It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The Entire World Be Better Off If There Was No Money???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's easier to print money then it is to mine/manufacture gems and mine precious metals - there just isn't enough of the stuff to go around, there never was.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
yupp...

how u get dat skull pic under yer name???

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Money is just a means to circumvent the inadequacies of barter. After all, its difficult to carry three chickens and a goat in your pocket when you want to buy a VCR. Assuming that the owner of the VCR actually wants three chickens and a goat in payment.

So money, in the form of precious metals (silver, gold etc) was created in order to make the bargaining easier.

It is when the banks became involved that the problems began ...

Banks lend money that doesn't exist - credit - and charge you interest on it! If I gave you something that doesn't exist and then asked you to pay me for it, you might consider calling the police. If I gave you something that doesn't exist and said that if you don't pay me for it I will take you to court and take your property away, you might say we lived in a fascist state. Yet what I have just described is the banking system of the world and the means through which both people and governments are drowning in debt. And what does debt equal? Control.

The Debt Scam

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
In a perfect utopia where everyone met each others needs - yes, In the current society - no, money serves as a medium to trade labor or effort.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"they see all,"
just go to your control panel - edit profile - and then Avatar URL:

Just type in the link of a picture you want to use as your avatar. Or upload one to ATS to use. I made my avatar - it used to be a terminator skull that I drew up and "re-envisioned" it.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
NIICE WORK!!!

IT LOOKS NIICE!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
lilblam- do u have a website about the buildings of the pyramids with soundwaves cause that sounds intresting...

EmbryonicEssence- i agree with u also, so why cant people work 4 gems and food NOW???

ALSO- does any1 know how 2 put a picture 2 the LEFT under yer name???

www.cassiopaea.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

lilblam- do u have a website about the buildings of the pyramids with soundwaves cause that sounds intresting...

EmbryonicEssence- i agree with u also, so why cant people work 4 gems and food NOW???

www.cassiopaea.org...

EmbryonicEssence- go here and link to a free avatar- check out their 100x100 section, select avatar, open, copy link, paste in settings.

lilblam, you're link takes one to the home page of that cult- no offence, to each his own, but could ya' be a little more specific? And I would be leery of sending impressionable minds there- you have the intellect to understand what I say.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sorry there, Embryonic- here is your link

www.e-cadfael.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I never needed an Avatar.
It was "they see All" who was asking about mine.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I have not seen a website on it.. but I have seen a program on discovery channel or PBS about tibetan monks using the same technique to move large stones and lift them up cliff faces etc...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Money is not the problem...human greed is.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
To an extent, money and greed can be beneficial. It's greed and money that drive a company to make better products to outdo its rivals and earn more money. But greed can go out of control and hurt people, as we all know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey im doing a perssuasive paper on this subject but it's a little different. What if the world didn't have money or trade. Do you think the world would be better off? Could use all the info I can get. Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I believe that with the right technology and attitude the world could function without money easily. We have that technology right now but I doubt the attitude.

Without money and the righ attitude.....

There would be no unequality therefore reduced crime.

People would do proper (real) jobs instead of service based sector jobs such as telephone sales etc.

A persons word and actions would be the command of respect as opposed to greed, selfishness and wealth.

A leader would have to lead by example from the front and not the top where they are shut off from the real world.

Justice would be efficient instead of money making.

Wars would cease to exist as people would not contribute to something that serves no personal gain.

Life would be a get to, not a have to.

Heck the list is endless but ultimately I think that as long as people value inanimate objects more than human life it would never have the impact it could have with a proper moral society in place.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Based upon old Byzantine history ... the people with the worst Karma would end up as bankers once again.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Money must be eliminated from society if we are to grow spiritually. Money has only created Greed and further instability in society, people are willing to go to great lengths to get it. Things like gambling your life away, drug dealing, corruption. What do all these things have in Common?

MONEY!

A new society must be created, a society where people go into the education system to figure out what they truly wanna do in life. What would keep you working knowing the fact that your contributing to society and keeping it running. Material things that people would own will be based on the need for it, people would be judged on how much they contribute to society in a positive way. If one does contribute to society in a positive manner for than the next person then they would be held in higher regard. This would be based on benefits they will receive for contributing so much to society.

A new profession can be created to determine how much one should get based on the contribution. This would eliminate the need for money, and those who are in charge of this would have to be equal in status.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join