It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious instruction for schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Head teachers should allow imams, rabbis and priests to come into schools and offer religious instruction to pupils, teachers' leaders have said.

The National Union of Teachers (NUT) said the move would be a way to reunite divided communities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Religious instruction to pupils

I thought this already happened?

When I went to primary school, priests always came in and gave us lessons on Christianity. I'm 22 now, so it was not that long ago. It is a common pratice that occured in Canterbury.

Secondary school was a different matter, no daily prayer and religion was only kept to Religious Education lessons. If prayer was conducted, we were given the choice to take part.

It seems NUTS (oh, how ironic) is using this as a weapon to stop faith schools, which are highly popular with parents (due to insane success rates).

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The success of faith based schools is a thorn in the side of the "elite". If the population is dumb, the people will not have a clue about the world around them, or how to be involved in it - at least not on a practical level.

When people have a good education, are able to read and converse with a decent level of competency, it puts a lot of the "elite" on a less advantageous footing. Meaning, it is harder for them to get away with things like taking us to war over lies. It would mean that there is a whole generation out there that would have the ability to question, to think for themselves.

This would be very dangerous for the political elite who hate being questioned, and vehemently detest the idea that people might think for themselves.

I'm quite active politically, and the way that a lot of the politicos I meet think is just as outlined above... it sickens me that they have no conscience.

Unless we fight for the rights of our children to learn and develop, they will suffer a fate far worse than our high taxes, and bad health care...

join