It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian government says aliens responsible for fire!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Monday, November 12, 2007

Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smouldering.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military boffins, arrived in the village 60 miles east of Palermo to investigate the phenomenon.

Arson was quickly ruled out and at one stage an amazed scientist was interviewed after he described how he saw an unplugged electrical cable burst into flames.

Locals were quick to blame supernatural forces and at the time the Vatican’s chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth backed up their fears and said: "I’ve seen things like this before. Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods. Let’s not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers."

Now in an interim leaked report published by several Italian newspapers it has emerged that the Civil Protection Department has concluded the most likely cause was "aliens".

The report was ordered by the Italian government and brought together dozens of experts including a NASA scientist. Their two year investigation has cost an estimated £1 million.

According to the report the fires were "caused by a high power electro magnetic emissions which were not man made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts."

The report also detailed a possible UFO landing close to the village, citing "burnt imprints which have not been explained were found in a field."

Francesco Mantegna Venerando, Sicily’s Civil Protection chief who coordinated the report, said: "This is not the final report. We are still working on our conclusions and this has been leaked.

"We are not saying that little green men from Mars started the fires but that unnatural forces capable of creating a large amount of electromagnetic energy were responsible.

"This is just one possibility we are also looking at another one which involves the testing of top secret weapons by an unknown power which are also capable of producing an enormous amount of energy."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

[edit on 3/23/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I came across this a lil while ago,whats everyone think?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reads to me like breakers have failed in substations. Happens alot in Countries that have extreme variable temperatures. The seals that hold the solder break free and become unstable. Thus causing shorts or over-peaks in the domestic supply.

If you understand how electricity works and how we govern it. You'll know what I mean. If you don't then you'll be astounded at just what electrickery can do!!

I don't intend to sound patronising or condasending but electricity can do some funky things.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dts01

The problem with this explanation is that this would be one of the first things that investigators would have checked for. Along with this it doesn't explain the wedding presents or furniture bursting into flames. Now I'm not saying it was aliens, but it also doesn't seem like it was something as mundane as failing breakers.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
so given the choice, the italians thought aliens more plausible than demons? or perhaps they concluded it must be aliens after the exorcism failed. i have got to see the final report and wait with baited breath to see which nasa scientist puts his/her name to it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well if you read it says there was "magnetic anomolies"and those are commonly thought to be UFOs propulsion systems,aswell as a suppossed UFO landing in the area.

P.S. What does ROFLMA mean???

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are quite a few threads on this subject, some being about a demonic reason, to EMPs, to ETs. Here's an interesting one on the subject, although pretty laughable..

'Demonic' fires engulfing Village! - residents demand exorcism.

Its an interesting occurrence, with many terrestrial explanations, although there is quite a few holes in all the theories. I certainly believe in ET's but I think they'd be careful not to bring attention to themselves by frying my George Foreman. So unless this is a mistake on the part of a unbelievably intelligent race, I say it was a solar flare or EMP problem.

PS. ROFLMAO= Rolling on the floor laughing my *** off.... God, I wish I didn't know that.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up(ROFLMA).

If this is truly alien in source though do you think it could be a sign that some govs are wanting and pushing for a full disclosure?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There's no question many governments are making that move. The japanese are looking to release their gathered info, I believe.....

Well here's one about france releasing files...

Sure, other governments listen to their people and respect their right to knowledge and freedom of information, while America sits with possibly the most evidence ands hides in a base in the middle of Nevada all while acting like it isn't there. Wow, I feel so proud that my voice is heard in this "democracy."

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My dear friends, have you forgotten to think critically about this incident?

If the official government report claims that “Aliens did it”, then what proof does the government provide for their claim? If you think critically about their so-called public release statement, then you would say to yourself, "Where is the proof of the aliens?" Instead, they provide no proof of their claim because they cannot issue the true facts that their investigation has uncovered.

For instance: If the government were trying to debunk a UFO claim they would offer a lot of so-called proof that the UFO is in actuality something else entirely. As well, one would conclude that if the government were trying to come clean on something then still they would offer some proof of their claims.

