It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Fights Army Over Sons Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Mother Fights Army Over Sons Death

www.rawstory.com

Joan McDonald believes her son was a casualty of the war in Iraq, but the Army says that while he did suffer a severe head wound in a bomb blast, the cause of his death is undetermined, keeping him off the casualty list.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jeez...Talk about adding fuel to the fire. Most of these soldiers have already died to serve these special-interest Elitists power agenda's, in what many people liken to "Dying for nothing."

Now, it's no mystery that a HUGE percentage of soldiers are recieving massive head trauma in this war on the front lines.

This soldier suffers such an injury, temporarily survives and has a delayed demise...Now he is not put on the 'official' casualty list!

Something stinks to high heaven with that IMO...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Didn't read the story. Don't need to.

It's a tragedy for any family to lose a kid over any matter. All the grief and emotion will not bring the child back. I understand her grief, but she needs to move on. Placing blame does nothing in the healing process.

Easy for me to say, not one of my kids, but I saw it too many times with families of kids I went to school with during Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Perhaps from an emotional health perspective you are correct. But wouldn't you agree that this demonstrates how by narrowly defining the 'qualifying factors' for appearing on the casualty list, our information regarding the cost in human lives is being corrupted?

I too feel for the family, but I am also moved by this example of what could be institutionalized deceit.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

"... I have one brother who is saying 'Does it matter. To you, he is a casualty of war. To everyone that knew him, he is a casualty of war.' I am like, well, it kinda does matter."

Yes, yes, it does matter, as the mother says! That woman gave birth to a child who grew up to give his Life in a war. Yes, it does matter.

She gave a child to this nation, so its leaders could send him to be killed in their elective war and not be counted as a casualty? Females (mothers), as those who bear children so the species will continue, will do anything to protect their offspring. She will not allow her son nor the species to be a part of this lie.

top topics

join