It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited. Would you enter the Alien Mothership?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Close encounters of the third kind. Just watched this movie again the other day, what a fantastic film.

So the question to ask. Would you go into the Mothership? or would you rather stay behind?

Let's say you have family here, a child, a wife, a loving father. But you are being offered the opportunity to learn from the Aliens by going with them into their mothership. This of course could be a very bad situation as you could come back 100 or 200 years from now. And by that time, most of your loved one's would be dead.

There's also the risk of dying on the mothership. Complications during probe examinations and breathing problems. Viruses, bacterias and other unilimited dangers unknown to you. You can't communicate with the Aliens, but you are asked to go with them.

They reach out to you from under the Mothership and hold out their hand. Do you shake their hand? And do you trust them to go along with them into the Mothership. Discuss.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Interesting topic

Going by our own history, any advance civialization has always been malevolent to anything inferior. I would see any advance race, coming to our Earth, as potentially hostile towards the human race.

Entering an alien craft would be fascinating, albeit imtimidating towards me and maybe others too.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
...no questions asked!
I would beg them to take me!
Anything is better than here!
I don't care what happens!
I'm just along for the ride...woohoo!
Then, I would hijack the Mothership, and make everyone call me momma!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Id say walk forward and never look back. This would be a once in a millienia opportunity for any1 anywhere. This type of experience i believe is worth more then the pain it could cause you or any1 you happen to be leaving behind. Besides maybe one day if you are permitted to return and disclosure is still not given perhaps that is why they asked you to go in the first place in order to be the messiah or ambassador between the aliens and us.

This would be a situation that would haunt you for the rest of your days and beyond if you said no. Even if there intentions werent good ive always thought knowing the straight up withouta doubt truth about aliens and there existence is worth more then a human life...only if that life is given voluntarily ofcourse cause even 1 unjust death for the truth would leave a stain on the course of history and our species.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Some things to reconsider. What if the aliens turn out to be evil? Think of the movie Aliens. What if they turn out to be like that? implanting an embryo into your body and hatching thru your chest.

Also, what about your wife and your kids? would you leave them behind?

You see, I been thinking. Sounds too good to be true. the Aliens could pretend to be nice and all outside the ship just to get you inside. And once inside..it could be a nightmare. Torture, examinations, injections. etc.

That's something to think about.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Shure its something to think about but put yourself in there shoes...wouldnt the average human freak out or book it the other way so fast they leave nuthing but an after image in there wake.

It would seem to me if they are engaging in a open situation like that they are looking for the certain sum1 that would be collected and answer there call.

It would be like a big truck driving up to an ape in the forest opening the door and saying hay monkey wanna come to the zoo? Not quite on the same level as that seeing as how humans fear of the unkown and aliens has been built up to an extreme but still.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Interesting topic

Going by our own history, any advance civialization has always been malevolent to anything inferior. I would see any advance race, coming to our Earth, as potentially hostile towards the human race.

Entering an alien craft would be fascinating, albeit imtimidating towards me and maybe others too.

i agree with infinite, you should know them first before you take that step toward the unknown... maybe 2 or 4 years would do, hopefully by then you would know their true intentions! i definitely wouldn't jump at the opportunity even though its tempting...
very interesting topic!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Perhaps you could post a quick thread on here!!

I've just met these aliens and they want to take me on a quick joyride... They look like this and their ship looks like this... etc etc... Will I have a good time? Will they give the probe (you know the one!) or will they eat me?

And then after studying the answers you could make a choice.

As for me, just to be on the safe side I'd send the wife first.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Will I have a good time? Will they give the probe (you know the one!) or will they eat me?

You are always interesting Monkey. if they did do something like that to you I think they would medicate you first. Put you to sleep and open you up. So maybe you won't feel a thing?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If it means that I could never come back, and I have to leave my family and my childrens behind, everything I tough was important...

Yes.

No question about that, I would take that step.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If there intentions were truly hostile why would they ask
and simply not beam you up?

This would be them making the first step into trying to change something by it being a totally friendly encounter...since when have they ever needed our permission to do as they want?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well from watching the movie..Richard dreyfus character knew nothing about them. All he saw was what everyone else saw. In the film, the people around the mothership had no clue who the Aliens were and where they came from. they didn't know if they were good or bad. They did know that some of them were young, and there were older aliens in the ships. But nothing else was told about them. They could have acted all nicely outside the ship but once they got Dreyfus into the ship they could have cut his head for all we know. There is no knowing as to what happened to him after he left with them. It would be nice to find out what happens to him inside the ship and during the trip. But I think that would be like a horror film.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
So the question to ask. Would you go into the Mothership?

Sure! If there were sexy aliens on board!! Like this one...

Image: elfwood

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Forget about the invitation. I,d be stowing away in the shower room or something.

The way I see it.. What could be worse than being stuck on Earth for an entire lifetime?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If movies taught us anything, is that 3 things can happen:

1. - Jedi's suggestion about aliens looking like horrible slimy creatures who have lots of fun popping out of people's chests. It's their way of getting us to 'open up'...

2. - They're all good looking alien babes ala the movie My Stepmother is an Alien.

3. - We're (the ones who would board the mothership) the same group of people in Independence day that wait on the roof with all the signs and get blown to bits.

4. - Are we ALREADY in the mothership?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well there's an interesting question.

I think in all honesty, if you had nothing else going for you, ultimately you would go on board. I don't want to go on some hike about and never see my wife again! What a horrible thought. Plus, no-one but all-wise aliens to talk to.....You'd get bored eventually

Oh and mikesighn, the alien you posted in not sexy!!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If i could take my son and my mother..... id go in a second, no doubt about it, wouldnt even hesitate

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
If i could take my son and my mother..... id go in a second, no doubt about it, wouldnt even hesitate

Yeah sorry Comicstorm. No free rides for the entire family.

You still wanna go? you're on your own. Just think, you and those creepy aliens all over you..for 200 years. That's why everyone should think about it.

here's another thought. how about a contract? have the Aliens sign it before you go?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I don't think I would go.

Even if I had the opportunity to learn a lot from aliens on their ship, what good would that be if you coudn't share the knowledge with somebody else?

I wouldn't trade being able to walk in the sunshine on our own interesting planet, for all the knowledge in the universe.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well as much as it pains me to say it, if i couldnt take my son and my mother then id have to stay behind BUT with that said, i would have had the experience and the knowledge that is one of life's biggest questions.... 'is there life elsewhere'.......i would have the answer wouldnt i, so i would take that as a blessing and continue in this life, and of course, always wondering what could have been!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join