What you have to ask yourselves is, “If the government spent a million bucks on this investigation, then what have they uncovered?” Never immediately jump to their government conclusion and flatly ask yourself, “Is it true?” Instead, every time your government issues its conclusions on anything you should ask yourself, “Where is your proof?” “What evidence do you have?”

I think that this million dollar investigation has uncovered something important, yes. But it certainly isn’t aliens. I think that the Italian government has uncovered some facts that expose that they have serious and potentially dangerous abnormalities within their own power grid and they don’t want the public to know about it. I think that the Italian government is claiming that “Aliens did it” because they want to completely throw the public off the real cause of their problems, the power grid itself.

Seriously, what would happen if the Italian government said, “Well folks, our power grid has problems that make it unsafe to live around?” If they said that (which they won’t) then all kinds of people would be leaving the affected areas. Let’s not forget that power companies around the globe are government regulated monopolies. This means that if there are problems within the power grid then the government itself is partly to blame for it. As well, there is no other power company to turn to if they have to shut one down for saftey concerns.

The real question here is, “What evidence has the investigation uncovered?” “Show us the facts, don’t just give us your conclusion and expect us to swallow it, hook, line, and sinker?”

I think that the power grid in Italy has serious problems and they don't want anyone to know about it, so, they blame it all on the aliens.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
I think that the Italian government is claiming that “Aliens did it” because they want to completely throw the public off the real cause of their problems, the power grid itself.

I think that the power grid in Italy has serious problems and they don't want anyone to know about it, so, they blame it all on the aliens.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Hot_Wings]

Apart from the fact it sense that a scientist witnessed an unplugged cable bursting into flames.

If the government are going to put their name to it (and scientists too) I am pretty sure they will rule out things that will make them look really stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Why does it have to be aliens? I rather like their second possible explain of the secret weapon testing. Look at it this way, their first theory was that it was demons but the exorcism didn't work. They called an exorcist for their toasters, i think the word "Unidentified" is a very broad term with these people.

We already know the goverment uses microwave weapons and the like. Some type of EMP emitter or something is not out of the realm of possibility. Plus, no one saw a UFO or they wouldn't have thought it was demons.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Concerning legitimacy of the article, it has also been posted by the Telegraph, and seems to be (or have been) a somewhat widely discussed event, although the article is several months old.

It has even been discussed here!

[edit on 24/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The article is absolutely genuine:
i re-post here my OP of another thread i opened on October 27, 2007

a national tv channel (Canale 5) reported that the Aliens could be behind the mystery of Canneto di Caronia, Italy.
Many possible explanations have been provided, but so far each one of them has been ruled out step by step. Now, a group of experts, created by the government and formed by civil, military and even NASA experts, reached a conclusion:

The news will provoke clamour. In the tumult of hypothesis formulated in order to explain the inexplicable one, that is beyond 300 spontaneous fires that are it develops to you to leave from 2004 in the small village of Canneto, fraction of Caronia (Messina), the UFO, some time, were already appearances. But one what is the theory, other the practical one. Already, because now on the fact that can is to us the Aliens behind these mysterious episodes of spontaneous combustion are a classified relationship that expert and scientists of the group of study - created from the Presidency of the council in the 2005- they have written up after two years of studies. The advance is of the weekly magazine "L'Espresso", than in the number in newspaper stand today it dedicates along reportage to the case. The group of study, coordinated from Francisco Mantegna Venerando, regional coordinator of the committee of the sicialian civil Protection, and composed from technicians of police officers, aeronautics, navy and from a investigator of NASA, after 24 months of analysis, has reached the conclusion that Canneto di Caronia has been hit from electromagnetic phenomena of artificial origin, able to generate one concentrated high power, makes us of microwaves to most vhf. But which is the possible cause? Nothing of natural. And the experts makes many guesses: to the first place there is the hypothesis of the experimentation of a mysterious military secret arm, but endured behind there are, exactly, the UFO. "military Technologies evolute also of not terrestrial origin - law in the text - could expose in future entire populations to undesired consequences. The Canneto di Caronia incidents could have been a trial of engage military between not conventional forces or a not aggressive test aimed to the study of the behaviors and the actions in a indeterminato territorial champion insufficient antropizzato ". To support of the thesis, the numerous sights of extraearthlings concentrate to you, watch case, just in the same one wrap of sicilian territory, that one of Canneto di Caronia. In the time, and above all from when the mysterious fires have removed the peace to the families that live in the small fraction, numerous they have been the testimonies - also photographic and video - of persons who have juror of to have seen objects luminous flying.
"Military Tests or alien experiments", therefore, the cause of the most powerful source of energy that would have its center in the Aeolian ones. The experts do not cant themselves. And consequently they end with not giving a solution to the 309 inexplicable episodes that have been taken place in that small earth border.

