It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disfigured Woman Dies After Court Ruling (Disturbing Images)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Disfigured Woman Dies After Court Ruling (Disturbing Images)

nbc11.com

March 2008 -- A woman who suffered from painful facial tumors and had drawn headlines across France with her quest for doctors-assisted suicide was found dead Wednesday, an official said

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
digg.com

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This story is very saddening & the pictures you may see might disturb you if you're not familiar with disorders, such as Elephantitis. So proceed with caution. That woman suffered from painful facial tumors and has been mentioned in headlines across France after she went on a quest for doctor-assisted suicide.

What are your opinions about this sort of assisted-suicide (a.k.a. pity murder)?

nbc11.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the woman. Everyone should have the right to medically induced suicide. she was going to die anyway..but the courts have it all wrong. it's her life, not the courts.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I know what you mean. No one on earth has the right to control her mind (her decisions). I think governments of this world habitually prolong peoples' suffering. They seem to be the world's leading oppressors.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think the Catholic lobby is preventing the adoption of laws for euthanasia or "assisted suicide", not the government, in France. A large majority of the French agree with the idea, in desperate cases, to prevent more suffering. Such laws exist in Switzerland and the Netherlands AFAIK. I don't know about the US and UK.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

This is a terrible tragedy, nothing I can imagine could take me into the shoes of this woman; many people I have spoken to over recent years believe euthanasia is a good, moral thing to do - If the patient is not mentally ill, then I believe they should be allowed to do it, in some parts of the world it is perfectly legal to my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thanks for sharing the truth. I didn't know those laws existed. It's saddening to see so many people suffering while their governments pretend to care about each of their fellow citizens.

reply to post by Smugallo

I know what you mean bout how difficult it can be to know how that lady felt. It's nice to know that she doesn't have to deal with the evils of this world now.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Chad Andrew]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i was using the same woman as an example in my euthenasia thread a few days ago.

it should be legalised, people shouldnt have to suffer if they want to take the less painful way out.

[edit on 24/3/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

I disagree...there's always the possibility that individuals would be pressured by the family or the government to kill themselves, against their will.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

I see what you mean about people, who deserve to get assisted in this manner. It saddens me to see how often people like that lady suffer because their governments either cause illnesses (such as bird-flu, ebola, hiv, cancer, aids, and ect.) or prolong their suffering.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chad Andrew

How did the government prolong anything? It denied her physician-assisted suicide, but she demonstrated that she was more than capable of taking her own life.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sharpest

The government of her people worked to make her life more difficult. They denied her natural rights (to die in peace).

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Chad Andrew]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Made it? She was more than capable of taking her own life as she herself demonstrated! She didn't need a doctor to help her!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sharpest

I agree with what you've told me about her. It's obvious that corrupted-government was a burden to her & others, who wanted to have their physicians help them die in peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Euthanasia? With all due respect, !@$@#$@@#$@ that! What will be next after euthanasia, "oh, you're too much of a burden on society and your family, why don't you die?"

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I feel sorry for the woman. Everyone should have the right to medically induced suicide. she was going to die anyway..but the courts have it all wrong. it's her life, not the courts.

True, but so long as we have created courts to judge us, then they do in fact own you. The courts do not have the problem, for they cannot judge to kill anyone. Even in a murder trial, the courts do not convict anyone, the jury does. The courts only prescribe the sentence which is set in law, which was also voted upon at some point in time by the people.

If people want to change this, then they need to vote to have the laws changed so that it isn't illegal to assist in suicide. That's all. It's public opinion driving the issue, not the courts. Religion is one of the problems, no doubt.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I live in a US state that has had euthenasia for 10 years. If you have the proof that what you have is terminal, then you can hook up with a doctor who will set you up with what you need to die a peaceful death. I'm not up to date on how the rules are set, but we do have legal euthenasia here in Oregon. And it works. Surprisingly, from what I can remember, not very many people have used it, under 100 if I remember correctly, so it's not as if someone is killing themselves legally every single day.

Tela

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I know what you mean about elements of evil governments & their religion(s) being a problem in societies, nowadays.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The laws against suicide are irrelevant. You can't jail a dead person.

If someone truly wants to die, why lay the responsibility on the shoulders of a doctor. A running vehicle in a closed garage is a painless death I understand. If they need a doctor to tell them it is OK and to do it for them, they probably don't really want to die in the first place.

What scares me is that society will make the predictable leap from that to euthanizing babies. As it is now there are people OK with late term abortions even though a C-Section is always safer and better for the Mother and does not involve Infanticide.

Look at how quick my ancestors in Germany were to tolerate the horrors against people deemed to be of lesser worth. I'd say lets not make it officially legal and instead turn a blind eye when appropriate. Besides; Kevorkian gave me the creeps.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If I was her i would of did myself in, thats always an option

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join