It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Entity Collides With Car [20 sec Video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wizard

Hello Derby!

Yeah avoid the squirrels, they're nuts! They don't make a nice sound when they go under your wheel's... I know

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I just noticed something while I was checking out our fellow member Sherpa's Thread

Mabey it's just me, but don't you guys see a somewhat similarity of the objects between these next two pics:

SpikedMilks' object (upper left quadrant)

Now look at Sherpa's:

Rotate/flip the objects, lighten/contrast... and VOILA!

What do you ALL think?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
A HOAX. And a successful one, seeing how many ppl are trying to analyze it to figure out what it could be.

No, actually, a successful hoax would have everybody believing something specific is real. Like an alien demon jumped down out of the sky, looked in the car, then jumped off. We don't have that. We both don't know what we're looking at, and we doubt that it's real.

Not a tremendously successful hoax. Again, just an idle amusement for the folks in this forum who have too much time on their hands. Like me.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

So an impact that didn't break the windshield caused the person in the back seat to drop the camera and it flew around in the car of it's own accord crashing into the windshield and the dash catching frames occassionally showing the street upside down along with others such as what might be the OUTSIDE of the car?

Ever heard of Occam's Razor?

Yeah, I've heard of it. Do you understand what it means?

The object hitting the windshield appears to be a stuffed toy. Whatever happens after that happens immediately. Even if the driver swerved sharply enough to flip the car it would take time. The car has momentum and limited traction. The car did not flip. The camera operator obviously wanted it to appear as if something catastrophic had happened. To me the only conclusion possible is this is an elaborate hoax. I'm not sure if it's all CGI or if an actual toy was used. Since the animal appears to be falling straight down it's probably at least partial CGI. Maybe real footage of a faliing stuffed animal was added to the video from the moving car or maybe the animal is entierly CGI.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yea it looks like snoopy to me as well.

So what happened to his little buddy woodtstock.? Probably rolling one in a tree and laughing at snoopy trying to play the red Baron again.

(the younger kids here are probably like what the heck are you going on about).

Sorry, but that first frame posted of the 4. REALLY looks like a snoopy stuffed animal.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

is it just me? or do you NOT see the person walking across the road in front of car? looks like a woman with grey shorts ....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by swordsaint

is it just me? or do you NOT see the person walking across the road in front of car? looks like a woman with grey shorts ....

mmm, I think its one of those black and white striped signs thats continually passing the car on the (our) right of the car. And its just blurred in the stills cuz its a motion shot.

spikeD

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

OUTSIDE of the car?

Where is the frame?

I see a frame where the camera is about a foot from the rearview mirror and the road barriers are still right side up.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
NOTE: Rearview mirror orientation with respect to road barriers means the tires are still on the road and camera still INSIDE the vehicle

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Looks fake, the windshield seemed completely unaffected by the "impact."

After re-watching...MAYBE the impact and accident were real. If they were I'd have to agree that the object looks like a stuffed animal, and the driver over reacted. Honestly, whatever it was...the windshield DID NOT BREAK.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

It looks like the image I'm talking about is the last clear image that can be seen in the clip. It's not too long after your image appears.

It looks like the video camera might have went through the back window. I can see the rear view mirror and then there's something black. After that there is a shiny dark surface that shows up. The shiny surface takes up the whole frame. That's why I'm thinking it was the outside of the car. It even looks as if a tree line off of the road is being reflected in the shiny surface.

Like I said earlier, I'm moving through the video frame by frame to see what I'm looking at. I'd post a pic, but I still haven't figured out how to get a screenshot off of my Windows Media Player.

I'm looking for help with getting a screenshot.
Any GOOD suggestions will be attempted.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I know what you are referring to it's like a clear frame that displays the image behind the player.

The DirectX components may not allow you to grab a screen shot from WMP.

Try the original video and click click click till you get the frame you want, then (Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen) to capture to clipboard, then paste to MSPaint or Photoshop then trim and crop the excess.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

For screenshot:

1 Hit the 'print screen' button on your key board.

2 Open Windows Microsoft Paint

3 Click the edit button at the top of your Microsoft Paint screen toolbar

4 Click paste...shazaam

5 Now if you want to you can click on the dotted square at the top left

6 Now drag it around the part of the picture you want to keep

7 Now right click inside the pic you want to keep and click copy

8 Then click the file button at the top left and click new

9 Inside the new white area right click and click paste...shazaam

10 No save your new pic and upload to 'Photobucket.com'

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I managed to figure out how to take a screenshot of WMP. I LOVE Google.

Here's the images I mentioned that might show the camera leaving the car. They're 3 single frames of the video. They are consecutive.

I circled the rear view mirror. Also notice the edge that is at the top left. I think it just showed up there at this frame.
Pic 1

More edge & less mirror.
Pic 2

This is the pic I'd mentioned. Shiny surface.
Pic 3

The 4th pic is a few frames later. Looks like it's close to a full screen of what looks like a stripe in the road.
Pic 4

Might as well do a few more while I'm at it.

These are from the impact. There's 5 consecutive images.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

This one is a few frames later. It shows the last clear image of his hand. It's moved sharply to the left.
Pic 1

[edit on 26-3-2008 by LazyGuy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by LazyGuy

For screenshot:

1 Hit the 'print screen' button on your key board.

2 Open Windows Microsoft Paint

3 Click the edit button at the top of your Microsoft Paint screen toolbar

4 Click paste...shazaam

Thanks for all the detailed info, BUT DID YOU ACTUALLY TRY IT?

Your method was the second way I tried. The first was Snagit.

I discovered that you have to disable Overlays.

Disable Overlays

[edit on 26-3-2008 by LazyGuy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
how about a squirrel

reply to post by kennethmd

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Thats actually the best thought yet imo.

There are flying squirels and this one may have misjudged the distance.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I broke the video into frames for easier analysis. Links for the two video files are listed below. The first is for the straight version and the second one has been subjected to advanced digital analysis to determine what the flying object is:

Straight Video

Digitally Enhanced

The files are zipped.
Your comments are welcome and anticipated.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I had to get my two cents worth in on this one. That is a sock monkey!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

First, it's not giant - just 12 inches or 18 inches. It is odd. The angle is from straight up, no doubt. Hmm..
Child ties Pink Panther toy to balloon. Balloon goes up in the air, and the pink panther falls down.
For some weird reason, I thought that a child was playing invisible toy games in his room with his mind, the Pink Panther disappears, and reappears somewhere over the road, and hits the windshield.
That thing looks like it has taken a beating. So, a waterspout sucks up the toy that was dropped over the side of a boat by a child. The spout carries the toy high in the atmosphere, and the toy is carried by winds, and it is later dropped.
Chucked out of a car, less than a mile ahead. The toy gets some lift from the speed, and sails into the windshield.

I was thinking the bridge too, but it was too late for that. For a minute I thought it was a Tigger plushie, but no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join