It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Einstien was right: Dark matter confirmed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It appears that Einstien hit the nail right on the head: a large portion of the universe is comprised of this strange "Dark Matter", a substance with the apparent quality of counteracting gravity on a large scale.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"Recent Hubble Space Telescope images of distant exploding stars add further confirmation to the permanence of a mysterious, repulsive force called dark energy that appears to dominate the universe."

Scientists, taking into account this new information, say the universe has at least thirty billion years left before the "Big Crunch", in which the universe's gravitic expansion would climax and reverse itself, culminating with the destruction of all existence in this dimension as all matter and energy would be compressed into a singularity, perhaps to burst forth again and begin its cycle of creation, expansion, reversal, and destruction anew.

Related News Stories
Space.com

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Einstein is a quandry, repressed knowledge of his and other theories not correct or limited in scope. He is a product of his time and still merits a great deal of interest.

The dark matter is satan.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So they say the big crunch is inevitable, How did they come up with the 30 billion years left?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There is no chance humanity will last that long.

In fact, I doubt we'll last another thousand years at the rate we're going.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Either way, there's no way we're going to last forever. I'd say another 2000 - 4000 years would be long enough to kill the last of us and put the human race into extinction.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
and as that last little particle comes slamming in that last little neutrino......BANG!! a new day of Brahma begins and the phantasmagorical starts its never ending quest of change.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Neo, please tell me you did not say the dark matter was satan. Sorry, but someone needs to take his meds.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Neo, please tell me you did not say the dark matter was satan. Sorry, but someone needs to take his meds.

nobody has proven it's not satan.
some industry needs to stop thinking it can 'cure' mental health(spiritual) problems with chemistry.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how many Bang/Crunch cycles we've been through and how many intelligent speices have been born and died.

new topics

top topics

join