Source:
www.ilgiornale.it...

Canneto di Caronia fires
Starting sometime in January of 2004, unusual fires were reported in Caronia. The exact date that the problems began was likely January 21, but a few newspaper articles cast doubt on this date by claiming that Caronia's electrical supply has been cut off since January 4.

Appliances, starting with a television and evidently including a cooker and vacuum cleaner, were reported to catch fire spontaneously. Fires also struck wedding presents and a piece of furniture, the type of which is unknown. One article also claimed that a water pipe caught fire, though this report seems dubious.

At least one person, either a police officer or, according to one report, a scientist, was said to have observed an unplugged electrical cable ignite while he was directly observing it. ENEL, the Italian power utility, cut off the town's power supply, but the outbreaks continued.

The authorities ruled out arson fairly early.

English news articles were mixed as to the reaction of the villagers: most pegged them as blaming demonic forces, while some others cast them as blaming the railroad or other man-made agencies. A Catholic exorcist, Gabriele Amorth, suggested that the causes are supernatural; others, such as (according to some sources) the mayor, Pedro Spinnato, assume a natural cause.

Authorities seemed to agree that some sort of electrical anomaly was responsible, and many experts traveled to Caronia to investigate. A few people have blamed volcanic oddities, others speculate that someone was intentionally creating an electrical phenomenon for nefarious ends, possibly including a con on the villagers, with a Tesla-type Magnifying Transmitter or similar device. (Although this raises the question of why the villagers have not heard the thunderous noise produced by it, unless it is very well hidden indeed, and the fact that no attempt at extortion has yet been reported seems odd.)

The phenomenon abated, but began again in April of 2004. By August, it appeared to be gone for good. The cause remains unknown, but some electrical improvements were apparently made to the village's power system.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

Here there's a deep (previous) study about it.
www.datasync.com...

I have to say that many UFO sightings haven't been reported in the past because the people there feared to not be taken seriously, as frequently happens in small communities. But after the first person came out with an account of a sighting, many other people reported sightings. I can state that the case of Canneto is one of the most intriguing i've ever seen, and it has been studied by some of the most important researchers with no results.

I also quote an update posted by cams

Originally posted by cams
Thanks for the thread.

From article in 2004 Unknown Country website
www.unknowncountry.com...

UPDATE: This isn't the first time fires have spontaneously broken out in Italy. The Fortean Times reported that in February of 1990, the same thing happened in the village of San Gottardo, near Venice. It began when Aldo Calgaretto saw the fuse box outside his house start to burn. Within two days, fires started in other homes. TVs turned on and off on their own, lights flashed on a locked car, and a chair caught fire. Mayor Lucio Donatello thought it was a case of mass hysteria, but changed his mind. He said, "One day I discovered my car engine running with all the doors locked. Then the right front door burst into flames in front of my eyes. Another time, I was given a jolt when the electric razor I was using caught fire in my hands."
Donatello and Giancario Zuin stood talking and noticed the parked car they had arrived in burst into flames. "We watched the rear plastic light slowly melt in front of our eyes," said Zuin. "There was more and more smoke and then it burst into flames. I couldn't believe it."
Then Bertilla Moran's house filled with smoke because the wheelchair used by his father had caught fire. People began to complain of headaches, sickness, stomach pains, and skin inflammations.

