It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Neoconservatives are fighting so hard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was simply looking up the definition of neocons and read this
en.wikipedia.org...

this quote struck me

Neoconservatism emphasizes foreign policy as paramount responsibility of government, seeing the need for the U.S. acting as the world's sole superpower as indispensable to establishing and maintaining global order.

The fall of the USSR gave way to the ideal that America should never allow another country to become a super power.

Thats when it hit me. The reason for interventionism in Arab countries is to prevent them from having any real peace between each other. If the Oil producing Arab nations were to join forces they could become the worlds oil super power.
The control by 1 entity of the majority of the worlds oil supply would be more powerfull than the USSR's nuclear weapons ever were.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Excellent post, thanks! It is stated right there in the PNAC document (which is our foreign policy blueprint) that we intend to be the only superpower and will preemptively invade ANYONE we even think might be a threat. It also says we will use nuclear weapons preemptively if we think they are warranted. Scary.

new topics

join