maybe even MAN was a dinosaur! A slew of test bodies for us till we came to what we have now as a human form - now THERE is a far stretch of possibilities!

Then again, the future is more important than the past.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And if u would ask a fanatic believer . He would claim thet the bones are put there by the Devil to mislead the population to his side .

i'm a atheist and son of 2 jehovahs witnesses and brought up this topic dozens of time in discussions around religion. And as i look at it we have no clue on where they are right are wrong . If there is a god and a devil they could be right.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Good Morning fiftyfifty.

I'm not sure if you are searching for a legitimate answer to your question or if you are posting in jest concerning JediMiller's thread.

It is a good question but would like to know your motive for asking.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hi, I am looking for an answer based on christian belief. Jedi's topic just made me think about how the Christian religion explains this if at all. I genuinely don't know how or where this subject comes into it and would like to here opinions from both the religious and non-religious viewpoint's.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
here's an answer from a christian viewpoint

"see: theory of evolution"

yes, believe it or not, there are many, man christian who hold the theory of evolution to be valid

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Look in the good book, in You'll-Never-Know verses 5-15... you'll find your answer there right before the part where it explains the mystery of why Bachelor is just so darn sexeh...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Can you elaborate on this please as I don't have a bible...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think it might of been a tuesday

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

how do you know Dinosaurs were around millions of years ago?

also please bare in mind that humans were not supposed to be aware of these until the late 1800's

RUBBISH!

www.enlightened.org.uk...

www.genesispark.org...

david

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Personally, I do not think that god created earth in 7 days.

First off, how long was a day before the earth was created?

Dismissing Gods word?

Genesis 1

3 And the evening and the morning were the first day.
8 And the evening and the morning were the second day.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
31 And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

seems straight forward

From Strong's

evening evening, night, sunset
evening, sunset
night

morning, break of day
morning
of end of night
of coming of daylight
of coming of sunrise
of beginning of day
of bright joy after night of distress (fig.)
morrow, next day, next morning

The day used here is solar day

In Jeremiah and used in prophecy it can equal a year

the difference is that we are given a literal day in genesis broken down to the evening and morning.

whereas the day in prophecy can be used as a year as we are not given a breakdown of evening/morning

whenever "day" is used with a numberlike second day or six days, it can only mean a solar day.

David

[edit on 19/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Take a closer peek at day five. In Genesis 1:21, "And GOD created great whales(tanniym)..."

That could read great dragons, great serpents, great dinosaurs....

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

i think the point is that a "day" is something that's subjective to how the earth is revolving around the sun...
god created stuff before the sun...yet it's still called a "day"

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Genesis account is about the preparation of the place for man not about the creation of the universe really.

Hebrew Scholar Dr. John Sailhammer has studied the ancient genesis account in the original language. I have read his book Genesis Unbound. He says the creation account is not about the creation of the universe at all but the preparation of the garden for man.

For instance "In the Beginning" the first words in your bible comes from one Hebrew word that always means a period of time not a point in time.

So "in the beginning" could be 7 days or 10 billion years we do not know.

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

originally posted by madnessinmysoul
think the point is that a "day" is something that's subjective to how the earth is revolving around the sun...
god created stuff before the sun...yet it's still called a "day"

Oh I am glad to see you have converted from your Atheism faith! So when are you going to change your Avatar?

How about?

"Theism, Because God is Awesome"

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

oh sweet noodly lord!

i can't make an offhand comment about a story in the bible within the context of that story without someone making a sarcastic comment...

now i guess i believe in the star wars universe because of how i word my sentences when i talk about it with my mates...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Dec 24th!!...............................

That is if your Carl Sagan and scale the timeline of the universe to equal one calendar year.

Obviously the heavens and earth weren't created in 7 days. That should answer the original question.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well according to the most conservative of christians "god placed dinosaur bones here to test our faith"

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

lol so god lied so that he could test our faith... wow, sometimes hardliners crack me up

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

oh sweet noodly lord!

It's more than a little telling the amount of time you spend focusing on something you allegedly do not believe in. :shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join