Now, fourteen years later, Jeremy Charles reports in The Mirror about the same kind of spontaneous fires in the town of Canneto di Caronia in Sicily. Mayor Pedro Spinnato says, "This all began three weeks ago and we can discover no explanation. We cannot risk a tragedy through these fires so I have no other option to evacuate. We have had engineers in to examine cables and wires but they can find nothing wrong. Twelve houses have been severely damaged after various domestic appliances burst into flames. But it is not just electrical items. Furniture is also catching fire for no reason. For the time being we have asked families to leave and stay with friends and relatives so a through examination can take place. People are blaming evil spirits and I am being asked to get the priest to perform an exorcism….."

www.unknowncountry.com...

Mysterious Fires in Africa
06-Sep-2004

We have been following the saga of the mysterious fires that have broken out spontaneously in Sicily—a mystery that has never been solved. Now it turns out that this has been happening in Africa as well.
Oswald Shivute writes in The Namibian that churches in the village of Oshoogolo in Namibia have been holding prayer vigils to try to chase away the mysterious fires at the home of an 85-year-old woman named kuku Kakaya. When she moved to her daughter's house to get away from them, the fires broke out there as well.
Some of the Italians who experienced the fires blamed demonic elements, despite the fact that the fires are being investigated by scientists. The Africans are torn between the advice given by the local church and by their native shaman.
Kuku Kakaya says, "I don't know what to do now because all efforts to assist me are being threatened by this demon's fires…It seems that life will be difficult for me on earth, if things with me are going on like this."

[edit on 24/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey,thanks for all that info you posted,I stared your post.Anyways I think that it is either a millitary test of microwave beam weapons or extraterristrial in orgin.Maybe something went wrong with a crafts propulsion(since it is widley accepted they use magnetics for propulsion).

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A Tesla event:

www.rumormillnews.com...

Sounds the same to me.

Some low flying triangle backfired a static discharge of monumental proportions.

ED: Tesla sits in front of a 1000 turn coil, and say its energized by
a 10kvac power supply and get 10 million volts right off.
Its not from a weapon, its from the plane or craft motor.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 3/24/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reminds me of close encounters of the third kind... a spielberg flick.. pretty good.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Imagine it real. It must happen that way, why would they make it up.
The Bell Island, Newfoundland event is a wake up call to the
Tesla experiments of Colorado Springs is alive and well.

Tesla also worked in a barn by Los Alamos called Technical Area 33
that was cleared out for salvage until mentioned in Lyne's book and
everything was bought back.
It won't be a museum to Tesla even thought his handwriting was
some coil forms. It is being covered as an atomic bomb workplace.
However the salvage predated 1945 era and was more like 1937.
The speculation is Von Braun was taught by Tesla the operation of
the saucer in 1937 and in 1938 Tesla survived an assassination
attempt. Tesla had visitors according to witness accounts before
his death in 1943. So its a lie he died alone. We see this in dis info
books. A nurse applied something that may have weakened Tesla.
So Tesla died before seeing Air Force film of the FOO craft he
would recognize as his invention.

Yeah, it quite some theory.

NASA had real space ships going around the tether.
Well low orbit space ships.

All made the Tesla way.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Where's the debunker?

Here's the tv special , it's in italian so i doubt everyone will understand , but the sum is that they have 3 possible explanations:
1)Military tests
2)UFO engines
3)UFO weapons
The man on the screen was nominated by the government to carry on the investigations:
TV Special

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Jabbah]

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Jabbah]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Interesting post!

Probably an EMP of some description. That would explain the mobile phones crapping out.

Black Projects/Satellite Weapons
Solar Flare/Event
Cosmic Event
UFO Weapon/or Malfunction

How much energy would you need to overload an unplugged appliance though? Can anyone here provide a theoretical limit?

I have to admit though - the waters of credibility have been truly muddied by claims of demons & exorcisms etc - but to be fair, that might have something to do with their proximity to the Vatican City.

Cheers,
InfraRedMan

top topics

<<   2 >>

join