It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian real estate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was just thinking about purchasing some martian real estate from a reputable company in the UK called Moon estates....

If I purchased some land on mars in theory if the Nasa rover was on my land could i politely ask them to move there vehicle as it is private parking or they are blocking my view?

Could you charge ground rent?

if they take samples could you you ask them to put them back?

Could you get planning permission to build?

who would grant this?

could you donate the land to the queen and it would become part of the commonwealth?

Could you tell Nasa to cease operations on your land?

What if some sort of microbial organism lived on it?

Would the micro organism be mine? or would i have to take the micro organism to court to contest who owns the land?

What about squatters rights?

I know this thread is a little bit out there but hey it's 1.11am and i thought i'd spice things up a bit and give you all a giggle...

makes a change from the usual end of world and war stuff....

LOL I have got to laugh my self... what if the Andromedans or draconians (another thread) land on my land could i protect it could i charge tham? could i ask the UK to protect my land?

any way this is meant to be light hearted... have fun with the answers

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All of what you ask is extremely interesting. I think that if you did purchase the property, you could donate it to the UK, as you are a citizen of that great country. There would be some legal niceities that would have to be settled. Some precedents would be settled by your case. You could possibly take your claim to either the Court at The Hague or to the UN for consideration.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ive posted this because i was just sat here thinking that some discussions are quite serious and get a bit heated and i thought this would be fun...

i might buy the acre of land and e-mail nasa and see what kind of response i get....

the court of hague meaning the EU court?

If i buy some land I could donate it to ATS as long as all the members were involved and we take the case to the court of law!

Now that would be very intresting...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'll tell ya what. I just happened to have, very recently, started a Martian Fencing Company for all the martian land owners who buy from the company you mentioned.
I will send all equipment, manpower and materials to Mars, plot and fence in your co-ordinants and all for the low-low price of a cool One Million Dollars (US$$$).
Due to the infancy of this company, payment is due before assignment is undertaken.
Sorry, you can't come along and pictures will be provided for proof.
Just U2U me an address to send the bill.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Excellent i want sentry guns on every post and i would like barbed wire to protect the perimeter

1 million dollars is cheap cant you go at night when the sun isn't out to make it cheaper?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Come on i thought you might enjoy the light hearted banter and the fun this thread could explore...

Lunar real estate could be important buy an acre and Nasa smash a satalite into it.....

Could you sue for damages?

new topics

top topics

join